Page 1 of 16 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Again. Multiboxing in AO. ttl7 / ttl5 pvp.

Angry Again. Multiboxing in AO. ttl7 / ttl5 pvp.

Hi there,

I know you would like me to send you an email first, but I also already know what you will tell me and get all of this discution remain private. Wich I do not want because I want this to be public, as everyone should have an opinion about it. As we are probably hundreds thinking this, while are protected like 3-4 guys because they own 6 paid accounts. First of all, before to make any comment on what I have to say, maybe you would tell me : does 24 accounts (I assume 4 multiboxers then...) worth the loss of hundreds ? Does it worth it really ? What should it look for ? A MMORPG with 4 guys online ?

This said, I'd like to say that none of this have anything to do with the side. Omni / Clan / Neut, the problem remain the same because it touches everyone. Not only pvpers, but also members of organizations that owns one or more fields. It also has nothing to do with the fact of beeing ganked or any angriness about it. Its just facts...

I also know that FC said they are supporting multiboxing. But eh, I don't take that as an answer, and I want to say, in name of ALL OTHER PLAYERS, that enough is enough. Multiboxing shouldnt be allowed to KS someone, to Gank someone or to erase some organization's towers. And I say it again, it has nothing to do with side. It's about everyone.

I have saved logs about beeing instant killed by the same guy that only pushed a button. wich means : no fight skill, no fight knowledge, only hit a button. What a lame really. I can share those logs if people want, but I dont wanna polute this post and make it look like a complain about beeing killed. I don't mind to be killed in pvp by someone better than me or by people who learn and organize themselves to take me down, its part of the game. But I do mind when one single guy just target and is able to kill a whole team by pressing a single button. I complain about multiboxers.

Enough is enough.

Please FC : Listen to your players (I play AO since november 2001, of course paid, so I can say I kinda support your work eh...) and stop to support the 3-4 guys that are just ruining the whole game. Cause yes, multiboxing affects all other players in many ways. No need to again and again list all the things they are ruining, you all know what I mean. Many people already left the game because of this. And I understand it.

Of course, if nobody complains, nothing will move. So I'm complaining today. I will complain tomorrow, and the day after, and again and again and again, until you do something. Cause damnit. Enough is enough.

--> Dominatrice / Maitresse / halakazham, head of dimplomacy and recruitment of The Glowing Nightflies. I speak in my name, but many people think the same thing.

I agree. I had started to write a long winded post, but I fear it could be misconstrued as a "QQ noob" since I only recently started playing. I will just put simply that the multi boxing is off-putting to a new player. Seeing one person clear nearly any raid with a bunch of alt characters to sell loot rights feels like it cheapens my experience in trying to find a group that will take a new person to do things.

I have little experience in pvp in this game, but multi-boxing killed the WoW pvp experience because of the simple logistics. If you have one group of people who act so perfectly in unison, you can't stop it. All 3/4/5 of them will be able to cast/shoot/fight the same target at the same time. Those same 3/4/5 players acting separately will have to coordinate, and likely are not on voice chat counting down the seconds until they all hit their nukes at the same time. Having 1 player hit 1 button to use all of their large burst abilities leaves their target with no chance to heal the damage. It's as if you've added a 1 hit KO move to the game.

Anyways, I'm not good at pvp, I am new to the game, and I get that I might get the "QQ nub" still...but I feel like maybe my voice matters too.

Hello,

@ titemeta , totaly agree
    since my return on AO i hear only about "T7 PvP is dead because multiboxing".
    Cya

Kalahaan
    Proud member of Ancarim Iron Legion

+1
    MBox in pvp is .. way to end for AO

We are not happy with this, but what are the suggestions for the FC, how to fix it.
    I have heard suggestions disable "/follow" if ppl flagged, decide this problem at its root? I do not think.
    any suggestions?

any suggestion ? end this. I'm not a game developer, I don't work for FC, I'm a player who gives my money to FC since years.... I dont have any magical solution to give, but is this a reason for me not to say anything ? I know that a LOT of people thinks the exact same thing and don't dare say a word. But I dare. I know the subject has been discussed already. And until then, nothing has been done against it. More, FC "supports" multiboxing. Well, is this also a reason to say I agree with them or just say "oh well its just like that ?" no.

So my point is to say that this is enough, and they must do something about it.

Efectively, disable /follow on flagged ppl might be some simple trick... Maybe some people have more ideas ??

totally agree with him you did pretty much conclude all of whats everyone out there want to say , and we need a solution for this no sense game is die-ing the month isn't over yet and game started to go into desert mode again
    Herooo0 220/30/70 MA
    Darux 220/30/70 Engi
    Spartax 220/30/70 Enf
    X771 220/30/70 Fix
    Exavii 214/30/70 Shade
    Devix 164 trader
    Herooo00 150 MA

do people multibox in coop games? http://i.imgur.com/w7dmvBw.jpg
    [Robosapiens - 220eng] [Melchran - 220nt] [Mirkku - 207agent] [Litina -157doc] [Fatina -157fix] [Notatina - 116trader] [Lotina - 110nt] [Notina - 95enf] [Tupu - 95sold] [Hotina 76agent] [Clotclown - 43agent] [Melchram - 30agent] [Jytina 21trader]

FC/our lone Dev don't like multiboxing, there is just no way to stop it, AO is given few resources, they are not gonna spend them on the CS debacle that would be stopping this.

It's not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahaan View Post
    Hello,

@ titemeta , totaly agree
    since my return on AO i hear only about "T7 PvP is dead because multiboxing".
    You're listening to the wrong people. Pvp is dead because it's content is ancient and boring (not to mention extremely broken and/or unbalanced). Just like pvm would be dead if it's development stopped 10 years ago.

I had a discution with a GM ingame. Its been forward to FC. A mail has been sent. I pay for some content where I want a minimal level of quality. Now "Darkerthanblack" if your point is just to say AO is a bad game, please go troll somewhere else. This issue must be solved. If you don't like the game, well, go play something else...

Mb is not the issue. It's not going anywhere. Both sides mb, both sides feel the effects. Surprisingly this thread is popping up today after a few Tl5 sites were taken? Coincidence????

Take a look at the side xp.

No one came to defend anything....just some 207s from DI. Try fighting next time.
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

I came to defend. There was 6 omlets that I wanted to fight against (and the only other guy around was lvl 200, so impossible for him to hit the 150) but for glory I was going to fight them, for fun also... People I'm used to fight at 150 BS, they must know my mp. And lemme precise it's not a field of my org. No, once I started to nuke at one of them, 6 characters lvl 170 sent a special on me at the exact same moment. So where is the fight ? Dont speak about defense. There is just no way to be able to defeat this. Or what ? should we all multibox ? Is that AO should be ?

And as I said this has nothing to do about sides.

Anyway, this said, this is not even the point. And I'm not angry or anything. Just re-read what I wrote and don't try to move the subject please.

Quote Originally Posted by titemeta View Post
    I came to defend. There was 6 omlets that I wanted to fight against (and the only other guy around was lvl 200, so impossible for him to hit the 150) but for glory I was going to fight them, for fun also... People I'm used to fight at 150 BS, they must know my mp. And lemme precise it's not a field of my org. No, once I started to nuke at one of them, 6 characters lvl 170 sent a special on me at the exact same moment. So where is the fight ? Dont speak about defense. There is just no way to be able to defeat this. Or what ? should we all multibox ? Is that AO should be ?

And as I said this has nothing to do about sides.

Anyway, this said, this is not even the point. And I'm not angry or anything. Just re-read what I wrote and don't try to move the subject please.
    So you came on ONE 150 toon and expected to live against a raidforce? This is towers not bs. Stay with your raidforce and fight together.

Even if there was no mbing people the whole other raidforce woulda splatted you.

I'm failing to see what your point is.
    Last edited by Chewy1; Jun 5th, 2015 at 23:53:44.
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy1 View Post
    So you came on ONE 150 toon and expected to live against a raidforce? This is towers not bs. Stay with your raidforce and fight together.

Even if there was no mbing people the whole other raidforce woulda splatted you.

I'm failing to see what your point is.
    LMAO i guess you are not getting his point , it isn't a raid force it is one person controlling 5 toons. I have sent PM's and letters on this so many times. It isn't fair, but no one will step up and stop it. all it would take is the Game Director to say " We are not allowing multiboxing any longer. If observed multiboxing your accounts will be suspended 1 week, etc etc" It isnt that hard to spot a multiboxed team. I have seen so many players quit the game over this issue. The funny part is that if you ever get one of the MB team members 1 v 1 they are terrible at PvP.
    Last edited by Damtaz; Jun 6th, 2015 at 00:36:01. Reason: speel check
    Hawtaysboy 220/30/70 NT Komodo Director http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=200379

OS - WIN 7 Ultimate
    CPU - i7 2600k @ 3.7 GHz
    MoBo - Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7-B3
    GPU - ASUS GTX 580 DC II x 2
    Mem - G.Skill Ripjaws 16 GB DDR 3 2133
    SSD - Intel 128 GB
    HDD - WG Digital VelociRaptor 450 GB
    PS - Thermaltake TPG 1200M

Quote Originally Posted by Damtaz View Post
    LMAO i guess you are not getting his point , it isn't a raid force it is one person controlling 5 toons. I have sent PM's and letters on this so many times. It isn't fair, but no one will step up and stop it. all it would take is the Game Director to say " We are not allowing multiboxing any longer. If observed multiboxing your accounts will be suspended 1 week, etc etc" It isnt that hard to spot a multiboxed team. I have seen so many players quit the game over this issue. The funny part is that if you ever get one of the MB team members 1 v 1 they are terrible at PvP.
    +1

I know the guys that was playing single characters. I was able to take alone down at least 2 of them, maybe 3 or 4 before to be wiped. PVP doesnt mean fight against ONE multiboxer and get insta-killed. And this is regardless the side.

cry babies. there's always something, and we've always overcome, use your brains instead of crying, and find a way to put MB'n ppl out of business. I don't agree with it, but I think it's ok also since either side has equal access to this ability. stop crying, and learn how to adapt.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Damtaz View Post
    I'm saying TAKE AWAY THE MB and he was STILL gonna die to the RAIDFORCE that was there. There was 2-3 FULL teams EXCLUDING the MB'ers.......

See what I'm saying? I guess not.

edit:

I didn't see omni whining when we lost all towers to clan MB. We just took a few fields today and more QQ in this thread than there has been in the past few months.

Stop blaming the MB'ers and learn how to organize better.
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

FC doesn't seem to mind multi-box leveling bots so I doubt they care much about MB towers.

What I say, again, is regardless the side. I disagree that clan, omni, or neuts having the ability of multiboxing in pvp.
    There is a huge difference between someone who knows well his characters ability to pvp and some guy who just press one button to instakill. There can be beauty in pvp. I respect good opponents. Those who actually fight. Those who learn and adapt. Multiboxing kills the beauty of pvp. Is that so hard to understand?

Page 1 of 16 12345678910111213141516 LastLast