Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Testlive Patch Notes: 18.7.4.8 (NT)

Testlive Patch Notes: 18.7.4.8 (NT)

*Nano Technicians*

->Slowed down casting time for SL Nukes<-

what?
    you meant "increased casting times" ?
    like, it takes longer for me to cast stuff?

that would be freaking cool, that way i can get a coffe infight, because just everyone would wait to fling/burst/aimedshot/fullauto/perk-chain me untill i come back -right-

"stricken" is just so underrated...

Faster than 18.6 cast times(10 secs for IU) but slower than the lol 2 sec capped speed. The top SL nuke is 8 seconds which is fast enough that 220 NTs are still hitting 2-3 sec casts with UBT up but at least gives others a chance to slow down NTs at all.

all a nt has is nanos when they attack. any other profession has auto attack with dmg or pets, and are free to cast nanos at the same time.
    so i would find it very weird if cast time would be increased up from 2 sec .
    if it would ever happen i am sure they would give nt's a good tradeoff for such.

::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Rockdizzle View Post
    Faster than 18.6 cast times(10 secs for IU) but slower than the lol 2 sec capped speed. The top SL nuke is 8 seconds which is fast enough that 220 NTs are still hitting 2-3 sec casts with UBT up but at least gives others a chance to slow down NTs at all.
    So you wanna slow down NT's? for what? why? are they talking too fast? you could just kill them instead! -,-

NT's are meant to be glass cannons, hard and fast hitting squishies. But it seems that some guys doesn't want them to be that way anymore.

Sad face for NT's like myself

oh and just for the sake of reference

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...Notes-18-7-4-8
    Last edited by Nukedukednw; Jun 11th, 2015 at 04:58:19.

https://aoitems.com/item/253196/izgi...ied-cyberdeck/ 200 version, pretty nice when you think about it as you can't use pistols with SL nuke(patch tomorrow/today will prevent weapons with cyberdeck as intended). add a crit buff and you should gain 30-40k DPM depending on add dmg and amount of hits.

Nothing has changed to the point where you gotta be all over-dramatic about it.

NTs are gonna be capping IU and lower SL nukes easier than pre-18.7 which was the point, what wasn't intended was for NTs to be capping IU at 220 even with 3k init debuffs on them or any lvl NT capping nukes with debuffs np.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockdizzle View Post
    https://aoitems.com/item/253196/izgi...ied-cyberdeck/ 200 version, pretty nice when you think about it as you can't use pistols with SL nuke(patch tomorrow/today will prevent weapons with cyberdeck as intended). add a crit buff and you should gain 30-40k DPM depending on add dmg and amount of hits.

Nothing has changed to the point where you gotta be all over-dramatic about it.

NTs are gonna be capping IU and lower SL nukes easier than pre-18.7 which was the point, what wasn't intended was for NTs to be capping IU at 220 even with 3k init debuffs on them or any lvl NT capping nukes with debuffs np.
    capping IU at 220 with 3k init debuff....? roflmao, are we talking about the same game?
    have you even played an 220 NT with said config (debuff and such)?

crit buff to make the cyberdeck...what? hit like a weapon without specials? don't you realise that this kind of "tuning" destroys the very concept of NT's?

tell me how NT's are supposed to cap cast times easier when they slow them down? doesn't make sense...
    Last edited by Nukedukednw; Jun 11th, 2015 at 05:20:40.

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=218168 Old IU 10 sec cast time 2 sec cap

https://aoitems.com/item/218168/izgimmers-ultimatum/ Current "unintended" IU 2 sec cast time 2 sec cap, 220 NTs run 3.2-3.4k nano init depending on gear you would only need 200 nano init to cap IU full def.

The patch will increase 201-220 nukes up to 8 sec cast times and 50-195 nukes from 3 secs at 50 to 7.6 secs at 195 more in line with what the NT Prof asked for.

If you don't understand after this than I'm done and will let someone else try.
    Last edited by Rockdizzle; Jun 11th, 2015 at 05:28:56.

hahaha i missed the 2 sec attack time completely xD

you could have point me to that fact earlier lol.

well then...the whole thing(thread) lost it's meaning. Puh

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    BUT always remember: Casting nanos resets and stops the attack bar, thus - on NTs - you only ever get weapon hits in during nano recharge. Or when you're out of nano.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

What I don't get is why they added the "Dual wield: Multi Ranged 1000" to the deck in the first place if they didn't want us to use an off-hand weapon. At least the mods on my Lust don't go OE...

Quote Originally Posted by hamms View Post
    What I don't get is why they added the "Dual wield: Multi Ranged 1000" to the deck in the first place if they didn't want us to use an off-hand weapon. At least the mods on my Lust don't go OE...
    Because it was never intended to be possible, and had no multi-ranged requirement at all.

The fact that you can equip both was overlooked in testing, and unfortunately uncorrectable without removing the attack function of the Cyberdeck again.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Then why not go the path of other single-handed weapons and make it right hand only? That way no multi-range requirement would have been necessary or possible, and it could have still shot.
    Stuff here

Quote Originally Posted by Tralauri View Post
    Then why not go the path of other single-handed weapons and make it right hand only? That way no multi-range requirement would have been necessary or possible, and it could have still shot.
    Fairly sure the issue with that is the amount of NT's currently wielding it on the Right Hand. I may be wrong here but the same way I kept my Caterwaul on my NT after it became Agent-Only (by not removing it until 2010-11'ish) could be used to keep the current Deck on and create all sorts of issues.

Vinkera's trying to see if NT's can have a nice off-hand item to go with the Cyberdeck. Visit his threads, they're worth reading.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

If an item doesnt have the multiranged or multimelee stat, it can't be multiwielded. Some items have one of these stats with a value of 0 to explicitly state they can't be multiwielded. Not sure why they didn't do that with these.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    If an item doesnt have the multiranged or multimelee stat, it can't be multiwielded. Some items have one of these stats with a value of 0 to explicitly state they can't be multiwielded. Not sure why they didn't do that with these.
    They did originally have no multiranged value, but were still possible to dual wield with a pistol. Michi specifically added one in a bit of a rush with 18.7.3.

I don't know how / why that was possible with no multiranged value, but it was.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Blatantly dumb idea: Could it have something to do with the old "casting" animation it had? It did use both hands.
    I'm quite curious about this, irrelevant as it has become.

There's still things we can likely wield with this that could be of use but I'm not going to give anyone any bright ideas to prevent further nerfs and complaints.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by Tralauri View Post
    Because the devs cannot reliably force the player who already equipped a pistol to drop it, while adding negative stats immediately works.

On the bright side, you can equip a pistol for its stat buffs (like the soft pepper pistol for a slightly higher AR) and afaik you can help exhaust blockers with another crappy pistol with special attacks.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

I believe the original modified cyber deck from NPE was actually a melee weapon with range and was able to be dual wielded. It went through several changes before the current live version.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast