Thread: Semi-Sentient Augmentation Cloud changes...

Semi-Sentient Augmentation Cloud changes...

Semi-Sentient Augmentation Cloud
    Nano Cost: 384 (458)NCU cost: 40
    School: Space
    Stacking Order: 40
    Nanoline: Damage Buffs - Line A
    Duration: 04:00:00

Since its useable for Agents and Solds now, make it please stuck with Sold Dmg Buffs, thought its possible since they're listed in 2 Different Lines, but i'm wrong. Dont know how it's with Agent Dmg Lines, needs to be tested. Make is stuck it or the changes on this Nano are useless.
    220/30/70 Atrox Soldier ..::.. Experienced Hunter Shoorty Fearme Movie 1 2 3
    220/30/70 Nanomage Agent ..::.. Neophyte Prince Fedez
    150/20/42 Atrox Enforcer ..::.. Rookie Duel Pheddex Please

- SEMPER FIDELIS -

I'd like to ask again why soldiers and agents need access to fixer buffs when they have their own add dmg buffs that are in some cases vastly superior to what fixers have.

I'm not trying to troll with this, I just really don't understand the reasoning. Soldiers and fixers are already similar in a lot of ways, if anything we should be trying to make them more different. And if agents were deemed to need a damage increase, wouldn't it be easier to revamp their damage buffing lines?
    Last edited by Kain97; May 6th, 2015 at 05:14:32.
    Kain97 - 220 Fixer, President, Pantheon
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

Totally understand why NTs NS buff was shared, making twinking more accessible to new players by having the buffs easier to hunt down is a great thing... But sharing a class specific dmg buff?
    Defrag 220 Crat
    Chuckle 220 Doctor
    Nates 220 Shade
    Magnite 219 Enf
    Chipbutty 212 Fixer

This change is only for SL Agents and Soldiers? The Weird-Looking nano-crystal is not froobable, but the original rollable nano-crystal can only be used by fixers.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kain97 View Post
    I'd like to ask again why soldiers and agents need access to fixer buffs when they have their own add dmg buffs that are in some cases vastly superior to what fixers have.

I'm not trying to troll with this, I just really don't understand the reasoning. Soldiers and fixers are already similar in a lot of ways, if anything we should be trying to make them more different. And if agents were deemed to need a damage increase, wouldn't it be easier to revamp their damage buffing lines?
    Sols need something, we should OD fixers, and not by a hair as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nermal View Post
    Sols need something, we should OD fixers, and not by a hair as it is now.
    But you would think it's easier to tweak the numbers on the dmg aura, or the AR dmg spread, rather than being handed another prof's buffs.

I've heard a lot of solds want assault rifles to be more desirable... tweaking the numbers on AR's seems to fix both of those problems, while differentiating between fixers and solds at the same time. Seems like a win-win-win to me.
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Lliers View Post
    This change is only for SL Agents and Soldiers? The Weird-Looking nano-crystal is not froobable, but the original rollable nano-crystal can only be used by fixers.
    The weird looking nano crystals are supposed to be froob-friendly and should be fixed in a future patch. (see Michizure's answer)

At the moment, "Improved" Semi-Sentient Augmentation Cloud can be used by froobs but not Weird Looking Nano Crystal (Semi-Sentient Augmentation Cloud).

Quote Originally Posted by Kain97 View Post
    I've heard a lot of solds want assault rifles to be more desirable... tweaking the numbers on AR's seems to fix both of those problems, while differentiating between fixers and solds at the same time. Seems like a win-win-win to me.
    • Fixing assault rifle to be anywhere near dual smgs in pvm would entail bunches more than aura change... dual wield adding .33 more attacks, more chances to crit, specials while reloading.
    • AR or the relevant DD producing part in pvm in MBS, could add over 9000 AR, wouldn't change pvm at all.

Fixing assault rifle to be anywhere near dual smgs in pvm would entail bunches more than aura change... dual wield adding .33 more attacks, more chances to crit, specials while reloading.[
    And 40 more add dmg from the fixer buff is going to be such an amazing change?

I still am not seeing a whole lot of logic in just giving you another prof's nanos - one that has never even stacked with the pre-existing soldier buffs, instead of actually spending a bit of time to make weapons that basically only soldiers use (aka assault rifles) worthwhile for soldiers... cause if soldiers ain't usin assault rifles, who is?
    Meanwhile, from a fixer viewpoint, we're getting our buffs poached by a prof that already wants to use our weapons. And because soldiers can/will use smgs, FC has in the past handwaved giving fixers guns that are sorta crap (ofab hawk being one) because FC considers them too strong if used by soldiers.
    But! Tweaking assault rifles could a) increase sold dmg overall; b) create some separation between solds and fixers, which a lot of fixers would like; and c) fufill the wishes of soldiers themselves by making assault rifles more viable. Instead of the bandaid of forking over another profs buffs.

AR or the relevant DD producing part in pvm in MBS, could add over 9000 AR, wouldn't change pvm at all.[
    Yep, I meant tweaking the assault rifle numbers when I wrote that. I'm a lazy typist, sue me. ;p
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

40 more DD is 120 on burst, 40 each fling shot, perk action, be a lil bump for sure, ofc it doesn't stack with sol DD auras, so kinda moot...

40 more DD is 120 on burst, 40 each fling shot, perk action, be a lil bump for sure, ofc it doesn't stack with sol DD auras, so kinda moot...
    Okay, but my point is that if prof X (be it soldier, fixer or whatever else) has an issue, FC should be fixing it within the framework of that prof's already established toolset instead of taking from other professions established toolset.

You could give the same bump in add dmg via the pre-existing soldier damage auras, then you wouldn't have to muck about with stacking orders, potentialy upping the droprate if that proved to be an issue down the road, or anything else.

After LE, fixers needed FA support.... I remember what the forums were like back then, and can bet soldiers would have been complaining if FC had just made Clip Junkie available to fixers. Instead, we got perk changes and FA added to a couple of our weapon buffs.
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

They sell fixer nanos in the items shop! ^^

We don't have 'FC' anymore, we have one guy diddling items with existing tools.

They sell fixer nanos in the items shop! ^^
    Yeah, which is why I'm askin why fixer stuff got given to others yet again. Ncu buffs have become less and less needed, instant grid nano cans are in the shop, when fixers were scarce after the release of LE, FC even made up the little fgrid in a can item! And now once again our buffs get poached.... when it could very well have been easier to just tinker with the already existing soldier and agent add dmg buffs, which is my whole point.
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor