Thread: Froobs and improved nanos

Froobs and improved nanos

Ok, so I know froobs can't post here so this issue probably wouldn't get mainstream attention if someone doesn't bring it up so....Why do my froob characters now have all these nanos uploaded that I can't use!? I paid good money for these nanos, ICRT, ISC, fixer damage, etc. All these nanos that were not only nerfed in some cases, but now 100% unusable because they require shadowlands. Seriously?! Is there a reason for this or please tell me this is a mistake.

Agreed a very Pointless & Bad Change .

-Either you farmed them yourself so Funcom had its Fill directly by your Subscription and you handed it down to your Froob.
    or
    -Pure Froobs need to provided valuable Services like Blitzing to lazy Paid Players which keept the People happy and more likely to stick around , indirect Profit for Funcom.

If Funcom thinks anyone in thier right Mind upgrades a Acount just to use those Nanos again they are terrible wrong .
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Funcom employee

With 18.7.2, I did make "Semi-Sentient Augmentation Cloud" froob friendly, but I didn't have time to go through all of these affected nanos.

I'll try to hit more/all of them with the 18.7.3 patch, still scheduled to arrive at the previously established time of 18.7.2.

If you have the time or desire to do so, please feel free to list all the affected nanos, so I don't miss any. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

I would like to know if smoke bomb and other weird chrystal nanos can still be found in SL dungeons, or gotten from repaired chrystal as is the procedure nowdays. Before i park toons in dungeons
    Thanks.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Soothing Calm ( aka Improved Soothing Calm pre 18.7 )

Improved Red Tape

Hearty Constitution ( aka Improved Hearty Constitution pre 18.7 )

Continuous Reconstruction ( aka Improved Continuous Reconstruction pre 18.7 )

Improved Nano Repulsor

---------------------

Michizure if you can spare a Moment for the sake of Froobdocs :

Emergency Medical Response / Recuperative Respite / Lifegiving Elixir << Those Doc-heal Nanos after rework got even Numbers on BM/MM Requirements , very unlike all Heals before , i believe the uneven Req´s of the old Heals took into Account that you can only Implant uneven Numbers of BM/MM since the Shiny Custer in Head clashes AND the Bright Clusters in Chest clash too .
    Not only provides a Problem when trying to Selfbuffed cast them at TL5 , but for newcoming Docs that depend on Mochams too .

Was that a intentional Change on the reworked Nanos or just a Slip of Mind ?
    Last edited by Dollcet; May 7th, 2015 at 18:43:16. Reason: talked Bull**** , sorry
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Improved Semi-Sentient Augmentation Cloud (Currently: Semi-Sentient Augmentation Cloud)
    Improved Neural Interfaced Augmentation Cloud (Currently: Neural Interfaced Augmentation Cloud)
    Improved Augmentation Cloud (Currently: Augmentation Cloud)

because some of our fixers used the other ones, as they used to be level locked targets
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    With 18.7.2, I did make "Semi-Sentient Augmentation Cloud" froob friendly, but I didn't have time to go through all of these affected nanos.

I'll try to hit more/all of them with the 18.7.3 patch, still scheduled to arrive at the previously established time of 18.7.2.

If you have the time or desire to do so, please feel free to list all the affected nanos, so I don't miss any. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Is the idea really being entertained that froobs are going to be able to use improved nanos, when people like me with PAID accounts had Improved Red Tape taken away? Seriously?

My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude.

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat
    ... and a bevy of underequipped 220's

Account Created 16 July 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
    Is the idea really being entertained that froobs are going to be able to use improved nanos, when people like me with PAID accounts had Improved Red Tape taken away? Seriously?
    Froobs can be just as much as a paying customer as you via the item shop. Making a few nanos that were once usable by froobs usable by them again isnt the same as having a nano taken away due to balancing. It appears to be something that was overlooked and is being reverted back to the way it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    Froobs can be just as much as a paying customer as you via the item shop. Making a few nanos that were once usable by froobs usable by them again isnt the same as having a nano taken away due to balancing. It appears to be something that was overlooked and is being reverted back to the way it was.
    Some people had IRT taken, some did not and still have it merely due to when it was acquired. Hardly balancing. And froobs just as much as a paying customer as me? Laughable. I'll put what I've paid over all these years on multiple accounts against any froob.

My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude.

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat
    ... and a bevy of underequipped 220's

Account Created 16 July 2001

Some people had IRT taken, some did not and still have it merely due to when it was acquired. Hardly balancing.
    Then thats its own issue that should hopefully be dealt with. It doesn't change the fact of the matter that improved nanos were usable by froobs and the changes appear to be something that was overlooked and is being fixed as should the issue of some improved nanos disappearing if it was unintentional.

