Thread: New starting area armour

New starting area armour

Have really enjoyed the new starting area so far, tried 4 new chars. Thanks for the refresh.

A question about the newcomer's armour (and sided) - what level does it top at?
    The reason I ask, is that it may negate Nodda Greg and Living Cyber armour missions.
    Perhaps they could be rewritten to give other wearable items instead?

Levels to 220. No more medsuits in inf missions! Rejoice!

Is it really worth wearing for that long? Do the ACs scale that well?
    Formerly Dragonwell, 217/13/14 General of Famous Last Words

Not really much AC if you just go for the full Set , i wouldnt wear it past Elysium if you expect getting Aggro.
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Quote Originally Posted by Dollcet View Post
    Not really much AC if you just go for the full Set , i wouldnt wear it past Elysium if you expect getting Aggro.
    It does have more AC's than a medsuit though lol
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Another question, does Living Cyber Armour still max at level 50?

Better question is when will ac's have value.

AC's are awesome. Always have been.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Quote Originally Posted by robjl View Post
    Another question, does Living Cyber Armour still max at level 50?
    It goes up to 200. And the overall mods are fantastic for Tanky profs, both paid and froob in terms of cost effectiveness.

QL200 Living Cyber Armour set:

Cold AC: 2185
    Fire AC: 2185
    Melee/ma AC: 3500
    Imp/Proj AC: 3500
    Chemical AC: 700
    Disease AC: 700
    Energy AC: 3059
    Radiation AC: 700
    Max Health: 1360 (!)
    Max Nano: 1360 (!)

While the ACs have some pretty significant holes, it covers most of the usual damage. But those HP/Nano mods. Unf. For an armour that levels with you, costs literally nothing and is available to froobs. It's become fairly fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkulease View Post
    AC's are awesome. Always have been.
    Also this. Anyone who thinks ACs don't do anything is severely misinformed.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Isn't it just "Newcomer Armour", what is this Living Cyber Armour you note?
    Defrag 220 Crat
    Chuckle 220 Doctor
    Nates 220 Shade
    Magnite 219 Enf
    Chipbutty 212 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by nat3s View Post
    Isn't it just "Newcomer Armour", what is this Living Cyber Armour you note?
    The Living Cyber Armour used to drop in the Subway , but i heard Org-Mates Complain about not getting any drops after 18.7 .
    Not sure if it was just bad luck or if the Drop has stopped / is being patched ... ??
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

The Living Cyber Armour used to drop in the Subway , but i heard Org-Mates Complain about not getting any drops after 18.7 .
    Not sure if it was just bad luck or if the Drop has stopped / is being patched ... ??
    I've been through the subway a few times, I don't know what happened to your org-mates but it seems to me fairly easy to get a full set of Living armor.

I got a full set in under an hour.

Plus you can also do the Good Time Party Mixer quests for pieces.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

How do us > lv 25 get a set now ^_=....wtb living cyber to be "yes drop" in next patch
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Has anyone gotten the auto-leveling to work on Newcomer's? Leveling a new keeper and I had to manually level all of my pieces, I thought it was supposed to level with you without taking it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Has anyone gotten the auto-leveling to work on Newcomer's? Leveling a new keeper and I had to manually level all of my pieces, I thought it was supposed to level with you without taking it off.
    I think only Living Armor has this feature :/
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    I think only Living Armor has this feature :/
    Correct. Newcomers Armour you have to manually upgrade with a clicky.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

That sucks. And it doesn't level all the way in one click, it still uses the way out of date system where 1 click = 1 level. That's awful, come on Michi.