Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516

Thread: Again. Multiboxing in AO. ttl7 / ttl5 pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendaar View Post
    Thank you Awikun, your hypocrisy encourages me to look into multiboxing !
    Because it seems to piss off lootright sellers, which is a very desirable goal.
    Please show me which of my posts shows any signs of my hypocrisy or stop using words that you do not understand.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Please show me which of my posts shows any signs of my hypocrisy or stop using words that you do not understand.
    If you wish ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Demand of everything is decreased a lot and is almost impossible to sell anything to other players (lootrights or GMI)
    In the second quote, you're implying that selling lootrights is something positive or even desirable. It isn't.
    I believe lootright selling did much more damage to this game than a few people playing more than one toon at a time.

Summary in less fancy words for you : wanting to get rid of multiboxing to be able to satisfy your greed makes you a hypocrite.
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

Bendaar,

Sorry but you completely missed my point:
    You take 1 sentence " Demand of everything is decreased a lot and is almost impossible to sell anything to other players (lootrights or GMI)" out of the list that starts with

"Some more &%$#ers with no life saw that and decided that it would be cool to do the same (and I have no idea nor care whether they were Omni or Clan) so even more towers at the same time were hit with this "genious" strategy"

and end with
    "FC realises nobody is loging to AO servers and decides to switch them off... "

That list is a mixture of facts (the way I see those facts) and my predictions of what will happen in future.

I am not implying anything except 2 things:
    1 - MB is bad thing
    2 - It will lead to death of AO which is also bad thing

The sentence that you quote "Demand of everything is decreased a lot and is almost impossible to sell anything to other players (lootrights or GMI)" is just a fact that number of any tradeing between characters will go down to almost zero no matter if it is:
    face to face trade (item for credits)
    lootright (take loot for credits)
    I even forgot to add another possible transactions like
    fee for tradeskilling
    fee for "quest help service"
    fee for "kiting" or other form of power leveling
    It had nothing to do with my opinion about any of above mentioned form of earning credits.
    I just predicted that they will all stop as a side effect of multiboxing.

As for my stand on lootright selling as well as beeing accused of greed:
    1. I always believed and still believe in a golden rule "need over greed"
    2. Over the 10+ years I played AO I helped many orgmates or even strangers as long as they were nice and asked for help most of the time not taking any payment.
    3. I never start any loot farming with a purpose of selling lootrights because from my experience if I need credits I rather farm items that I can sell through GMI

However you may see me (some of my characters) selling lootrights on Neutnet/dnet and I'll happily explain why? and how?
    Whenever I need any loot from S7, Dread, or Pande for me or one of my friends or orgmates I'll do the following:
    1. Kill that instance/encounter (solo or with friends/orgmate) if a desired loot drops then the one that need it loots it.
    2. If something else drops I ask everybody (friends, orgmates) who need/want it then he/she loots it
    3. If something else drops that nobody need/want and I consider such item valuable/rare/usefull instead of allowing it to rot I will send Neutnet/dnet spam WTS Lootrights

Examples of that are most of the time:
    Any S7 weapon (I can solo all S7 bosses and often ppls ask me for specific weapon so I offer WTS lootrights on any "nice" weapons that drop in the meantime)
    Some items from Dreads bosses (they are random so If I do not get what I need I try to sell what in fact dropped)
    All items from Pande (always done with other ppl) I always go to Pande when I need some item or when somebody ask me for help. Then same principle whoever needs loot takes it and only leftovers are offered as WTS lootrights

I have never gone to any instance with intention of selling lootrights for profit! I go there when I need some nodrop item for alt or to help friends/orgmates.
    If occassional lootright selling of leftovers/unwanted items makes me a greedy person and hypocrite then be it
    Last edited by Awikun; Jul 28th, 2015 at 17:12:11.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Greedy is definitely the wrong word, self-centered is more accurate.

I see, as I think we can all agree, a nearer rather than farther terminal point for AO.

But......

Recently my wife and I are having a good time on most days.

However MB's in PvP does bother us. If it is here to stay (and I believe it is) then

It is a shame that the average player cannot, with a quest or credits, hire NPC players to "complete" a group of 6. This might help?
    Main: - Vonshot: 217/26 Omni Trox Trader

Alts:
    - Nycrow: 191/11 Trox Fixer
    - Tanknip: 217/14 Trox Doctor, The Cookie Monster
    - Nightswan: 164/5 Solitus Crat
    - Ghostblade: 184/19 Trox Shade
    - Megachug: 57/5 Trox Enforcer
    - Kyllx: 51/5 Opifex Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Nycrow View Post
    I see, as I think we can all agree, a nearer rather than farther terminal point for AO.

But......

Recently my wife and I are having a good time on most days.

However MB's in PvP does bother us. If it is here to stay (and I believe it is) then

It is a shame that the average player cannot, with a quest or credits, hire NPC players to "complete" a group of 6. This might help?
    What's to prevent the MBer from doing the same and making his 6 players into 36?

Good question and I do not know about MB mechanics. Are they not usually grouped in to one group for easier command and control?

To add on to the discussion in the other MB thread in this forum section perhaps one group per IP limit?

Anarchy Online is for sure a game where folks legit run a high level toon to watch over their lowbie all day every day. This is fine.
    Main: - Vonshot: 217/26 Omni Trox Trader

Alts:
    - Nycrow: 191/11 Trox Fixer
    - Tanknip: 217/14 Trox Doctor, The Cookie Monster
    - Nightswan: 164/5 Solitus Crat
    - Ghostblade: 184/19 Trox Shade
    - Megachug: 57/5 Trox Enforcer
    - Kyllx: 51/5 Opifex Agent

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516