Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: one npe suggestion

one npe suggestion

First off just from reading the patch notes I want to thank you Michi.

You've gone above and beyond and I can't wait to get home and resub.

Now with the npe. Might I suggest upon completing the missions maybe up the credit reward to 50 or even 100k?

The reasoning is implants are very expensive (premades) assuming the price hasn't changed. I believe its 1.2m for a ql100 set. New players need some sort of way to make enough money leveling on their own.

What you guys think?
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

Id say its good for Starter but like everything in this Game it needs to be protected from being exploited .

I would suggest that a Npc hands out a task to run sucessfull Missions for his Reality-TV Crew to be recorded.

The Player gets a Camera Module to be worn in (Utility or Hud maybe ) . When the Module is worn during Missions you get some extra Cash for every Kill and another Bonus when you Finish the Mission.
    Double Rewards if its a Teammission with a Full Team , simply because it promotes Teamplay and the Audience Loves it .
    At Titlelevel 3 and 4 the rewards get nerfed because your pretty known to the Audience allready and at hitting Titlelevel 5 the Npc says that the Audience has tired of you and you must make Room for new Talents ( bye bye Bonus ) .

I dont know if it is technical possible ( probally not ) but random Lifefeed of Players running those Missions on the Billboards would be soooo sweet!
    Last edited by Dollcet; Apr 23rd, 2015 at 17:50:22.
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Hmmmm I'm not sure what you're getting at?

All I'm saying is change the 1k reward to 50 or 100......what are you talking about?
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

You cannot just give a flat additional 50k or 100K , any Vet can exploit that .

If i wanted to exploit a flat inscrease inRewards for my Benefit i would go for something like this :

-Make a Enfo and get it to level 60
    -Slap on ql 150ish Implants ( higher possible but Quick & Dirty is good enough for such a Toon )
    -Equip either Howlet/Panther/Chef-Cleavers or Mortiig Beaters
    -Pull level 50 Missions inside Rome ( you mostly get missions for Rome itself , which means very short Travels )
    -Missions at that Level are 1 Floor with 10-20 very Green Adds that die in 1-2 Hits each .
    -A Solomission would take roughly 5 Minutes ( including Time needed in pulling and travel ) .

A Veteran invests 5-10M for such a Toon true that but then he is gonna earn Money on a much higher Rate than any truely new Players would.
    Even my Suggestion is exploitable but to a lesser Degree at low Levels , the General Idea behind my Suggestion was to have a enhanced Way for new Players to make Creds which is less interesting to Vets.
    A lot of the Changes made in this Patch are to create Moneysinks to Drain Creds out of the inflated Economy , giving Vets a new Way to create Creds that go into Circulation would be counteractive.
    It is True that any Vet who sells Stuff to other Players makes 10 Times more Credits but those Are Credits that are allready in the Game and dont hurt the Economy.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are free Players

Well I meant until level 30.

But to what youre saying..... Even if anyone did that. Say it was 100k per 5 mins.

1.2m an hour.......

You really think that is too much?? A few level 60 can do totw runs and make 10x that in one hour....

You know how expensive everything is in game. 1.2m an hour is nothing for vets.....

It would help NEW players tremendously.

Lol....

P.s. @ your creditsink statements. If you had any idea how many credits are floating around in this game you'd probably wouldn't believe it. 1.2m an hour (IF THAT) isn't even worth talking about when it comes to vets. Trust me on that
    Last edited by Chewy1; Apr 23rd, 2015 at 20:47:52.
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

You gotta differ between Money you can earn from Players for doing Services and Money that gets created by your Actions .
    While it wont matter much to you its a difference for the Economy if Money circlulates between Players or created .

Just imagine what would happen if everone could just mint US-Dollars , lets say 5 Dollars a Day , doesnt sound much either but the Long Term Impact would be harsh ...
    And Thanks to Funcom not putting a Ban on Multiboxing it could be 6 x 1,2M if somebody was to run Missions with a Multibox.
    You Surely seen the Egpal Spammers allready , right now they buy Credits from Players at 10 Dollar a Billion and resell for 20 Dollar a Billion , once it becomes cheaper for them to Pay a Kid in a Sweatshop to mine the Money from the Game directly they will go for that .
    Hang around for a While and you get the hang behind my Thoughts .

Yeah Implants and Nanos get you broke fast until you learn how to make money off other Peoples Lazyness by Blitzing or offerning Services .
    I really dont think there is a ultimate Solution besides deleting everybodys Credits so Newbies and Vets are equally broke .
    Last edited by Dollcet; Apr 23rd, 2015 at 21:03:43.
    -----
    -----
    -there are free Players

Quote Originally Posted by Dollcet View Post
    You gotta differ between Money you can earn from Players for doing Services and Money that gets created by your Actions .
    While it wont matter much to you its a difference for the Economy if Money circlulates between Players or created .

Just imagine what would happen if everone could just mint US-Dollars , lets say 5 Dollars a Day , doesnt sound much either but the Long Term Impact would be harsh ...
    And Thanks to Funcom not putting a Ban on Multiboxing it could be 6 x 1,2M if somebody was to run Missions with a Multibox.
    You Surely seen the Egpal Spammers allready , right now they buy Credits from Players at 10 Dollar a Billion and resell for 20 Dollar a Billion , once it becomes cheaper for them to Pay a Kid in a Sweatshop to mine the Money from the Game directly they will go for that .
    Hang around for a While and you get the hang behind my Thoughts .

Yeah Implants and Nanos get you broke fast until you learn how to make money off other Peoples Lazyness by Blitzing or offerning Services .
    I really dont think there is a ultimate Solution besides deleting everybodys Credits so Newbies and Vets are equally broke .
    Lol mbing for 7m an hour is still laughable.

The greedy shade nanos will BARELY put a dent in the economy...

You don't understand this is only to help players get on their feet from level 1-30.

God forbid a newb can make 10-20m on their own.

Can you give me a little background on your Ao career?
    Last edited by Chewy1; Apr 23rd, 2015 at 21:27:29.
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

*sigh*

First Contact with AO in 2004 on 7 Day Trial .
    Die neue Welt << former German Server
    Didnt really start the Game till 2005 , First Toon was a Soldier i had to stop at level 30ish because i lacked the Knowledge to gather the 500k Creds that a Div9 would have costed..
    Made a Trader because i did read on AnarchyArcanum they get more Creds when selling stuff , didnt know they are just awefull when untwinked .
    Saw a MA in ToTw was impressed and rolled my Current Main " Dollcet " , joined a Org composited of mostly other Newbies , the only 200+ was allways busy with PvP , leveled with a wild mix of Mishes Borgs Ely/Ado/Penu-Heckteam , Penu-Hard-Mishes and the odd Inferno Heck-team, pretty gimpy until 180ish when i had understood enough of the Game-Mechanics to know what my Tooon needed .
    Started working on my soloing Abilities and camped Notum Scourges /Inferno Bosses at around 210ish when most people would only go there solo as Doc or Adv.
    Think i got my frist pieces of Alien-Armor around Level 213 tradeing it for Slippers of Screaming from Docsommer .
    Soloing Stuff others wouldnt touch without a Team since Pre-LE and still doing it , heavyly pushing DD on Raids until it became futile to even try keeping up with Shades/Crats.
    Being a helpfull Hand and explaining Carebear to many People , giving out free Symbs and getting them Armor like Azure/Proactive/Reactive (yeah from Time to Time i help a Clanner too ) Kegerns /Dustbrigade/Ofab , not to mention all the Stuff i lended out to People and mostly never got back .
    Ran my own Orgs on Rk3 and Rk1 , later decidet to adopt random Orgs and help them get Raiding , ask any OT-RP , Omni-SF or my latest Org " Fused Dragons " if you think im bull****ting you .

I learned AO the hard Way and remember my Roots and how difficult it was to get started .
    And my Toons are in good working Shape even if not each is clad in Combined Head to Toe ...

I dont wanna ruin anybodys Day or keep Newbies poor but i am serious about the long Term Effects any potentially exploitable Cred-Source can have on the Economy !
    Last edited by Dollcet; Apr 23rd, 2015 at 21:57:34.
    -----
    -----
    -there are free Players

*sigh*

First Toon was a Soldier i had to stop at level 30ish beaches i lacked the Knowledge to gather the 500k Creds that a Div9 would have costed..
    That is my f****** point!!!! And I don't think you're bsing me.

If you really think people will mb 6 lvl30 twinks to make 500k a mission than I think this conversation is over.

Edit. Would u rather see a new player quit the game @ lvl30 cause he or she lacked the credits to buy a basic weapon or would you want him to stay? Please tell me you see my point
    Last edited by Chewy1; Apr 23rd, 2015 at 23:22:24.
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

I see your Point but the only thing that couldnt be exploited at all would be to give People Implants/Nanos/Items with zero Salevalue every few Levels and this would render the Lowlevel Shops useless.

