Desert Nomad Boots

Aim of Libra
    Infused Ancient Defender
    Flurry of Blows
    X1-R4 Viral Force-Blades
    Kuma Tonfa - Left Hand
    Dreadloch Sniper's Friend
    Research Attunement Device - Combat Level Three

I mean really not optimal setup by any means. I just tried to hotswap anything on I can for Tara... and trying out this "trick" of +75 attunament device.

Place. Player (Damage/Damage per Minute/Hits/Crits/Crit%/highest hit)
    1. Sororia ( 251.442 / 520.200 / 61 / 26 / 42% / 6.583 )
    2. Tyfow ( 240.550 / 497.640 / 26 / 9 / 34% / 15.000 )
    3. Soldjo00 ( 219.624 / 454.380 / 25 / 5 / 20% / 15.000 )
    4. Terrorman ( 200.402 / 414.600 / 24 / 11 / 45% / 13.000 )
    5. Muli23 ( 180.372 / 373.140 / 24 / 15 / 62% / 8.811 )
    6. Proman ( 180.263 / 372.900 / 24 / 10 / 41% / 15.000 )
    7. Massdd ( 174.698 / 361.440 / 26 / 15 / 57% / 8.375 )

10. Brucegeez ( 171.040 / 24 / 15 / 62% ) ((( didnt even make top 7 damage was 350k per minute on Tara. Highest hit was 10500 something. 350k with Keeper, Kitty advy, Soldier, Crat and Trader in team. Crit proc never proced. So 75 MA hud was a mistake, should have stuck with +15 scope and maybe i'd make top 7.

So. Doh. 75 trick failed miserably. Granted my setup is sub optimal.

Next question. CC vs CM... the reason why I like MA is because i can solo up to 273 AI general in city. Can whop, can bang, can heal. Whilst doing 250kish damage. I fear CC would ruin my solo ability at gain of +60 AR for 4 parts. Is that worth it at all? 60 ar for 350*4 hp? Chest... CM, CC, DB chest? Why not DB chest for cost of 30MA I get +2 crit and 25 add damage. Isnt that better than 30 MA and 10 ADD damage? Feet, I like to keep sexy slippers on for 60 evades, For ultimate damage naturally that would be CC aswell. Given that I have CC handy I will test it out eventually, but would love your opinions on the matter. What do you guys run for general pvm build?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I used CM in arms/hands, DB chest and gannondorf hat (left overs from PVP days), and SoS.

I used to find that was a pretty nicely rounded setup. you get some HP from tonfa's too I think

I never got as much HP out of utils as I would have liked with no ACDC, but if you can swap your utils around you can get some pretty beefy HP with maxed BD and infantry chest (symb).

I used to tank aune in DB2 pretty reliably.

Aye, Well prettymuch I have given up on max damage. Because I feel even in allout max gear.... I wouldnt hold a candle to 4-5 better professions. Infact MA is one of the "lowest" dd professions when built for damage. Why bother then. I'll max those out rather.

That being said.. what is Role of MA 18.7+?

To me MA is a joyriding profession, supreme expert of all master of none. Can damage, can heal, can evade, can survive. Good HP, good evades. In close to optimum setup I have 17500 hp, 3400 evade+AAD base, perkable up to 4400 or even more.. 2900 attackrating, can get more at push of button to 3100, SA, FA, Brawl, Dimach, triple wielding, decent procs, decent crits... My trader can get 100% critrate easily... But MA atleast has decent fist attack to go with crit rate. I never run out of Nano..

MA then is my allrounder. Most rounded character I have to date. Suitable for any scenario anytime. It is not better at anything than any other profession... But it is a better jack of all trades than advy. So my questions have been answered.

How i'll play it? Most likely it will replace my main city farmer.. where Crat used to be king. Combination of high evades, medium heals and medium damage makes it ideal.

I wont use it in raids because... its no doc, and surtenly no crat or shade. It aint enfo or soldier... it aint even a DDer. MA then is ideal profession for someone who only wants to have one character. And I will play it on days when I wanna keep to myself and fist some skulls in.

I leave you all MA pro's with ...

1. Brucegeez ( 3.259.235 / 240.180 / 632 / 463 / 73% / 10.222 )
    2. lvl 288 General - Xoch'Khaz ( 366.906 / 27.000 / 208 / 1 / 0% / 5.918 )

Alien vs MA(n) 1 vs 1 heavily outside buffed long ass fight but with win in the end. Next time i'll try same with shade.
    Last edited by Cratertina; Jul 24th, 2015 at 09:52:52.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    MA then is my allrounder.

I wont use it in raids because...

Next time i'll try same with shade.

Pretty (sadly) sums it up, MA is the last prof you'd roll (with Adv), just to know how if feels, and 99,99% time you'll end up 150 locked where MA is epic. This is MA's niche, this is cruel.

But you're right, put some love in your MA whatever, it's a great prof suffering from a wrong image for so long. It's not very rewarding, it has some serious drawbacks, you'll often feel invisible to other people, and if you're not they won't treat you right. You will know what FC hate means. Well, just go kill some Inf boss and you'll feel ok.

Then, well, would you roll a MA as your only toon ? MA is boring as hell if you don't use all the tricks (and Zazen...), play with agg/def, swap items, most players just end frustrated if they can't just hit the win button. In raids you lack burst on adds and raw damage on boss if you're not in the perfect team, but all in all it's ok. NTs are faaaaarrrr above anyway. Solo content is quite nice, but is it your goal when you play a MMO, is it rewarding when most things you can solo have an ultra low % loot ?

As a sidenote, I got MoP (and the "will you clean the floor") ONE time in the last week's raids - that must be over 30 not counting Tara or towers - while there was always at least a MA in there and I was asking for it. Fun enough, I got it on my... DOC ! I teamed with agents twice and got ninja ESs twice... I'm usually MA trader and pistol engi. See what I mean ? I know things are being so easy you don't actually NEED to buff people, I know I'm almost the only one to buff people but... maybe if the few remaining 220s were not caricatural jerks...

PS : Soli female MA in Chosen... Dat a55 ! Main reason I'll log mine
    Last edited by appolonia; Jul 24th, 2015 at 15:06:17.
    220/70/30 OpiFix - Useless PVM Ex RK Queen
    220/80/30 TroxDoc - Alpha Brain @soon !
    220/80/30 SoliEngi - TSing everything
    220/70/30 SoliTrader - MA >>>> Shottie
    220/80/30 Crat - Why the hell do other profs still exist ?

And tons of alts !

When playing in raids, i often end top 3 damage dealers (but always outperformed by shades).

What i do is make a bright use of my dots by casting them on adds to maximize damage, good timing with flurry hotswap and MoTR, etc. I think the potential for MAs is there, it's just that i really have to push myself to do that kind of damage and when i play my crat i can do the same damage without that much efforts which is a problem.
    Its funny how traditional biologists seek mechanisms avidly, but still assert that biology cannot be treated like a machine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12