Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Again. Multiboxing in AO. ttl7 / ttl5 pvp.

"Multiboxing been in ao since 2004/5" - These were one-off events, not the mass that had no effect on the game as it is now.
    but in fact: alot MBox arose after the introduction in the game of *GRACE*, to pay for playing the game currency, which itself was the boom MB accounts, everything is interconnected.

But here is a question only of the use of MB in PVP and nothing more, about how much this phenomenon kills all interest in the game, to pvp

P.S. reflections on the ease of playing against 6 MB Account from one of the main MBox user - ridiculous, if not designed for children. /Pharexys post/

yeah I know what you mean, but my main point is this..NOTHING is likely to be done about it that hasn't been done, it's time to find ways to quiet the issue by overcoming the obstacle. continuing the same complaints over and over gets zero done, esp. when it's in the wrong thread to begin with. also, I don't MB, I never have, I don't exploit, i don't cheat, I'm a fair person, and anyone that knows me would say the same, I bring ONE toon with me to a fight, if that toon dies, I may get an alt, or wait and rebuff, either way, ALONE I've pissed off plenty of boxers before i quit a while back, it take new tactics, and dying a few times to get it right. it's anew challenge :P wtf else do you have to do anyway?

btw, you want to know what the tells were like as I plucked the toons off? "hah! noob, it's me on 5 accounts, you got lucky" "you're only fighting one person, don't be so proud of yourself" etc etc. I died plenty too. I'm no badass, just a really determined player with a lot of experience. there's always a weakness!

****I'll say this, from what people are saying, it's much worse than it was when I left, so I may reserve any further comments until I see for myself.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Well still its 6 characters controled by one person, they do not wield any power 6 people controlling 6 characters could not have.

We may have lack of people willing to do towers and lack of skill when people are there.

Nothing multiboxer does is supernatural, It is however a force multiplier..

In todays game 2-3 multiboxers are equal in numbers to 12-18 other "singleboxers"...

Making the game more engaging than press 1 button to launch all perks + specials + spam AS would go a long way to make it all better.

Provided we get interactive special and perk execution, playing 6 chars at once wouldnt be that simple. but since one can simply launch specials at will and perk in que... Really no holding back. Most professions once buffed are a one button wonder. Bind everything to one button and you are set. Pressing that one button gets you to operate at 90% capacity.

If perks and specials would be more interactive, and value of just randomly mashing would decrease overall capacity down to 50%... imagine that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I get that, it's an advantage, but being pissed off is an advantage too. look, it's up to you guys, either force the change or accept it. when we were overcome with incredible odds at tl5 years ago, clan had 3 to every 1 of us that were worth a crap, and most of them were very experienced players, good players, with top twinks, we had some numbers, occasionally...but it didn't work due to so many new omni twinks and players, true pvp'rs, myself, and orgmate (Deathsrow), and a couple neutrals (Kic, and Slusa)got together and decided to make a group that could do something about it. our solution was hard work, but what we did was force a war of attrition, as much as one could in a game. we attacked, and attacked, and did not stop, on some nights we took turns in groups, we put a fixer in each group, and started what we had to do, it took several weeks, but it created such a hate for every attack, and nobody knew where we'd actually be, nobody would stay up doing nothing but guarding a stupid base, we wore clans down (I doubt they'll admit it now tho lol). it worked, it balanced the situation, it instilled confidence in Omni and a few weeks in we doubled our attendance to defences, and offences. it wasn't the first time that's happened, but all it took was the determination, and effort, and some creativity. oh the orgs name was "Nothing Personal". it wasn't epic, it was just a little note in the history of many times these kind of things have been overcome. NP didn't win the war, but it did get a ton of people interested, and that turned out to be the real solution, people just knowing it was possible.

get agroup of people together that hate this sh!t and get something done, that's what this game is about :P
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Honestly just remove /assist. That will fix most of the problem. Just make multiboxing a lot harder.. potentially remove /follow while in pvp zone.
    The problem is that FC is allowing certain third-party software, even if they removed /assist there is still other third-party software that could replace it. They need to ban usage of third-party software. Period.

@Pharexys

You do understand that not everyone is able to pay for 13 accounts? Alot of us can only afford 1 to 2 accounts a month, and for us you are paying to win... People leave because of this, thats a fact. In the end you will be playing this game by yourself.. Easier to just put up a private server huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Vexack View Post
    @Pharexys

You do understand that not everyone is able to pay for 13 accounts? Alot of us can only afford 1 to 2 accounts a month, and for us you are paying to win... People leave because of this, thats a fact. In the end you will be playing this game by yourself.. Easier to just put up a private server huh?
    Bump. Even if you CAN afford to pay for 13 accounts, you shouldn't be forced to do so just to compete with 1 other player in pvp.

Well still its 6 characters controled by one person, they do not wield any power 6 people controlling 6 characters could not have.

We may have lack of people willing to do towers and lack of skill when people are there.

In todays game 2-3 multiboxers are equal in numbers to 12-18 other "singleboxers"...

Making the game more engaging than press 1 button to launch all perks + specials + spam AS would go a long way to make it all better.

Provided we get interactive special and perk execution, playing 6 chars at once wouldnt be that simple. but since one can simply launch specials at will and perk in que... Really no holding back. Most professions once buffed are a one button wonder. Bind everything to one button and you are set. Pressing that one button gets you to operate at 90% capacity.

If perks and specials would be more interactive, and value of just randomly mashing would decrease overall capacity down to 50%... imagine that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I think we are kinda forgetting why keybinds were added in the first place. It was to even out the play field because of the 3rd party programs. It gave more power back to the players.

The graces were added to once again empower the player. Yes MB exists, and now you can be one without having to be rich. Hard work and dedication can now birth you a MB account.

You see, the graces and the keybinding are not what gave birth to MBing. MBing was given birth from a huge collaboration of events both funcom and non funcom related. Mainly from the lack of far sight of what a MMO could be. We are defining this right now.

MBing can coexist with normal MMO's. 6 players MBed by 1 person really only gets the multiplier for the starting attack, hes defense is laughable. A few more adjustments to meep and it could get to be a real pain in the arse to do anything on 6 toons.

I would guess to say that two people could easily take a 6v1 MBer. If the combination is right and you know what your doing. Just try it.

I'm not here to continue a flame, and yes I would like to see MBing gone. The reality is, it can be improved but not eliminated without creating a new game client all together. Which by the way, will be undoubtedly exploited as well.

Its the way it is. Grow the awareness and ask for a reasonable change.
    Last edited by Wisdomman; Jun 7th, 2015 at 14:12:21.

Also. As a side note.

A simple change that could be added is a time duration of 12 Seconds on the team meep for fixers. Effectively changing the dynamic in when the MBer can attack. Most people can spot and kill a the main host fairly quickly, once he dies the rest are like fish in a bucket. This buy's them the time needed to do that.

Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdomman View Post
    Also. As a side note.

A simple change that could be added is a time duration of 12 Seconds on the team meep for fixers. Effectively changing the dynamic in when the MBer can attack. Most people can spot and kill a the main host fairly quickly, once he dies the rest are like fish in a bucket. This buy's them the time needed to do that.

Just my two cents.
    It is easy to switch who the leader of the multi-box is. If Pharexys is to be believed, he can switch the leader of his multi-box in "2 seconds".

"Pay to win"? You cannot "compete"? What exactly are you saying here? Is multibox ruining your duels? Your battlestation? Your city PvP? Oh or do you mean you want to solo tower wars and you can't anymore but you totally could before multibox?

This attitude is pathethic and amusing, DI as a guild using multibox has provided more pvp content in the past 3 months than every other guild in ao combined since server merge. It's not only good, it's the way AO pvp will survive. And it has zero impact on non multiboxers. Nothing at all has changed. You have zerg you win. You are equal numbered but more skilled you win. You are not? Get better.
    Last edited by soul; Jun 7th, 2015 at 14:26:01.
    Fourth, Devil Inside - Part of the ship, part of the crew.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Join Hellcom today, the official support and therapy group for victims of Devil Inside abuse. Free backyard flag camping tutorial included.

