Thread: Negative 500 to Run Speed?

Negative 500 to Run Speed?

Was there a change made to the Prototype formula for the daily mission to deliver test software to the NPC in CAV?

I just did this daily and the hostile nano cast on me did the stated damage Plus it Reduced my run speed by 500 points. The nano does not say anything about reducing run speed ...

Is this working as intended?

Prototype Formula
    Nano Cost: 0 (0)School: Combat
    Stacking Order: 1
    Nanoline: Prototype Nanoformula
    Duration: 02:46:40
    Range: 25m
    Damage: 200-200
    Description:
    This formula is an experimental prototype, you are commisioned to test it's effect.

Emma

In case this is a bug ...

Extended location information:
    - 396.8, 3044.1, 34.6 (396.8 3044.1 y 34.6 590)
    - Pf Proxy: Model=51100:590 GS=0 SG=0 R=590, resource: 590
    - zone: 7305, area: "The Old Forest"
    Server id: 3511, character id: 50000:264254, time: 2015-05-16 23:29:21 (UTC)
    Version: 18.7.3_EP1, map id: 18.7.3.1_07.05.2015_23.22.48, build: 52220.

There are two nano programs by that name.
    Prototype Formula does indeed reduce runspeed.
    Prototype Formula does not.

The description of the nano program you had, seems to be the first one. Dunno why it's not showing modifiers properly.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

I just did this daily and noticed the Run Speed decrease as well without any sign of it in the description.
    Though Demoder's link says it's ingame since 18.5, it's the first time I've had this in all the million times (small exaggeration here) I've done this daily. So is this a random thing which Nano we get in the NCU? Or was the Run Speed decrease always intended, but never worked and happens to be accidentally fixed with 18.7?
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    There are two nano programs by that name.
    Prototype Formula does indeed reduce runspeed.
    Prototype Formula does not.

The description of the nano program you had, seems to be the first one. Dunno why it's not showing modifiers properly.
    Considering the last change to it was 18.5.2, I doubt that it was changed in the last couple patches. Even all the way back to when it was first introduced it reduced run speed.

The second nano Demoder posted is the one casted by the person you give the analyzer to, to override the nano so it clears it from your NCU. If you notice, the original nano has "stacking order 1" but the second one has "Stacking order 3"... as we all know, higher stacking orders override lower ones.

heck, even auno has it that way: http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=283782
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

I agree with Baby ... this daily has never reduced my runspeed by 500 points pre - 18.7. Maybe it was supposed to, but it didn't actually do it until after 18.7.

Lately it seems there are a number of nano programs that NPC's or other programs cast on us that are working differently than they did before as well as sometimes working differently than their stated descriptions.

Emma

A question just came to mind, did you really notice a runspeed change back then?
    Since yalms always gave us max runspeed and pretty much everyone either got gsf and/or a yalm to do these quests.

Now that they fixed yalms to go with your runspeed, people are finally noticing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    Lately it seems there are a number of nano programs that NPC's or other programs cast on us that are working differently than they did before as well as sometimes working differently than their stated descriptions.
    "This formula is an experimental prototype, you are commisioned to test it's effect." You're testing something that's experimental, it can do whatever it wants to you... The statement is so vague, it can mean anything, so that minus runspeed is already stated. Heck, it could mean you take 1k dmg per second if some interpret it that way.
    Last edited by Legendfluf; May 18th, 2015 at 04:22:57.
    Characters:

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendfluf View Post
    A question just came to mind, did you really notice a runspeed change back then?
    Since yalms always gave us max runspeed and pretty much everyone either got gsf and/or a yalm to do these quests.

Now that they fixed yalms to go with your runspeed, people are finally noticing it.
    My resent experience is with no run buffs other than my jet-pack. I noticed that I was going Significantly slower than "usual" ... that is when I checked my skills to see the negative 500 runspeed effect. Significantly slower than my speed before zoning into the playfield in question for the daily.

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    My resent experience is with no run buffs other than my jet-pack. I noticed that I was going Significantly slower than "usual" ... that is when I checked my skills to see the negative 500 runspeed effect. Significantly slower than my speed before zoning into the playfield in question for the daily.

Emma
    Flying doesn't cap the runspeed to certain value anymore. As such that might have been effect you noticed. If there was previously a debuff while flying one couldn't have noticed it...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Yeah what Ekarona said, he/she explained it in simpler terms than I did.
    Characters:

There are all kinds of problems zoning while in a phasefront vehicle lately, it probably applies to the jetpacks as well. Basically you zone while using these and your run buff becomes a debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by haxi View Post
    There are all kinds of problems zoning while in a phasefront vehicle lately, it probably applies to the jetpacks as well. Basically you zone while using these and your run buff becomes a debuff.
    That was fixed in one of the previous two patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Flying doesn't cap the runspeed to certain value anymore. As such that might have been effect you noticed. If there was previously a debuff while flying one couldn't have noticed it...
    I think this is the case. I have a vague recollection that all the various flavors of this daily mission (There's one called Scientific Breakthrough that makes you go to 4 Holes, one in Belial Forest, and I think there's one in Mort too) all have the runspeed debuff on top of the DoT to make it hard. I remember doing all sorts of tricks to keep lowbies alive, including Fixer HoTs and getting Engineer beacon warped from the agency (before the HoT activates) right to the target because of the run speed debuff.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

The way Yalms/Jetpacks used to work could actually kept me from noticing on some toons. But I'm certain I did a couple by foot as well without being slower. But maybe I had GSF running, can't say, as I didn't expect it to be important to remember one day. ^.^
    Anyways, it seems to be working as intended, which was my main concern.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    That was fixed in one of the previous two patches.
    Is that in the patch notes somewhere? It is not fixed as of right now on my toons. Just zoned and went from ~1600 to ~1200 runspeed while in a phasefront.

Is that in the patch notes somewhere? It is not fixed as of right now on my toons. Just zoned and went from ~1600 to ~1200 runspeed while in a phasefront.
    Just double-checked: displayed RS stays the same whether I zone with 'Phasefront Wraith X2-45 - Black' or 'Sparrow Flight' active.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    Just double-checked: displayed RS stays the same whether I zone with 'Phasefront Wraith X2-45 - Black' or 'Sparrow Flight' active.
    So it doesn't apply to all characters then. Still broken.

Can you get the IP spending bug also? I can raise IP in nanoskills, hit save, and the number is always less than what I thought I was raising it to. Raise Time and Space to 1001, hit save, end up with 995 or whatever.

I doubt the two are related, but the original mention of the zoning run speed bug didn't effect everyone either.
    Last edited by haxi; May 19th, 2015 at 20:19:45.

So it doesn't apply to all characters then. Still broken.

Can you get the IP spending bug also? I can raise IP in nanoskills, hit save, and the number is always less than what I thought I was raising it to. Raise Time and Space to 1001, hit save, end up with 995 or whatever.

I doubt the two are related, but the original mention of the zoning run speed bug didn't effect everyone either.
    I definitely don't have that issue either.