And froobs just as much as a paying customer as me? Laughable. I'll put what I've paid over all these years on multiple accounts against any froob.
    Fortunately not everyone has that same mindset. A paying customer is a paying customer, whether it be from subscribing over the years or only buying FC points once. Don't forget that many players were once froobs who have gone on to become subscribers. Not to mention there are plenty of subscribers who have froob accounts as bank mules, buffers, and just other toons to play, which can also use improved nanos.

I have 3 paid accounts and many froobs. The money and time I spent getting those nanos for my froobs should be for nothing because I don't see the need to pay for a fourth account? Thats insane. I just want them to have the same access as before.

Well, as an indie app developer ans professional salesman... All people are paying to someone, how well you treat them is directly proportional to how much of their paying goes to you.

Taking something away from only froobs is not really good for future revenue.

When were nanos deleted froom froobs?

That being said, froob experience should be augmented, 18.7 changed many things quite abruptly, so personally didnt even check froobs yet.

Some wierd nanos were OP, and rightfully changed, kinda like troaler, which froobs didnt have nerfed.

What froob wierd nanos were removed?

Some changes like
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    When were nanos deleted froom froobs?
    They weren't deleted, they received a Shadowlands requirement to cast.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Here is the list you requested of weird looking nano crystals which were wrongly given an SL requirement.

Please remember you also need to remove the SL tag from the nano crystal not just the nano formula.

Some crystals and/or formulas were also renamed and need fixing. The crystals are supposed to be named Weird Looking Nano Crystal (XYZ) and the formula you get from it should be "Improved XYZ"

Fixer/Agent/Soldier:

- Weird Looking Nano Crystal (Hasty Augmentation Cloud) SL tag
    - Hasty Augmentation Cloud SL tag, wrong name : missing "Improved", you may want to check the damage values which arent "improved" at all, I'd suggest +15

- Weird Looking Nano Crystal (Augmentation Cloud) SL tag
    - Augmentation Cloud SL tag, wrong name : missing "Improved", wrong duration (50 mins)

- Weird Looking Nano Crystal (Neural Interfaced Augmentation Cloud) SL tag
    - Neural Interfaced Augmentation Cloud SL tag, wrong name : missing "Improved"

- Weird Looking Nano Crystal (Semi-Sentient Augmentation Cloud) SL tag
    - Semi-Sentient Augmentation Cloud wrong name : missing "Improved"

Doctor :

The heal delta buffs were changed completely and do not follow the logic of the weird looking crystals anymore.

- Weird Looking Nano Crystal (Hearty Constitution) SL tag
    - Hearty Constitution SL tag

- Weird Looking Nano Crystal (Continuous Reconstruction) SL tag
    - Continuous Reconstruction SL tag

- Weird Looking Nano Crystal (Improved Nano Repulsor) SL tag, wrong name: remove "Improved"
    - Improved Nano Repulsor SL tag

- Improved Instinctive Control was hi-jacked and the requirements are out of reach for froobs but the normal nano formula was greatly improved, so I guess it's fine even though it broke the logic of the weird looking crystals.

Bureaucrat

The nano delta buffs were changed completely and do not follow the logic of the weird looking crystals anymore.

- Weird Looking Nano Crystal (Bot Reproduction) SL tag
    - Bot Reproduction SL tag

- Weird Looking Nano Crystal (Soothing Calm) SL tag
    - Soothing Calm SL tag

- Weird Looking Nano Crystal (Improved Red Tape) SL tag, wrong name: remove "Improved"
    - Improved Red Tape SL tag

- Weird Looking Nano Crystal (Improved Cut Red Tape) SL tag, wrong name: remove "Improved"
    - Improved Cut Red Tape SL tag

I had the Improved Semi-Sentient Augmentation Cloud loaded on my fixer (froob) before 18.7.0 and it disappeared after the patch (presumably because it picked up the SL tag) and when it became froobable again, it was still gone from my fixer. I petitioned about it, but was told that since GMs have no way of knowing if I was being truthful or not they couldn't give me the nano back.

I guess I'm in the market for another one now. Can these now be purchased in a sanctuary or garden somewhere or do they require farming? And if they can be purchased, what's the price?

Edit: Oh, never mind. Greedy Shade. I don't have the 500ish million credits lying around to buy the nano.
    Last edited by Lliers; Jun 15th, 2015 at 04:12:30.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Yup, same thing happened to my froob fixer too. Had these expensive nanos uploaded and cast on people for years. Then they got taken away. Now after several patches of screwing around, I'm expected to rebuy them.

Not impressed.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Interesting, it didn't happen on my fixer. Just had the sl tag and couldn't ever cast it until they just fixed em all
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Well some of them got deleted, others remained but just picked up the SL tag. They were ostensibly consolidating the improved nanos.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

I kept saying they should of been quest nanos or easier to obtain. Certain people on here defended and lobbied it to the death that they should remain a cash cow for them and the devs went that way...

Go read those posts so you know who to guillotine.