Thread: static quests

static quests

Anyone read the static quest info on the client page when logging in...

I don't know what they're talking about. Only that static missions are not able to be completed at this time?

Can anyone translate?

Can't translate sorry.
    Anyone know where these 2 npc's actually are?
    or anyone who has been lucky enough to get then to give out a static mission? Any info on what was said to them to give it and what it involved?

I won't give you exact details cause... the mission sucks and boring "exploring" is more fun than camping for them.

Alvin is in lush fields.
    Dogda is in Aegean.

Make sure you have the "item" they need (kill non "handyman" style robots for parts) and find 8 unique/nodrop "wierd" items. Combine em then take the "creation" to one of these people.

What pisses me off is how the missions are the MOST static i've ever seen.

Not only can't you complete them, you can't even know when the will be "complete".

Funcom has control over when the reward will come, so it's no different than that trashy "special reward backpack" that we got screwed with a month ago.

Whoop de do.

Oh and just a reminder. You will have to camp for them. After someone gives them the item they want, they dissapear from 1 to 2 hours.

Funcom wants this mission to take as long as possible! Length sure makes it more fun! Why not make him spawn once every week? that will make it MUCH MORE FUN!

I don't mind doing this mission for the hell of it, but am I just unlucky or what?!

I keep finding the first 7 pieces but no 8th piece!!

i've made several of them now all missing the last piece..

Question What to say to them?

All right I found both of them. Now what?
    I asked if they had a mission for me and they act like they don't know what I'm talking about. Is there a key word or phrase I should tell them? Just a little help here.

Thanks

FC made up the statement that they give you a mission icon.

IF they do... you do'nt even need it.

Get 8 pieces (yes there's eight. the eighth is usually the hardest :P)

Then combine them (hint, the notum flake is the first to get combined, last is the green plastic thingy)

To turn the item in, right click it ON the NPC.

I have yet to turn one in (I made a bunch) to Dodga, but to Alvin he gives me a card that is useless at the moment. Since Alvin's item is "Alvin's Card" Im assuming Dogda's is "Dogda's card". That also makes me wonder if they might give different rewards once Funcom decides to finish this lazy mission.

Oh, and I've heard the keyword is VERY random if you wanna talk to them about the mission before doing it (not needed, and itll waste a spawn of them... making someone else wait 2hrs!)

Keyword: "I will kill robots". I haven't tried itbut that was what I was told.

What's funny is that Alvin never mentions robots or killing. So how did anyone figure this out in the first place?

"I will kill robots" doesnt work for me ;o
    but i gave him the finished product and got his card anyways

Hell bend on spoilers ?

00:55: Aberration: tell me about your work
    00:55: Alvin Odeleder: Appearances are not everything, one moment.
    00:55: Alvin Odeleder: Alvin pokes your belly with some strange sounding instrument...
    00:55: Alvin Odeleder: bzzz..click..click..bzzz...
    00:55: Alvin Odeleder: hmm you seem to check out all right. 82,7% biological material, that's good enough for me.
    00:55: Alvin Odeleder: So! What can I do you for?

01:00: Aberration: tell me about biological material
    01:00: Alvin Odeleder: Yes well, you can not be too careful. Strange things are about and a man must keep his eyes open for anything out of the ordinary these days

01:01: Aberration: tell me about strange things
    01:01: Alvin Odeleder: Yes, quite out of the ordinary, extraordinary even if you ask me. There are rumours about machines, robots if you like, that seem to challenge our idea of them being but a simple concoction of bolts and nuts. One must stay vigilant!

01:01: Aberration: vigilant
    01:01: Alvin Odeleder: Ah! But what will you be looking for my friend? Charging in the dark are we? Well, who can blame you; I have felt like I have done little else myself for the last weeks. But you look like you are full of enterprise, who knows if you have better luck that me. So you are ready for some robot hunting are you? Serve the good and all that?

much later: I will hunt robots.

<mission token awarded>

I made a 'guide' to the Dodga quest. Check it out on the World of Rubi-Ka board, and please add any additions.

