Thread: Mutagenic Venom

Lightbulb Mutagenic Venom

So Mutagenic Venom (QL 100 Doctor Line C dot) used to require the following:

Level from 100
    MC 633
    BM 688
    Spec 1

https://aoitems.com/item/223261/patch:15.5.5/

It appears to have been updated in 18.7:

Level from 101
    MC 634
    BM 689
    Spec 2

https://aoitems.com/item/223261/

This is what the actual nano crystal (just purchased today) shows. If you shift+left click and scroll down you can see the discrepancy in the skills within the same window.

Nano Crystal (Mutagenic Venom)
    Rarity: Unknown
    Quality level: 100
    Requirements:
    Use:

On Self:
    First Specialization Completed. and
    Must have expansionset: Shadowlands and
    Level from 100 and
    Doctor and
    Matter Crea from 633 and
    Bio Metamor from 688

Modifier:
    On User:
    Upload nanoprogram Mutagenic Venom

Charges: 1 (Splitable)
    Description:
    Nano Crystal - The target continuously suffers 230 points of poison-based damage for the duration of the formula.

Item contains a formula:
    Mutagenic Venom
    Nano Cost: 191 (383)NCU cost: 25
    School: Combat
    Stacking Order: 25
    Nanoline: DOT Strain C
    Duration: 00:00:30
    Range: 25m
    Damage: 230-230
    Speed:
    Attack 4.50s
    Recharge 1.60s
    Attack skills: Matter Crea 47% Bio Metamor 53%
    Defence skills: Nano Resist 100%
    Modifier:
    On Target:
    Damage 230, 10 hits, 3.0s delay

Requirements:
    Use:

On Self:
    First Specialization Completed. and
    Must have expansionset: Shadowlands and
    Level from 101 and
    Doctor and
    Matter Crea from 634 and
    Bio Metamor from 689

Description:
    The target continuously suffers 230 points of poison-based damage for the duration of the formula.

I don't mind having to do Spec 2 for the nano but can we at least get the text updated so its not so confusing? It took me a bit to figure out after digging through the item DBs.

Wait the level req to use it was nudged up one as well? Wow. Level 100 docs really got jacked so very hard this patch it's not even funny. Glad mine had levelled a bit before 18.7 - and even then he got nerfed into oblivion until I'd levelled up some more just so he could get his heal throughput back to comparable values before the patch. It's fine to demand Spec 2 for a nano locked to Level 100, given you get Spec 2 in Elysium, but nudging it up one level to put it out of range of the 100 crowd is just sadistic.

It's really quite amazing how a level 100 had their CH slapped with a HUGE CD, massively upped reqs on the last 3 heal so instead of being able to cast old LE they have to go right back to Deep Tissue Repair and now they can't cast their 3rd DoT either, all added on top of a capped cast time init debuff. Either someone didn't give a flying monkey about low level docs and never thought about the consequences these changes would have, or they held a particular and special hatred for them and these nerfs were deliberately aimed.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Meh, why is it >=lvl101 now? Huge nerf to lvl100 doc twinks as that DoT actually was quite useful and those 76dps actually matter at that lvl.

Also, about the heals... I'm actually not that unhappy as to how things are with the top 3 heals. Deep Tissue Repair should recieve a bit of a boost, too, to bridge the gap to Emergency Medical Response. Keep the nano reqs near where they are now, tho, and we should be good.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

I have a feeling it isnt intented and a weird parse bug happened. We need a dev answer to know for sure
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.