Thread: Price on Implants and Clusters, a little too high?

Question Price on Implants and Clusters, a little too high?

I know you're trying to suck creds out of the economy to lower inflation etc.
    However, I feel that these prices will make more harm than good, since they will not only affect filthy stinking rich vets - but new players as well!
    1.2m for a ql 200 Shiny Cluster
    370k for a ql 200 Bright Cluster
    48k for a ql 200 Faded Cluster

1.1m for a ql 110 Empty Implant
    3.7m for a ql 200 Empty Implant
    the prices may very slightly due to Comp. Liter. Skill

The prices on ql 1-100 and ql 200+ imps/clusters are fine i think.
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]

Overall I am VERY happy with the patch though, Great work Michi! (and team?)
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]

They could always just go clicksaver them if they can't afford them. Thats how most vets got there first ql 200 imp set.
    -Equilibrium-
    Perkable - 220/30 Crat
    Enforcblack - 220/30 Enf
    Blacklist - 200/30 Adv
    Blackhawkzz - 200/30 Crat
    Nano93 - 168/23 NT
    Blackhawkss - 164/22 Sold
    Black - 150/20 Enf
    Blackhawks - 126/15 Agent
    Cannibalz - 92/9 Enf
    Blackhawks00 -57/6 MP
    Blackhawkd - 29/3 Tard

It's not a problem for vet players to get hold of imps, but if there is a influx of new players those are not going to benefit from this and just give them a reason to give up.
    Clicksaver is a good tool and all, but i do not expect a newbi to know about it from the start
    So yes, please to address this, small change witch would help all of the new players.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Most implants are cheaper on GMI ...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Pal, if new players leave because they can't just "buy" instead of "work for", they will leave whatever since they are not "players" but "consumers", and nothing can please them over 3 days anyway.

I made 6 200 implants yesterday, the VERY way I did before, in 15mn old style, with GMI and basic shops, so all in all the only thing that could possibly affect this is the Fixers' meeps nerf, for blitzing is being terrible.

I Felt FC should have set an official version of CS in the NPE (and still feel mostly because that way CS would get an official technial support and wouldn't depend on the fans' work), but chat channels are very active, people ask for things, get replies, and CS like evrything will be well know quite soon anyway. Having it work properly is another thing =)

Man... In fact, CS is the best way to counter you carebear argument, because CS is the very AO spirit : A fan made a tool to make an important asset of the game livable, while until then it was a nightmare. See what I mean ? Don't give the guy a fish...
    220/70/30 OpiFix - Useless PVM Ex RK Queen
    220/80/30 TroxDoc - Alpha Brain @soon !
    220/80/30 SoliEngi - TSing everything
    220/70/30 SoliTrader - MA >>>> Shottie
    220/80/30 Crat - Why the hell do other profs still exist ?

And tons of alts !

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawks93 View Post
    They could always just go clicksaver them if they can't afford them.
    This. I think the prices actually hit a nice sweet spot. Newbies will think "ugh, that's way too expensive" and go roll them instead. Veterans will think "eh, that's not too bad and I'm feeling lazy" and buy them. That's exactly what we want to have happen, as it will suck money away from those with huge stock of credits, without crippling newbies. In fact, at 3.7m, I would expect rolling implants to still be a viable source of income since you could sell them for slightly less on the GMS, so this really feels like a win-win to me.

i think the pricing is very well thought out. they are priced higher than what blitzers charge for them so it still allows that economy for blitzers. it is really just there for the convenience of people who either sell grace or have tons of creds. and that convenience drains creds out of the economy.

really quite well done.

This is out of context, but the price of MA attacks is a bit too high as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAce View Post
    This is out of context, but the price of MA attacks is a bit too high as well.
    Can you get ql 300 attacks outside of starter area_ If so please enlighten me

I think some people may not realize this, but if you want to build a ql 110 implant you need to either blitz the clusters yourself, or pay up ~1.6m for just the clusters!
    This is a huge nerf, and it mainly targets the wrong players
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]

Quote Originally Posted by Qualto View Post
    I think some people may not realize this, but if you want to build a ql 110 implant you need to either blitz the clusters yourself, or pay up ~1.6m for just the clusters!
    This is a huge nerf, and it mainly targets the wrong players
    You can still buy implants and cluster for the old prices in the sided shops. Think of the implant stores as charging a premium for having a perfect selection of QLs. I don't know if neutrals can use these shops though.
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuegen View Post
    You can still buy implants and cluster for the old prices in the sided shops. Think of the implant stores as charging a premium for having a perfect selection of QLs. I don't know if neutrals can use these shops though.
    They used to be unsided...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Can you get ql 300 attacks outside of starter area_ If so please enlighten me
    You can buy these in any shop that has the "Weapons" sign above the door, like the door next to where you pull BS daily in Bore
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Aahaha yes.. in ICC Martial Arts Attacks
    Must be getting old and blind, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuegen View Post
    As of now neutrals can still buy from the Tradeskill section of Omni stores, assuming all are the same. I checked Omni-Trade basic store this morning.

If this access stays the same & clan also still has its "old" shops ... then it seems OK to have higher prices in ICC shops for the convenience of always having them available vs going store to store looking for a big enough one.

Emma