Thread: Rifle+melee energy perks landing during CIB

Rifle+melee energy perks landing during CIB

Hello funcom first i'd like to say i really like the changes that have been made ( NT aside ) and would like to thank you for continueing to develope/balance AO.

One problem that has come up though is the fact that Agents and Keepers(melee energy) seem to be able to perk crats and maybe others during Evasive stance otherwise known as CIB ingame even when stacked with Overrule(500+aad) and Blast shield(500+ aad) giving a total of 2000 aad bonus and the perks still land(the crat is in all top gear and AI 30). I'm fairly cartain this wasnt intended and is a side effect of the perks being based on attack rating rather than Rifle skill or melee energy skill and is quite problematic.

One solution i have thought of could be that you rework the perks to be based on rifle skill and melee energy skill again, but with slightly lower defence checks so they still land on us when evasive stance isnt up, and dance of fools isnt up on other evade profs. So pinpoint strike for example could be: Rifle 100% vs Dodge rng 75% or somthing that allows them to perk evade profs when their big defence cooldowns are not active.

These two profs have essentially had their SL perks turned into AI perks, Which the attacking stat is attack rating which was an AI perk only thing which is what made them quite powerful.

Thank you for your time and keep up the good work!

I tested this a crap load on test due to others saying the exact same claim about keepers (petty Advy couldn't accept that I could alpha/perk him) and I can say with 100% certainty that they all work perfectly fine.

I dueled a MA over and over until he was able to find a way to stay over my effective AR on perks of 5k (2.7k 2HE and alittle more than 1.1k AAO) so I couldn't perk him anymore until his Dof/ES/Dof cycle was done despite being able to at the start.

The problem could be you underestimating the amount of AAO on agent/keep but if you can replicate the bug where a Agent/Keeper is perking you thru 5k+ def while having less AR than the problem could lie with something in Crat toolset and warrant a check.

*note* Cybernectic Samurai for keepers is unlikely(hopefully) to change to ME as it was originally a dmg perkline for 2HE and it now having ME added doesn't warrant 2HE keeps losing what little alpha/dd power they can dish out if they go for it. My suggestion of making a SL ME perkline for Keeps/Enfs to share with Duck Check to match was shot down quickly unfortunately.
    Last edited by Rockdizzle; Jun 3rd, 2015 at 13:05:02.

Nah, Keepers+agents can perk fully geared (full css + alpha symbs + all other gear) crats during CIB totally perk us willynilly, even when overrule+blastshield is active. fairly certain we have evasive stance for a reason, may aswell remove it from game if its not stopping 2-3-4k dmg perks landing for those 30s its active.

Quote Originally Posted by Opentrade View Post
    Nah, Keepers+agents can perk fully geared (full css + alpha symbs + all other gear) crats during CIB totally perk us willynilly, even when overrule+blastshield is active. fairly certain we have evasive stance for a reason, may aswell remove it from game if its not stopping 2-3-4k dmg perks landing for those 30s its active.
    they arent landing on *2 shield mp then i suppose with 2K aad temp perk it shouldnt land on your crat except if agent stated Qed perk before you use them (your def perk are slow and agent can delay up to 6 sec)
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

I have a keeper if you wanna test this quickly on crat and preferbly another evade prof like fixer or MA so I can show you how it fails to land on other profs with enough evades.

I remember on test evade debuffing a dual shield MP in a duel on a full AR 2HE soli keep but I couldn't land Reaver so it was pointless lol
    Last edited by Rockdizzle; Jun 3rd, 2015 at 13:18:51.

Its potentially a crat thing then, as our dodge is 1810 self nanomage(no towers/contracts), also and the check is attack rating vs dodge. The perks are used preemptively and its not a onetime thing, its always. and i've pvp'd extensively on the toon. a dual shield MP is not a good way to check how crats are perked, they also do get an evade buff which is the stat which is checked against.

CIB is 0.5seconds to activate now, 1second for dodge the blame. CIB almost always comes after dodge the blame with 2-3s left on dtb. Its mainly an issue for us crats because of the full NCU view now.
    *they are not Q'ing before cooldowns are running*

But hey theres like 2 crats endgame left who pvp atall so who cares eh?
    Last edited by Opentrade; Jun 3rd, 2015 at 14:04:40.

We can crunch numbers if you like, but I think Rock is right. I don't see any way either keeper or agent will willy-nilly perk your crat through Evasive and Overrule. At least for Agent perks, that would take well over 5k perk AR.

Are you sure there's nothing else going on? Are they landing perks before you pop def, or using MR?

I definitely don't like this suggestion. I'm one of the people crazy enough to play PvM agent, and while there were a few nice QoL changes for 220 agent, the big thing about 18.7 was freeing up our perks, which allowed me to seriously consider getting away from the misery that is PvM rifles. If the attack or defense % needs to be adjusted I'm fine with that, but please don't shoehorn us back into rifles.

Ya I leveled one of my Agents just so I could mess around with different setups at 200 and 220. Gonna be Pistol in final setup but losing rifle perks means I lose just under 100k DPM from toxic shock + dmg perks which is alot.

In PvP terms too, I don't think the current perk AR is a problem for Agents. We're finally getting close to the other artillery profs now. Before 18.7 we were a bit behind support professions.

I'm confused as to what the OP is describing. Agent literally cannot get the AR required for that situation. As Dritst mentioned too, if Agents could perk crats through ES+Overrule+Blast shield, they would be perking dual shield MPs like nothing. It's just numbers, and I really don't understand how it's possible.

Edit: Is a high ql dd proc being mistaken as a perk? Is there a damage log for this?

I dueld a crat for 20 mins on my mele energy keeper so i would call that balanced. I ripped many crats in a few seconds aswell, but agein.. if you know your profession and the toolset... you wouldnt ned to cry here about this issue.
    Not trying to be rude or troll, but thats how it is.