If you want to comlete the mission by yourself, then refrain from reading it.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Umm.. this 'mission' is actually only the preparation and warm-up for the real following line of work..
    Yet I haven't got many details at the time to share with you.. =\

All I can say is that it most likely involves a few rude robots wandering about...
    Pilker, OmniTek Fixer and Happy Traveller.

Root and Run - It's a way of life.

Hey cool, even better!

Now I can get a useless item to take to TIM, Marvin or Trash King!

Then, after I do that I can camp them for a few hours and get another useless item because it turns out the secon part is followed by a third part!

Then, three weeks later TIM will come to me and say "hello. I am TIM. Here is your reward you must take to Norman G Wilkins if you want to claim [Miir Green Plastic Shirt]"

Then, we will all wander around for weeks wondering "where the eff is Norman G Wilkins?"

Then Funcom will say "Norman G wilkins is on vacation right now. Check back in fall of 2002 to see what he might have in store for you! Enjoy camping Alvin and Dodga again!"

Then, we find out Norman G Wilkins is only accessable via the rumored expansion pack. Then Funcom will say "Expansion pack? Oh, we were lying. It really does exist. Go find Norman after you buy it for $19.99!"

Then, we will camp his spawn for 8 hours only for some level 198 punk to drop in and fry his ass with one nuke and say "u r teh sux doodz" and make us all cry.

Ah... MMORPGs. Aren't they great?

No?

Okay, good. I thought I was the only one.

This one time, at band camp, I had to camp this farmer for 4 hours trying to get to the bunny master title quest while 20 other people were trying to get to him before I did. Then he appeared and I won.

Is it just me or are CaptFallOut's never ending whines begining to become outrageously irritating? I find the static mission something positive. At least they are trying. I think that even if they made Capt the President of OmniTek (god save us all, i would turn clan), and let him have full control of the story, he would still find something to complain about. Can you please do us all a favor and quit now?
    Frelo - Level 29 Fixer (and loving every minute of it)

Anahata - Level 110 Solitus Trader
    Khephra - Level 6 Solitus Engineer
    Zaum - Level 8 Nanomage MP
    Merkaba715 - Level 50 Nanomage NT (Sleeping till NT's are fixed)
    Dimholt - Level 10 Atrox Enforcer
    Omni
    Rubi-Ka 1

'The only ones that see the end of war are the dead' - Plato

Merkaba715 the standard procedure is to just ignore the good Capt. Secretly he loves this game it just that he has fears of rejection.

Ignore? Maybe, but how come everyone ends up admitting that I am always ahead of the "Game" because I can interpret current situations a lot quicker than anyone else.

Who told Div9 they were idiots for working with Opposing Force?

Who knew the storyline was going to be(come) stagnant?

Hey, ignoring me is just delaying the inevitable. Of course, if you're a newbie to the game or just stick your head in a mound of sand like an ostrich then you're better off not listening to me.

Let the initial "fun" wear off on it's own, otherwise you'll just end up hating the reality of the game.

You guys have been bred too much on Sesame Street. So what if Funcom is trying? They aren't trying enough!

Boo fricking hoo.

"Who knew the storyline was going to be(come) stagnant?"

Eh, do you want me to list every single player that shouted that the story isn't going to lead us somewhere? I mean, it stagnated the day the game launched.

And at this point: I don't consider 'promises' as anything. I read the patch notes, and try things out. Until I actually experiences them, they don't mean anything to me.

If you don't like the storyline, I suggest you go play a MUD or MUSH. This isn't a RPG. Never been, and probably never will be. It's a game. Take it for what it is.
    Last edited by WGMelchior; Jan 9th, 2002 at 15:55:35.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Yes, and thats what so damn anoying, is it not? AO had the potentiel to be the best RPG on the market, and FC gave the impresion of that was theire inclanation as well, to do this to a damn good RPG, alas, we are now experience that is not to be...

So its alright for us all to be upset...
    Father Chagidiel
    High priest in The Church of OmniTek