And yes i think at least Egpal would do it , as soon as they figure out a Way to make large Parts of running a Mish scripted so 1 Kid in a Sweatshop can control multiple MB-Teams.
    -----
    -----
    -there are free Players

I can vouch for Dollcets knowledge of the game and his kindness and offerings hes given out to complete strangers. He is an awesome dude and your just flaming in his face. He isnt stupid, he isnt talking out of his a$$. Listen to dollcet a little and you can learn much. He is a nice guy who gives up his time and expertise to help out people less fortunate, be it game experience, ability or even just stupidity.

If more players were like Dollcet then the game would be better off.

??? I'm not flaming lol.

The bottomline is we want new people in Ao.....so back to my last question...

Imagine if they put it on steam and bam game is packed again. But what if they all quit cause they can't afford BASIC gear???

Obviously my point is eluding you as well as doc.

Edit. And if you and he really think this little bit of extra creds for STARTING characters will break the game eventually down the road you really have no clue.

I can name you several people who have trillions of credits. Yes trillions...not billions.
    Last edited by Chewy1; Apr 23rd, 2015 at 23:56:03.
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

Its not eluding me, I know the game is hard but its hard for everybody alike when new. I'm just trying to point out he's very knowledgeable.

Also... One of the best MA's in game

Edit:

Go ahead, name every one of them.
    Last edited by gresh; Apr 24th, 2015 at 00:07:31.

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    Its not eluding me, I know the game is hard but its hard for everybody alike when new. I'm just trying to point out he's very knowledgeable.

Also... One of the best MA's in game

Edit:

Go ahead, name every one of them.
    Like I'd call any one of them out. Im making a point you have no idea how many credits are in this game.
    Last edited by Chewy1; Apr 24th, 2015 at 00:53:06.
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

I see your Point but the only thing that couldnt be exploited at all would be to give People Implants/Nanos/Items with zero Salevalue every few Levels and this would render the Lowlevel Shops useless.

Love love love this idea. Forget my suggestion. Your way makes it even easier which is what starting players need.
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

A new player is going to gimp their first toon. We all did it to at least one of our first toons. Making money is not that hard in AO. What makes it hard is that everyone wants to rush to endgame and power levels. People team up newbies and run them through stuff at the rate of 15-20 levels an hour their first two days in game and they find themselves BROKE and level 60-70. They get frustrated and quit.

Pretty much the experience we dealt with often. I don't see how this 1K or any amount more from missions is going to change the "must level up really fast and get to endgame because that is all that matters" attitude that new players have or quickly get because all the the 220's in OOC are telling them that the game starts at 220. If it comes down to doing 3-4 missions for an extra 3-4K and 2-3 levels with my hour of play time versus a SL team and 10-15 levels with a chance of pearl drop & win the roll for it which do you think they will go with? That is the problem right there. They get 20-30 levels in two play sessions and find they are completely out geared and now no one wants them in the team because on inspect they are in laughable gear for their level.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy1 View Post
    Love love love this idea. Forget my suggestion. Your way makes it even easier which is what starting players need.
    Eh, how do you propose you know what I have no idea of when you have no idea of what I know?

There are people that have trillions, don't make out this is secret knowledge that only you know... Your answer to this is inject more money into the game?

The amount of credits available to newbies has been increased. I guess you talk to your sploiter friends and talk em into handing them selves into omnipol because its those that ruin the game. Not funcom for the amount of creds they give new starters. I mean why stop at 50-100k... Why not just hand neebies trillions each upon starting to totally remove any sense of achievement?

If you want to help new players and make it easier for them to earn cash, get gear and stuff - then make appropriate NPC that will give quests and specific advices when completed.
    For example - quest 1 gives direct advice about how and where player can farm credits (what action to do, what mob to kill, what items to loot, where to sell those items and so on).
    Then again, only a minor part of new playerbase knows that this forum exists and checks specific guides here, which is also bad.

I'm clearly sure that new players should be informed about all existing guides and other information that will help them settle up in AO.
    This can be done with various ways, but best way is to make specific NPC to inform new players about all this via quests and dialogues inside the game at starter area.

No need to increase rewards, no need to make millions of creds to drop from a single mob. Just let people know how to earn credits and thats it.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    Eh, how do you propose you know what I have no idea of when you have no idea of what I know?

There are people that have trillions, don't make out this is secret knowledge that only you know... Your answer to this is inject more money into the game?

The amount of credits available to newbies has been increased. I guess you talk to your sploiter friends and talk em into handing them selves into omnipol because its those that ruin the game. Not funcom for the amount of creds they give new starters. I mean why stop at 50-100k... Why not just hand neebies trillions each upon starting to totally remove any sense of achievement?
    You're an idiot. And for the record I've brought some issues to funcom s attention and they chose to ignore it.
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

*grabs popcorn*
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor