Originally posted by Noer
Actually level-requirements on dungeons and quests are pretty common in these kind of games. And AO is getting it aswell. The new newbie dungeon can't be entered by people above level 25. And when you think of it, it makes sense. Why let people enter the dungeon it wasn't build for. It is only ruining it for the ones it was build for. Saying that you pay the same as the ones entering the dungeon can't be used here. What about those items with profession-requirements and alike? You pay the same as the professions that use them. "Hey, Im a doctor - I pay the same as the enforcers. I wanna use the edge of tarasque aswell".

I think it would make a lot sense to make the dungeon level 100+. People below level 100 does nothing but ruining it for others by either lagging or ninja-looting.
Which is unfortunate. Funcom started as a skills based game and is slowly moving towards a level based game.

You are correct, Noer. Funcom is taking this approach with newer items (armor, nanos, weapons and the newest dungeon) and attaching level requirements. However, Funcom has stated they would not attach level requirements on items pre patch 14.2, so I don't think we would see a level requirement on the dungeon and we certainly should not.

If the dungeon was not intended for everyone, then why do 100% suppression areas exists? These areas are great for lowbies to explore and have fun at their leisure. If this dungeon was not intended for lowbies, then 100% areas would not exists and mobs would instantly kill the lowbies.