Thread: An intresting NT dilemma.

An intresting NT dilemma.

As you can see from my signature, I have a level 60 NT twink.

About last year, I did the Schoel Scientist quest with her. Although that was pretty grueling and difficult, it was possible to do so, and the reward was Nanobot Shelter. It's a huge stretch for a level 60 to self cast that, but she can. Because the previous reward for the Schoel Yutto quest was Greater Nanobot Shelter, there was very little reason to even want it at any level. However, now the reward is Notum Overflow Injector, which is very tempting. The problem is, the quest is level locked, and Greedy Shade sells them as NODROP.

So, this extremely useful nano is impossible for her to get. The easiest solution is simply allow anyone without garden keys to buy quest nanos from Greedy Shade. The problem I have with that, is from a perspective of fairness. I would do the quest for it if I could, so I don't see why I should be forced to even pay for it. Is there a problem with removing level locks from some quests and allow quest nanos, specifically, to be bought without all the garden keys?

The way I see AO, in general, is a game with few limits, and players willing to go to every extreme should be able to do so. We have level 1's with Burden of Competence in social, even. Obviously, some things need level locks, but there are a few things that can lose their level locks to stay true to the idea that attracts us to this game. At least from an NT's perspective, this particular lock is a bit high, and I personally would like the ability to do the quest for my level 60, as difficult as it would be.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    As you can see from my signature, I have a level 60 NT twink.

About last year, I did the Schoel Scientist quest with her. Although that was pretty grueling and difficult, it was possible to do so, and the reward was Nanobot Shelter. It's a huge stretch for a level 60 to self cast that, but she can. Because the previous reward for the Schoel Yutto quest was Greater Nanobot Shelter, there was very little reason to even want it at any level. However, now the reward is Notum Overflow Injector, which is very tempting. The problem is, the quest is level locked, and Greedy Shade sells them as NODROP.

So, this extremely useful nano is impossible for her to get. The easiest solution is simply allow anyone without garden keys to buy quest nanos from Greedy Shade. The problem I have with that, is from a perspective of fairness. I would do the quest for it if I could, so I don't see why I should be forced to even pay for it. Is there a problem with removing level locks from some quests and allow quest nanos, specifically, to be bought without all the garden keys?

The way I see AO, in general, is a game with few limits, and players willing to go to every extreme should be able to do so. We have level 1's with Burden of Competence in social, even. Obviously, some things need level locks, but there are a few things that can lose their level locks to stay true to the idea that attracts us to this game. At least from an NT's perspective, this particular lock is a bit high, and I personally would like the ability to do the quest for my level 60, as difficult as it would be.
    I have at least one toon that I would like to complete the Pen quest on at level 100 - so it's definitely not restricted to just NTs. And now that more of the scheol nanos are useful, I'm sure there are additional. I'd love to see it set so that if you're prepared to go through the craziness of getting to and doing the quest, you can get the reward.

I think this should definitely be considered whether or not it's gone through with. Some of the Scheol nanos were changed quite dramatically and it would take pretty careful consideration to figure out whether the level restriction is needed or if it's obsolete at this point.

As far as the greedy shade goes, I thought it was a fantastic idea until I learned that it required every key to access and the quest nanos were nodrop. This was a perfect opportunity to bleed some credits from the economy, since wealthy players would be willing to buy these nanos in order to skip the related quests, but poorer players would simply run the quests instead and enjoy the xp as well. Either making the nanos yesdrop or moving the shade to a more accessible location and removing the key restriction would make selling the quest nanos a very worthy addition. As it is now I doubt they will do anyone much good.

Quote Originally Posted by Litestrider View Post
    I think this should definitely be considered whether or not it's gone through with. Some of the Scheol nanos were changed quite dramatically and it would take pretty careful consideration to figure out whether the level restriction is needed or if it's obsolete at this point.

As far as the greedy shade goes, I thought it was a fantastic idea until I learned that it required every key to access and the quest nanos were nodrop. This was a perfect opportunity to bleed some credits from the economy, since wealthy players would be willing to buy these nanos in order to skip the related quests, but poorer players would simply run the quests instead and enjoy the xp as well. Either making the nanos yesdrop or moving the shade to a more accessible location and removing the key restriction would make selling the quest nanos a very worthy addition. As it is now I doubt they will do anyone much good.
    In regards to Greedy Shade, even if they were still no drop, and you had to bring the lowbie all the way to pande to get them, that still wouldn't be too bad, I think.

A lot of people bring their lowbies to inf for the pure novi rings as it is. If they are willing to go that far already, why not go to pande for a nano?
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm