Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jame blaster

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    Make it tl3 requirement.
    Amen to this.

This Nerf almost makes me quit AO again, and I only have a lvl 150ish doc that I only uses for buffs with one.
    Always, FC nerfing my PVM toons, based on some problem with PVP.
    Xerfi - 205 Fixer, General of Argentum Astrum

This was the weapon for my levelling doc from 1xx to 21x (I forget the exact numbers). While I held my own the Damage was never OP. This nerf really needs to be reversed and replaced with a level req.

Quote Originally Posted by Gresshoppe View Post
    Always, FC nerfing my PVM toons, based on some problem with PVP.
    Yet again this. Come on FC, stop being lazy and unnecessarily nerfing pvm
    Last edited by Neista; May 17th, 2015 at 19:19:18.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Bump, as stated previously FC need to revise this nerf and put a level lock on the item rather than punish everyone else who uses this as a previously viable option whilst levelling. A bunch of profs now have one less weapon to bridge the gap between mid and end game....

Punish everyone for the whining of a few who hardly ever pvp in those lower level brackets.

Nerfing wasn't necessary, the obvious and way easier solution - given something was wrong from the start - was to ttl/lvl lock a weapon that is indeed very poweful, but also and mostly handy and aimed at support profs.

Once again, the nerf triple axe of doom axe was used with no foresight, for pvp aim only, and the ttl3 to 7 PVM sacrificed. I can't even think what twists of mind led to dealing with a mistake by making an even worse one 12 years later.

Bump.
    220/70/30 OpiFix - Useless PVM Ex RK Queen
    220/80/30 TroxDoc - Alpha Brain @soon !
    220/80/30 SoliEngi - TSing everything
    220/70/30 SoliTrader - MA >>>> Shottie
    220/80/30 Crat - Why the hell do other profs still exist ?

And tons of alts !

On the bright side FC, your thoughtless actions have now cost you $45/mo. I have chosen not to resub my three paid accounts. In future I hope you take the time to thoroughly think about a nerf and what all viable options may be rather than a blanket dmg nerf (hint - level locks).

Was fun while it lasted but obviously fc has gone down the gurgler with all the lay offs and cut backs.

wow some people are really emotionally invested in one dumb gun
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    wow some people are really emotionally invested in one dumb gun
    Right? People need to get over it.
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy1 View Post
    Right? People need to get over it.
    Nothing wrong with being emotionally invested in the game.
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

Old JAME was out of line, PVP or PVM.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Old JAME was out of line, PVP or PVM.
    Not at all. Your comment is out of line. At least unreasonable. Let's look further:

Jame has been a staple to support toons for quite awhile. Just recently I leveled my doc with the Jame up until level 151, where I could switch to SE pistol. Even equipped with Jame, damage was subpar and leveling quite a boring grind. What's a reasonable alternative? CDR and Kyr pistol for 100 levels? I think not. This is how it goes for many support professions, professions that rely on this gun in the TL4 range. Professions that need all the help they can get to solo level, and solo leveling is almost a must with our population issue. So where's the beef?

The beef is with lowbie soldiers and traders raping with this weapon. However, these same professions do not rely on this gun in the TL4 range, unlike support classes that almost NEED this. Solution? Well it's already been said, a level lock.

Honestly, level 50ish is exactly where the problem is, so I don't see sticking a TL3 req on it being the solution. Level 75 was noted, and is very reasonable. Hell, unnerf the gun and put a TL4 requirement on it and it'll serve it's purpose - a solid weapon for TL4 support toons. Nerfing this gun was exactly what you should not have done. It did no one any favors past level 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandonj View Post
    Jame has been a staple to support toons for quite awhile.
    Yeah, because it was out of line.
    Just recently I leveled my doc with the Jame up until level 151, where I could switch to SE pistol. Even equipped with Jame, damage was subpar and leveling quite a boring grind. What's a reasonable alternative? CDR and Kyr pistol for 100 levels? I think not. This is how it goes for many support professions, professions that rely on this gun in the TL4 range. Professions that need all the help they can get to solo level, and solo leveling is almost a must with our population issue. So where's the beef?
    The JAME was far, far beyond every other option, which is exactly why everyone is moaning about the nerf, and exactly why it needed to happen.

It's still a decent weapon considering the low reqs and lack of profession locks, unless you're shooting at things with massive ACs. Which, if you're soloing, is probably not the case.
    The beef is with lowbie soldiers and traders raping with this weapon. However, these same professions do not rely on this gun in the TL4 range, unlike support classes that almost NEED this. Solution? Well it's already been said, a level lock.
    Need? Come on now, I managed to get a doc to 220 without a JAME or a MBC or any of those other fancy toys.
    Honestly, level 50ish is exactly where the problem is, so I don't see sticking a TL3 req on it being the solution. Level 75 was noted, and is very reasonable. Hell, unnerf the gun and put a TL4 requirement on it and it'll serve it's purpose - a solid weapon for TL4 support toons. Nerfing this gun was exactly what you should not have done. It did no one any favors past level 60.
    If there really is a major gap in weapons for some professions then that should be looked at. But the ridiculous old JAME doesn't need to come back.

If there really is a major gap in weapons for some professions then that should be looked at. But the ridiculous old JAME doesn't need to come back.
    That's the problem with your perspective and the nerf. JAME wasn't ridiculous. Or fancy. It was meh. A good solid weapon for a support class. A good option.

The only ridiculousness associated with JAME is a level 40 trader running around with one. Level lock it, unnerf it, situation fixed. Done here.

Yeah, because it was out of line.
    It was not out of lin eat the intented level, not by a far cry , it was a weapon on the slow end, had damage template compare to other adonish weapons that are much faster.
    as it stands now it has the damage of a elysium weapon, but is alot harder to get sans buying it of gmi .

Y
    The JAME was far, far beyond every other option, which is exactly why everyone is moaning about the nerf, and exactly why it needed to happen.
    It's still a decent weapon considering the low reqs and lack of profession locks, unless you're shooting at things with massive ACs. Which, if you're soloing, is probably not the case.
    with your logic cleavers, chipotera, lognsword all fast weapons high min weapons, that can be used at 60 or earlier, are those the next in line we`ll see nerfed because the someone uses them in pvp or they dont want to wait til 151 to get a semi decent weapon ?

fact is support lacks useable wepaons, and please dont bring up neleb stick,as an option, that rightly so was slowed down from 1.0 to 1.5 in attack, or do yu suggest we are okey with 75 min damage while trying to do schoel quests etc ? that support kills too fast ? what other weapons do you have in mind they should use then?

Y
    Need? Come on now, I managed to get a doc to 220 without a JAME or a MBC or any of those other fancy toys.

that begs the question when did you level ? in the old days with enough people around sure, but this days even the lonely doctor needs to beable to do damage to level with dailiy, and do quests wihtout haveing to wait and hope for someone else to run alone , and still jame is not rediculous at the entented level range, it certanly aint more idiot than cleaver, chiopo on a lvl 60 adv,enf or a curpsecutter on enf,keeper

First off let's stop talking about "support professions", this is about doctors and we all know it.

That's the problem with your perspective and the nerf. JAME wasn't ridiculous. Or fancy. It was meh. A good solid weapon for a support class. A good option.
    It was far more than a good option.
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkishpunk View Post
    It was not out of lin eat the intented level, not by a far cry , it was a weapon on the slow end, had damage template compare to other adonish weapons that are much faster.
    as it stands now it has the damage of a elysium weapon, but is alot harder to get sans buying it of gmi .

with your logic cleavers, chipotera, lognsword all fast weapons high min weapons, that can be used at 60 or earlier, are those the next in line we`ll see nerfed because the someone uses them in pvp or they dont want to wait til 151 to get a semi decent weapon ?
    All of those weapons are profession locked, and to professions that are all about weapon-based combat.
    fact is support lacks useable wepaons, and please dont bring up neleb stick,as an option, that rightly so was slowed down from 1.0 to 1.5 in attack, or do yu suggest we are okey with 75 min damage while trying to do schoel quests etc ? that support kills too fast ? what other weapons do you have in mind they should use then?
    Docs have more than weapons at their disposal, fyi.
    that begs the question when did you level ? in the old days with enough people around sure, but this days even the lonely doctor needs to beable to do damage to level with dailiy, and do quests wihtout haveing to wait and hope for someone else to run alone , and still jame is not rediculous at the entented level range, it certanly aint more idiot than cleaver, chiopo on a lvl 60 adv,enf or a curpsecutter on enf,keeper
    When I leveled my doc could hardly be called the old days. The population wasn't much better. And the only dailies I ever had trouble with were of the "kill these things within a couple of minutes" variety. Which, I'll admit, are kind of BS to foist on professions that kill slowly.

All that said I wouldn't be averse to the JAME getting a minor buff to say, 100 to 125 min damage - if it also gets a level lock to go with it.

All of those weapons are profession locked, and to professions that are all about weapon-based combat.
    so they are And they are not 2/2 speed either, and OP at at 60 but not at their intented level.

Docs have more than weapons at their disposal, fyi.
    then surely you will be so kind as to enlighten us what those options are. dots that aint effective till later levels or the single nuke line we have ?

All that said I wouldn't be averse to the JAME getting a minor buff to say, 100 to 125 min damage - if it also gets a level lock to go with it.
    with level lock there is no reason to nerf a already not top weapon of the leveling population, dual gelids or mbc outpreforms it .

Think we all can agree on they nerfed a good leveling weapon and left everone with a option less, there are already few good none prof locked things around, and the new things that are added, are either prof locked and grossly op compared to the regs as we saw with special edition weapon , plus half the weapons are never used by their intented profession such as Special Edition Kyr'Ozch Cannon or simply badly designed as the typed rk weapons, that are out preformed by their none upgraded versions.

Speed it up, increase minimum damage back to 175 or to 125/150, bam. Support weapon.

There was NO need for a support weapon to hit so hard.

Now increasing the speed to 1/1 would make it fine - a weapon which caps Burst easily but doesn't wreck every single profession above level 20.

Personally, I see merit to both sides of the argument. The JAME was really, really good for any support profession. It was too good, however, but that's when comparing it to other available options, which for most professions are anemic at best.

I don't think the JAME is truly the target of this discussion or issue, rather I think the lack of solid weapon progression and the decision of just how much damage the various "non-combat" profession should do is at the heart of it. The JAME was simply intertwined with those issues, and was acting as a bandaid to cover up the underlying issue of a lack of good options.

I said above that it doesn't bug me one way or the other what happens to the JAME, and I still feel that way. What I think does need to come out of this however is a new set of weapons for the professions which don't have solid choices, including and especially people choosing to use non-standard weapons. Now, something I notice is that these issues tend to start around level 100 and progress until 151 when the S7 weapons are generally good options, if a bit too homogenized (seriously the profession locks irk me on those). Michi has also mentioned that he's working on a playfield for people leveled 100-150. I have to wonder if there might be something in store that would help exactly this.

Also, I still really want to see something meaningful done with the -000 weapons. They could stand to fix so many problems in weapon progression if they were just worth using at all, but they don't even fit the "cheap and easy" niche right now. Right now the max and min damage are both too low, it would be a lot of data crunching but I'd love to see two variations made of them, one low min high max for froobs to enjoy (and crit-build people), and another high min low max for SL players. As it is they're trying to do both and failing to do either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuingar-1 View Post
    There was NO need for a support weapon to hit so hard.

Now increasing the speed to 1/1 would make it fine - a weapon which caps Burst easily but doesn't wreck every single profession above level 20.
    I really like this idea.

The burst and fling are hard to cap and the weapon is slow. This is hard on casting professions, those who use this gun. Increase the min damage a bit, the speed, and special cycles, keep max damage down, level cap it for 70 or something and there you have it. That's a solid solution, and a better idea than a hard nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Litestrider View Post
    Personally, I see merit to both sides of the argument. The JAME was really, really good for any support profession. It was too good, however, but that's when comparing it to other available options, which for most professions are anemic at best.
    I don't see why there's belief in this. The gun is not that good past 100. Comparable to other weapons.

Also, I still really want to see something meaningful done with the -000 weapons. They could stand to fix so many problems in weapon progression if they were just worth using at all, but they don't even fit the "cheap and easy" niche right now. Right now the max and min damage are both too low, it would be a lot of data crunching but I'd love to see two variations made of them, one low min high max for froobs to enjoy (and crit-build people), and another high min low max for SL players. As it is they're trying to do both and failing to do either.
    I agree with this. The last upgrade does not make the weapon strong enough, especially considering the cost at which the bloke in Bor charges for upgrades. Good luck selling the piece of crap for the creds or the time you spent on it. I know, I have experience with it.

I agree with this. The last upgrade does not make the weapon strong enough, especially considering the cost at which the bloke in Bor charges for upgrades. Good luck selling the piece of crap for the creds or the time you spent on it. I know, I have experience with it.
    Just wanna point out that the upgrades for the -000 weapons can be bought in Fair Trade stores for a couple hundred thousand creds in the Tradeskill section.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast