Thread: Something else

Something else

Something which is not strictly speaking directly linked to the 18.7 patch series, of which nobody here talked about and which is now very annoying is the preservation of the names of toons which are no longer played at all. Of this preservation results a very very limited choice of nice names nowadays, hence - probably - so many... exotic (to say the least...) names we can see everywhere.

This problem already arose after the merge (I personnally lost the names 2 of my froob toons had on RK2 because of toons which hadn't log in years and hadn't been deleted).

It is really time now for FC to do something about that, drastically. That would also have a positive effect for them, lightening the hard disks of the gate server

They had the name/toon wipe just before the merge. If those toons are still inactive you can petition for the names. It probably wouldn't hurt to have another wipe. I forget the exact rules for deletion/changes but it's something like froobs level 5 or less and inactive for 1 yr = deletion. No time to track down the relevant posts now.

A *real* cleaning would rather be, in a first time, something like :

> froob and didn't log during the last 4 years : deleted
    > paid, not 220 and didn't log during the last 5 years : deleted
    > paid, 220 and didn't log during the last 8 years : deleted.

Anything else is just light cosmetic not resolving the problem.