Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I demand fix on blue vs red ...TEAM thing

Quote Originally Posted by evillaur6 View Post
    i have an demand,is perfect normal request
    I'd read the above as: "I have a demand, I feel that it is perfectly normal to request things in this manner".
    This suggests a knowledge of the difference between the two words. Hence, he is not ignorant of the difference. It is his choice to use the word 'demand' and the intonation thereof - so why should we treat him as an imbecile with no knowledge of the English language purely on your say-so? I'd say he has demonstrated a decent grip on the language and intonation to be frank, and as such I have no intention to treat him as if he does not.

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    /snip *anti-elitism* /snip
    Apologies for having a good upbringing, and sorry my parents worked bloody to give me it when I was a kid. I'll be doing the same for my children - giving them the best chance in life I can - feel free to not do the same for yours due to some anti-elitist pretence or some such.
    Bainzyy - Level 220/30 Shade
    PvP-ing - RP-ing - PvMing

Quote Originally Posted by sultryvoltron View Post
    Holy ****... The guy doesn't speak English. Why don't you try offering an alternative word that he can use instead of demand? It would be much more beneficial than to simply tell him that he's rude for using what is likely the only word he knows to express that kind of idea in English.
    To me, he seems to write a okayish fine english. How am I suposed to know he doesnt ever speak english when he seems to write it just fine? Sincerely? He sounds like a bitter troll that we find everywhere in forum. If he was really knowledgeless about the meaning of the world "demand" he would already apologize and ask for the right word. It is what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    ^^ agree with the above two comments.

Not to mention the poor guy has tried ending the thread numerous times. Thats the problem with elitists, they blindly think everyone else was born with the same silver spoon, probably provided by the same mum and dad in the same priviledged life... wouldnt suprise me too much if they just thought everybody else was just really a stupified extension of themselves. They try pass off like they are trying to help him, even trying to educate him but in reality they all just trying to get their own little digs in so they can laugh to each other in private tells. ("psst ... look what i just said titter titter titter!")

I think the guy gets the point... just leave it be, all your doing is cycling through the same sentiments.
    And here comes the personal attack. I would never know that not eating lunch and dinner to get enough money to go to school and enough sleep to not colapse while doing a 'part-time' job and studing is something that happens to a elitist born in a golden cradle kid. But go on, keep gossiping and guessing about other people lives. Seems you love to do it and derogate then cause "they obviously were born with a silver spoon".
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

JC ...Lainbrcould you stop please so we can put this thread to end?Or you just love to post words on & on ?I don't get it,it blows my minde now oO.

Ok Evilaur6 I'm sorry, I know you want this discussion to end but once I've responded to the posts directed at me personally I am done. Your post can die a nice peaceful death as far as I am concerned.

First of all Definition time...
    ELITISM (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elitism)
    Elitism is the belief or attitude that some individuals who form an elite—a select group of people with a certain ancestry, intrinsic quality or worth, high intellect, wealth, specialized training or experience, or other distinctive attributes—are those whose influence or authority is greater than that of others; whose views on a matter are to be taken more seriously or carry more weight; whose views or actions are more likely to be constructive to society as a whole; or whose extraordinary skills, abilities, or wisdom render them especially fit to govern.

The part that I feel bares relevance to this thread and quite often many players in this game is “ the belief or attitude... a select group of people with... intrinsic quality or worth, high intellect... specialized training or experience, or other distinctive attributes... are those whose influence or authority is greater than that of others”

To deem your self or your view of any particular aspect of anything a person says or does as being more relevant, more important or more acceptable than anything anybody else does or says is a form of elitism in one form or another. It isn’t just down to being born into wealth and certainly not down to having parents that work hard to provide for their kids. For the record the hardest workers are generally the people that get screwed over and left with minimal reward in favour of others who reap the rewards. There are millions of very hard working families that don’t get to be able to care for their kids in the same way as others... not because they are lazy, not because they don’t deserve it and certainly not because they ain’t capable but simply because opportunity didn’t present its self in the same way or frequency as it did for others but this by no means, means that they didint do their best considering the cards fate dealt them (No I am not stating fate exists but merely using it as a figure of speech). Quite often people who get rewarded for the fruits of their labours the most, put it down to the unrewarded as being lazy but that is just quite simply a selfish, self centred view and by no means any form of proof of their beliefs. For example somebody might farm for a week in game to get an item and somebody else might moan that they couldnt get the item. The person that got the item could think “Well I worked hard for the item” but quite often this could be ignoring the fact that somebody else might of farmed for 3 months for the item and just got unlucky. (Just an example). The person with the item could quite easily put it down to laziness in their ignorance but by their own formula, they would be the lazy ones for having done less work for higher reward.

OK back to the posts that were personally directed at me.

Bainzy
    I wasn’t aiming the majority of my post at you. You responded to a thread, the thread creator replied and you responded to the reply. While I might not agree to your apparent persecution of somebody who’s grasp of the language isn’t quite as refined as yours, or at the choosing of words chosen, I agree with your sentiment in the sense that demanding things is generally not a good way to go. The matter was raised multiple times within the thread however and felt it didn’t need to be said again any more times than once. As Darkerthanblack said... all requests are demands. They just dont get explicitly demanded.

I wasn’t aiming my post at semisentient either as he/she threw out what feel to be jokes. Given the number of other jokes he/she seems to have thrown out lately (The other day he was pretty much on fire) I guess cemented my belief that they were jokes. Awikun offered his opinion on an alternative way of playing inside BS so it wasn’t aimed at him either.

The only part of my post I aimed at the above named is the agreement of the two posters above my quoted post.

Dont ever apologise for having parents that have been able to provide for you, nor for planning to provide for your children in the same manner to the best of your ability. More apologise for deeming your position from your seat of privilege as a high horse to judge others like you don’t have your faults or they don’t have their skills. We are all equal regardless of which society deems which skills to be more worthy or less than others.

Lainbr
    OK as it seemed to hit a nerve with you I'm going to first say that my comment was aimed at another person in this thread who I'm not going to even mention the name of. I didn’t want to hurt his feelings too much so rounded the comment off as a general comment as opposed to making it a direct attack but given the way he was in another discussion in another thread I no longer care. I have found over my time in the game that he has been major elitist and considers himself far better or more important that others for reasons I have never been known to fathom.

“Not to mention the poor guy has tried ending the thread numerous times.”

That being said... what did your comment bring that hadn’t already been said? What was the point of your post if it wasn’t to just simply demean somebody else’s legitimate concern? (It is rhetorical, I don’t particularly want to discuss this but more explain my post to you as it seemed to both upset you and at the time of writing I never really considered it would).

“Thats the problem with elitists, they blindly think everyone else was born with the same silver spoon, probably provided by the same mum and dad in the same priviledged life... wouldnt suprise me too much if they just thought everybody else was just really a stupified extension of themselves.”

I don’t know the position of wealth or fortune or upbringing of the majority of the player base. No body does. The whole silver spoon was an example. Think of it as a metaphor for people who cant see past the end of their nose when it comes to making judgement calls on others ignoring any differences which might exist. (Again, this section wasn’t aimed at you.) I used the silver spoon example because obviously I don’t have a clue what position random people are inon the forums and figured (Or maybe hoped) the extravagance of the comment would show it wasn’t supposed to be taken in a literal sense.

“They try pass off like they are trying to help him, even trying to educate him but in reality they all just trying to get their own little digs in so they can laugh to each other in private tells. ("psst ... look what i just said titter titter titter!")”

Again, not aimed at you.

“I think the guy gets the point... just leave it be, all your doing is cycling through the same sentiments. “
    Pretty self explanatory I hope.

I dont like teaming in BS either, but i do support you. It's a bug and must be fixed as it is destroying the fun of some people paying for this game.

On a side note i dont think you were rude, this coming from a person with english as my 2nd language too.

/rox out
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12