Quote Originally Posted by soul View Post
    "Pay to win"? You cannot "compete"? ......This attitude is pathethic and amusing .....And it has zero impact on non multiboxers. Nothing at all has changed. You have zerg you win. You are equal numbered but more skilled you win. You are not? Get better.
    Whats pathetic is how you represent yourself and your org. If you want people to listen, you might want to try to represent yourself more respectfully.

It clearly impacts that game, its arguable to the extent of its neutrality, but clearly exists.

Yes people need to move on and accept it. MBers could be seen as nights, and 1v1 players as pawns. They all have roles and can do different things. Its certainly not a exact equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by JustADreamer View Post
    It is easy to switch who the leader of the multi-box is. If Pharexys is to be believed, he can switch the leader of his multi-box in "2 seconds".
    Sure he could. The idea is it causes him to stutter. Not to mention, can they all meep? Sure some will be able to.

But the ultimate idea I had wasn't that he could switch, it was the fact that he would have to wait a total of 10 seconds or more to get hes toons out of where they are.
    Last edited by Wisdomman; Jun 7th, 2015 at 15:07:19.

This happens in exactly the same way on every MB thread, initially a few comments, then the boxers and their sycophantic (thanks for the free bases and loot guildies) use all six+ accounts each to start posting flames or feeble attempts at justify or glorifying there abhorrent actions in game, meanwhile FC can't/won't do a thing about it.

Pity really.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post

Actually that's where most people's logic fail them. 18 people will not match up to 3 of our multiboxes, no. And it has nothing to do with multiboxing. It has everything to do that you're trying to match up against toons that are fully endgame, have a proper team composition and use split assisting instead of having 50 random pvm geared players press aimedshot on one person then wonder why they are failing. AO is still about having gear and how you use it. The only advantage multibox provides is that instead of having to deal with 5 people that are possibly incompetent and can't be coordinated to play properly, I just don't have to deal with them. So multibox is a cure to stupidity and undegeared characters. Ban it please.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Join Hellcom today, the official support and therapy group for victims of Devil Inside abuse. Free backyard flag camping tutorial included.

Quote Originally Posted by soul View Post
    ...use split assisting instead of having 50 random pvm geared players press aimedshot on one person then wonder why they are failing....
    This concept is a hard one for people to understand. I often try to explain how and or why it happens like that, and they just rage quit in confusion.

Yes, the mechanics do allow this to happen. A simple example is a atrox adv with all outside buffs with stacked shields for all damage types and stacked reflection with absorption blockers and stacked SB buff that blocks 30 attacks and 10 specials. Then top that off with BR, Random heals, Coon, and Guardian. Yes, it can happen.

This is often a concept hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdomman View Post
    This concept is a hard one for people to understand. I often try to explain how and or why it happens like that, and they just rage quit in confusion.

Yes, the mechanics do allow this to happen. A simple example is a atrox adv with all outside buffs with stacked shields for all damage types and stacked reflection with absorption blockers and stacked SB buff that blocks 30 attacks and 10 specials. Then top that off with BR, Random heals, Coon, and Guardian. Yes, it can happen.

This is often a concept hard to understand.
    that is a whole hell of a lot of fun too
    T O O N Z:

I am very sorry i have to go a bit off topic, i will take the infraction if you cant take the reality.

Reality is, old systems(bots) of telling people how to do content are long gone. Some people never liked changes and they keep doing the same thing over and over again, me and most of clanners atm been embrace the new way of doing it. Be free. be whatever you want. Be a leet!
    You either adapt to reality or you find yourself behind.
    Accusing a guy who enjoys game and dedicate so much into it that is distroying it? You want me to distroy it? then i come BS and Bor and so on and i will show you how i can make your emo level explode and you'll rage quit evryday.
    We have never abused Multibox like some omnis did, killing 1 guy meeping then bragging you are good, thats not what i have did with multibox and thats what kills the game if you wanna see it that way. I see it i have to be smarter then him and addapt. You can flame me, troll me, point things at me, accuse me of stealing my own accounts, accuse me of sharing my own accounts, claiming my own accounts, and so on.. Evryone speaks just becouse they want some attention and so on.

