Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When Tarasque spawn gets nerfed to hell and back...

Exclamation When Tarasque spawn gets nerfed to hell and back...

Be sure to thank those people who sat in there on purpose, especially the one trying to extort 100m credits to leave the GS.

Its nice that the GMs showed, but when they talk about "discussing it with lead designer" a 4 letter word or two come to mind.

I guess I shouldn't compain, probably end up making my clothes go up in value 5 times or so
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Are you complaining because you couldn't open another pf?
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    Are you complaining because you couldn't open another pf?
    I personally wasn't there. But what happened, was that a few clanners intentionally refused to leave the playfield.

I hope that the people that came after the petition suspends\bans these people that were not after a good time. But looking to ruin everyone' else. How can you not complain when people are treated that way?

Is it because they are clan or because you encourage fellow clanners to resort to this because you think it is the right way to treat people that is not clan?

Originally posted by Real Mean Destructiva

I personally wasn't there. But what happened, was that a few clanners intentionally refused to leave the playfield.

I hope that the people that came after the petition suspends\bans these people that were not after a good time. But looking to ruin everyone' else. How can you not complain when people are treated that way?

Is it because they are clan or because you encourage fellow clanners to resort to this because you think it is the right way to treat people that is not clan?

I only asked to make sure I understood it correctly, I wasn't there either.

I don't encourage anyone that ruin the gameplay for other people, couldn't care less if it's a clanner or omni.
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

I only asked to make sure I understood it correctly, I wasn't there either.

I don't encourage anyone that ruin the gameplay for other people, couldn't care less if it's a clanner or omni.
    I apologise then. But it looked like the ususal "I don't care.. twice as less if you are omni".

Good that we are in a agreement.

About 3-4 Clan players sat in gs1 to prevent gs 3/4 from opening up and then asked 100mil credits for them to leave. Which was such a same GS 2 was one of the best tara battles ever.

After petitions were sent the lead of CS and another lvl 303 GM showed up and looked into it. Talking with a programer and lead desiger(they said) and decided/discovered that we really prob should not be able to open up diffrent GS, but will leave it as it is for the time being.

That is the breif run down of it.
    Last edited by biggfoo; Oct 22nd, 2002 at 12:51:27.
    Fausto Biggfoo Clyburn

Are you some kind of robot? And if so what kind of powers do you have? Do you use them for Good? or for Awesome?

Who were the players doing this?

Anyone that we should know about?
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

hehe we all was there, screenshot taken etc,

12hrs of camalot fun, w00t!

Arrow No god**** roleplaying about it

If the multiple playfield thing gets nerfed (knowing FC, certainly a possibility, since they barely knew how their own PFs spawned and had to play the "I'll check with my boss" game for awhile) I'll be sure to list their names.

Because if FC does nerf it, they basically made FC aware. We could've gone on another year without them messing with it if they hadn't done it. Though FC would be dumb for going to only 1 spawn every 18 hours, nasty players making it a problem in the first place deserve some blame if it happens.

If anyone else wants to name them, feel free. I don't want to get into it at the moment myself.

Its nothing to do with clan or omni. Any omnis do this, I won't be teaming or buffing with them ever.

2 friggin bits in a database have nothing to do with people doing things like this to other people.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

I actually think it would be good if FC removed multiply pfs, I don't like all bull**** with 4 diffrent Tarasque now.

Tarasque is on a 18h15min spawn, just like many other unique mobs, that means he/she should spawn once every 18h15min, just like the other unique mobs.
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

Oh comon like omnis never do that.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Question huiuy.

My personal oppinion:

Multiple GS' ain't cool. Too much hassle, too much griefing
    possible, too much chaos...

Instead of concentrating on nerfing it to one GS, make it so that
    Tarasque spawns more often perhaps, and fix the game so it can
    handle more than 30 people in the same dungeon without the
    game going into a stall...

Battles there are fun... but the griefing, ninjalooting and the
    constant flames from each side about warping / cheating /
    exploiting / harrasing has gone over the top.

Now a'day it seems -everything- is harrasment / disruption of
    gameplay. FC needs to come clean and put out a CLEAR set of
    rules and nono's.

Warping people into a playfield, overloading it way beyond it's
    original limit is a given. That is disruption of gameplay since it can
    temper with the very stability of the zone.

People sitting inside camelot preventing people from opening
    another GS? Well, if you ask me, I think they are entitled to. They
    pay 14.95 a month to park their ass wherever they want.

Also, if you look at it another way, I hardly think the current
    GS1/2/3/4 situation is what the Devs intended and/or want at all.

People can be jerks towards eachother in games like this,
    however, try not to scream wolf and do a petition every damned
    time something annoys you.

I'm not going to say "This is War ffs, let people ***** at
    eachother. ANARCHY!!". That's BS. This game needs rules like
    everything else. Who would be here if it was anarchy? Not me.
    Datts fer sure.

Instead of messing around with their coffee machines and ID-
    extractors, FC should sit down and get some decent rules
    together. A more detailed Rules of Conduct.

I'm sure it would only take me a day, if not less to make a clear
    writing of rules on every thinkable situation. What we follow
    today is way to vague and it seems as if -every- situation can be
    turned into harrasment / disruptiuon.

Also, it seems that GM's themselves (even more visible in the ARK
    program) give out different signals on what's acceptable and
    what's not.

Clear guidelines.. That's all I ask.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Now this is just a question and not a counter attack cause i really dont care.. :P

If they Remove the Multiple cave thingy (creates a cave #2 if cave #1 has reached that and that much people.. just to not have lag)

What will you do if the cave has reached like.. 60 people? Shut em out... or let em in? making the cave bare as many as possible?
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

I'm not entirely sure what would be bad about a single PF taraspawn...

Someone care to explain?
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Originally posted by Meurgen

Someone care to explain?
    Less lewt
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Originally posted by Meurgen

Someone care to explain?
    that the zone can't handle the amount of people going there.
    ~Lone

I do agree with Caol about this, the multiple GS were created to prevent lag i guess, not to be used to make the mob spawn more than one time in a day, if its that the case why not start rollin another GS for Jones or Khaeler, i know the idea has already been in mind and imo thats stupid.
    Atm Tarasque isnt about pvp at all since both side only bother to go in the gs where they got the more people, 10 clan vs 50 omni or 10 omni vs 50 clan isnt my idea of pvp. Also sitting 4 to 8h+ in a dungeon doing nothing but shooting the eventual 2-3 people that show up isnt funny at all.
    But you cant blame FC for everything, in the first place FC didnt show people how to roll GS intentionaly, also if i was a level 60 or something and i would like to go see camelot and lord ghasap or whatever i wouldnt be happy to be yelled at to go out of the dungeon because someone wanna close this GS to roll another one (that is when people dont ask money to get out of a dungeon...). And also someone asking 100m to get out of a dungeon is obviously griefing and it should be treated the same way as ninja looting a dead body > track account/CC and ban both.
    Griefin isnt fun when the game isnt designed to handle it, UO griefing ws fun cause anyone and their mom could do it, its no fun in AO since it can ruin your day and you cant do jack about it aside being a jerk - and its also a freaking shame very few people has the honesty to admit things, and say things or not.
    Infamine 200 soljah

OK..I posted a thread about this whole thing last night...But Cz decided I was a little too decriptive in what happened. So the thread was removed.

This is obvoisly going to be a problem forever.... Going to upset more people than it will please.. So going on what Inafmine said....Here is my suggestion:
    • Lets work something out to make both sides of the conflict happy.
    • OMNI's already are aware of the warping treaty.. Not sure about clanners... SO lets make on between Clan and OMNI...
    • Lets split Tara 50/50..... OMNI gets GS 1 and 3... Clan gets GS 2 and 4.

This is just my suggestion. Now to contradict what Infamine said....I think it a little about PvP... After those clanners wouldn't leave...we basically made GS 1 a PvP play zone to occupy our time.. Since it was obvious they weren't leaving...

So what does everyone else think about this idea? Could we stick to it? Could teh leaders of each guild agree to ban any violators or Ninja's?

Originally posted by Infamine
    And also someone asking 100m to get out of a dungeon is obviously griefing and it should be treated the same way as ninja looting a dead body > track account/CC and ban both.
    Disagree: Because someone NINJA loots they should be banned? IT IS a gameplay option. If the team that killed something can't loot it, then others get a chance...if some lil punk decides to ninja something, it is just a socially unacceptable thing, but something that the game is built for.

Asking 100m to leave as griefing? How is that? As Caol stated, they pay the same cash you do, and are entitled to do whatever they want. Forcing them to leave, maybe they got pissed and demanded some crazy fee. I am not defending them, just saying there are two sides to every coin.

You want to do what you want to do, and others want to do what they want to do. Since Tara only spawns every 18hr15min, maybe that castle has some roleplay value (seems lowbies do that kinda stuff...)
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

1 PF

LVL 200 only =D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast