Thread: Quests+stuff with outdated level locks

Quests+stuff with outdated level locks

Pretty obvious what this thread will contain. Basically, there are a lot of items in AO that have level locks for good reason... And there are a whole whack of quests/items that have level locks that simply don't fit with the valuation /progression of newer items.

Many people think level limitations are bad game design, and I think there are several fairly obvious ones that could be removed.

First up: Quests that really need the level lock removed.

1. The most glaringly obvious: Sergeant Marion Sweet Level req: 120+
    Why? The reward is usable from level 100+

2. Corporal Ashley Winstead: Level req 120+
    Slightly less obvious, but there's really no reason why this level lock is in place. If you can complete the content, and twink into using this nano, by all means you should be able to use it. Most nanos are of comparable power with higher level RK nanos or scheol-to-pen quest level nanos which are finished by toons (I've seen) as low as 60. The level 120 req is a bit absurd. I'd prefer to see the level requirement removed completely.

3. Inferno tours: level req 175 or 190 (I think AOU says 190 but iirc it's 175)
    Since the addition of the Viral belt component platform which is significantly better than the <base stat> component platform which is the reward for this quest, there's almost no reason to do this quest anymore. I think it's fair to say that if someone really wants to go all out to get 5 more of one stat on the belt... might as well let them.

Items that could use a level lock adjustment:

1. Alien beacon/reflex/battery - level 126... These things are not exactly uber-powerful by any means I'd say just get rid of the req entirely.

2. Alien Augmentation huds - If anything, lock them to a level 100 limit since you can go to S10 at level 100. It's kinda ridiculous that you could work hard building a TL4 twink but not be able to use the loot you gain, right?

3. Maybe I'm out of line on this one, but I kinda feel like Dreadloch items could use a level lock adjustment

I'm sure there are more, but these ones were sticking out to me like a sore thumb lately.

IS stuff..especial weapons...Pain Panther > Abbs. Des.

but would be cool to see a pre lv120 toon be able to twink on that weapon..even the better pvp Permafrost for say a lv100 toon
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

100% agree on the 125 req to get into Inner sanctum. could lower it at LEAST to 110 so there's smooth transition between COH and IS for froobs, and for paid players there's the obvious TL4 twink items etc. Not particularly beneficial as most people wouldn't be able to use them either.

Yeah the S10 Util items (battery etc) are pretty weak so slapping them behind 126 is laughable. I vote to lower the reqs to 100 on those. The thing is the HUD Items are very strong indeed for TL4 - the HP and the Damage HUDs especially. I can't think of any other TL4 items that even come close to the sort of power you get from the alien aug devices. It's the sort of thing you keep equipped until you hit TL7 and can finally get hold of some better stuff. Seems a bit OP to drop the level locks on those given how simple they are to acquire. Can buy the bits off GMI with no effort. It's not like getting the Inf Wen-Wen on a TL4 which involves getting them out to Inf and doing the quest. (Buff Wen-Wens )

I also like the idea of IS lowered to 110. (And also pls to be making old TOTW key work on portal to drop you outside the temple until 110 so that there isn't that annoying level gap when you can't use keys to get out to greater tir county.) And also dropping the bronto burger quest level lock to 100 across the board.

Mind you Foreman's twinks are going to jump in power now. But then a similar thing happened when subway was moved to 25 cap instead of 24.

Some of the Dread stuff has some fairly stiff equip reqs to meet so I don't see an issue with dropping some of the level locks there too.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union