Thread: new NPE requests

new NPE requests

some things I would like to see in npe

1. a place to zone into closer to start area or vendors, so people in different gs don't have to run all the way out to alien ship just to play together.
    it's a hassle when you and a friend start new toons but aren't in same gs.

2. it would be nice to have a mission terminal to pull missions from so newbies can have more known options for xp when they leave arête.
    just level lock the terminal to lvl 10 or 15

3. can't figure out why there is no bank terminal anywhere, please put one in.

4. please put small backpacks in one of the vendors, the new packs are nodrop, can't store very many farmed ai weapons.
    the old newb island had a quest for a regular backpack, maybe that's an option also.
    2017 - The beginning of the end.

Quote Originally Posted by metaluv
    1. a place to zone into closer to start area or vendors, so people in different gs don't have to run all the way out to alien ship just to play together.
    it's a hassle when you and a friend start new toons but aren't in same gs.
    This. So much.
    I'd prefer if it was right at Rex though, because if I want to start with a friend or two toons at once, I don't wanna run to the Vendors first and then back again just to be teamed.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

"1. a place to zone into closer to start area or vendors, so people in different gs don't have to run all the way out to alien ship just to play together.
    it's a hassle when you and a friend start new toons but aren't in same gs."

I hear you,it is so frustraiting

To play devil advocate, besides #1 those are requests about us veteran players who want to optimize inside the tutorial zone. Which is not the main mission this area should accomplish.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    To play devil advocate, besides #1 those are requests about us veteran players who want to optimize inside the tutorial zone. Which is not the main mission this area should accomplish.
    Only #4 is to do with optimisation. #1, #2 and #3 would all benefit new players greatly.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

I can see how #'s 1 & 2 might be implemented and useful for new players to learn about pulling missions.

There hasn't been a bank terminal in newbie area since the "OLD" backyards and even that one may have been added later, I don't recall. Neither newbie island or the SL starter area had banks or backpacks available except by quest. So it would seem that the intention is not to stay longer than necessary to get an introduction to the game. Not that I wouldn't mind one additional backpack (nodrop would be fine to discourage farming) since the zone does drop the items for the shoulder pad quest ...

Emma

That crate at the beginning where the healing droid spawns from, make that a thing you can zone into. The room is empty except for a shift-click box that explains how GSes and /lft works.
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuegen View Post
    That crate at the beginning where the healing droid spawns from, make that a thing you can zone into. The room is empty except for a shift-click box that explains how GSes and /lft works.
    Good idea, I didn't realize you could even go inside the crate ...

Emma