Fact is, DI showed you how to multibox at a completly different level and if i release one movie you all will start multibox and pay 6 accts in 30 seconds. The most fun i had in this game is when i was dueling non stop in Tir Arena back in the day and when I started multiboxing, even the frustrating of dying 200 times per day for a few weeks was annoying, it came and rewarded me back!

I know is frustrating to die to 6 agts 170s, but we cant complain or ask FC to ban them just becouse they dedicated time to create 5 agts and they pay 5 accts for it. No, thats not the way to go, it is not fair in your opinion ? Then find strategies and ways to make them not enjoy theyr time spent, and they will quit game, look at that punk guy, he cant do **** he quits.
    All i am asking from you, be smarter and report if you see any EULA breaking. Normal multiboxers like me are just people who dedicate ALOT of time into it.
    Not evryone has to multibox, we got **** load of players in DI who dont multibox and probly would never do, they do very good on one toon and i think without them we would of never accomplish all we did.
    Last edited by Pharexys; Jun 7th, 2015 at 16:58:43.
    Devil Inside for life.
    Pharexys - Adventurer
    Maniacu - Soldier
    Cyber2 - Nano-Technician
    Multibox - Bureaucrat

Devil Inside Website - Devil Inside Forum - Devil Inside YouTube Channel - Pharexys Twich Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Pharexys View Post
    .....old systems(bots) of telling people how to do content are long gone...emo level explode and you'll rage quit evryday....We have never abused Multibox like some omnis did....Fact is DI showed you how to multibox at a completly different level....Tir Arena back in the day and when I started multiboxing.....frustrating to die to 6 agts 170s, ....ask FC to ban them....not fair in your opinion..find strategie.... be smarter and report if you see any EULA breaking...Normal multiboxers like me are just people who dedicate ALOT of time into it....Not evryone has to multibox.....they do very good on one toon and i think without them we would of never accomplish all we did.
    Why is it that everyone I see from DI has a certain jenesequa that sets them apart before they undoubtedly announce their allegiance. You guys are coming on a bit strong, you might want to tune it down.

Moving on.

Putting the obnoxious obligated tone aside, you make some good points. First off, lets make it clear that "DI" setting the bar for MBers is kinda a joke. The strides are made by the MBer themselves, not for the credit of a entire org. Also, MBing is well know. There is nothing you can show me that would "Blow my socks off". A know of 3 people that have shared and shown their own apps for doing it. Yes its impressive.

And your right, MBing isn't going anywhere. But this isn't some "divine prediction"... its whats actually happening. It will become accepted and battled against in a variety of ways, its just a new dynamic to deal with.

However, You don't have to obnoxiously shove someones face in it.

It just changes the way you play.

Another note "i will show you how i can make your emo level explode and you'll rage quit evryday" This is just nuts to say this to someone. Is this a threat? Wtf is the point of this?

Not sure if you figured it out. But if I don't flag, you cant kill me.

Ask how hellcom's attempts are going now a days.

Point is, try to be modest so people can actually take something away from you.

PS. Are we still doing the whole "Omni MB so much harder then Clan" and vs versa? I'm sorry, I thought we were over that pointless argument.
    Last edited by Wisdomman; Jun 7th, 2015 at 17:10:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharexys View Post
    killing 1 guy meeping then bragging you are good, thats not what i have did with multibox and thats what kills the game if you wanna see it that way
    Those people appear and disappear pretty fast, I don't see them as an issue. If you end up paying 5-6 accounts and still not able to accomplish much you most likely just quit the game and stop showing your face, sooner or later it happens.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast