Thread: ToTW and City Whompahs

ToTW and City Whompahs

So now that city whompahs are no longer a thing, I'm at a loss to explain how someone is supposed to head back to civilization after a jaunt in everybody's favorite den of human sacrifice. I submit that there be a portal to ICC somewhere outside ToTW; perhaps on top of the entrance or opposite the IS portal.
    Formerly Dragonwell, 217/13/14 General of Famous Last Words

Totally agreed. I've raised this point several times since the removal of outdoor cities and no one has given me a satisfactory answer. No, 'reclaim express' is not satisfactory, and nor is 'have higher level friends warp you/grid you'.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

You do what Clan used to do all the time before the portal in Newland Desert.

You fly/run the Grid outside Tir.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

It is called instant grid beacons from the item shop.
    At this point people have to realize that some changes will be about promoting the sale of item store items.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

I made several froob engi's just to beacon toons back to home base... Hmm.. I wonder if I could turn that into a service... Hahahaa..
    Guapo - Advisor in Unity of The Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    You do what Clan used to do all the time before the portal in Newland Desert.

You fly/run the Grid outside Tir.
    I wouldn't consider that reasonable. Especially looking at an average, say, level 50 character. They're unlikely to even have a yalm. The amoutn of time it would take to run all the way to the Grid point south of Tir... and IIRC there's two high level guards there so Omnis will just get shot up.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    It is called instant grid beacons from the item shop.
    At this point people have to realize that some changes will be about promoting the sale of item store items.
    If FC want to make a bit more money form item shop they should just delete vet shop and refund players with reasonable amount of FC points per one vet point. I'm sure it'd make a lot of vets angry but that would sort out AO's business plan a bit. Current system where you get full amount of VP on each new character just doesn't make sense to me, cos vet shop and FC store are basically in competition. Not that I complain tho.

However some sort of an exit from low level dungeon should be a no brainer, you just can't expect new players, who have just started exploring this game to buy expensive items from FC store, specially if they often don't know there's such thing.
    Last edited by Scottik; Apr 25th, 2015 at 21:53:52.

Isn't everyone getting a hoverbike? (With the Henry Ford method of color choice: "You can have a Model A in any color you want, just so long as it's black!" )

AO: "Here's your free Yellow Hoverbike.".

" What about red?"

"You'll really like its Bright YELLOW Sun shiny shade!"

"Blue? surely there must be blue?!":

"Plus its easy visibility provides for better target acquisition by antiaircraft stations."