Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: special icons

special icons

Can we please have an option to choose between old specials icons (FA, Burst, AS etc) and new?
    New are so dark and the timer is hard to read.
    Or anyone have a new skin gui with old specials?
    Spartans

Agreed. I've found myself forgetting to press special attacks couple of times exactly for that reason. Old icons were also easier to distinguish in general.
    Last edited by Scottik; Apr 25th, 2015 at 17:50:46.

Bump for this. The new icons for special attacks are hard to distinguish.
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

Aye, old icons were easier to distinguish. They were simple but perfect.
    Spartans

Agreed. New ones are to similar to each other, and has to little visual difference between locked and available

Old icons are much better.

Bump for this I hate the new icons almost all new icons but specials the most.

New icons look nice but in terms of ease of use they're confusing and indistinguishable in a fast combat situation. This is bad UI design. Why not give the new icons to some other things/nanos and use much simpler, clearer and more easy to differentiate icons for the basic specials?

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Mega Bump!

I want the old icons back ASAP.

New icons just need more colors that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    New icons just need more colors that is all.
    Not really, they need contrast so that they give a short and simple explanation what they are doing.

Agreed that these icons need some sort of recoloring.

Agree. The new icons are lousy, especially the "search" icon. What was wrong with the magnifying glass icon? I can't tell what the new one is supposed to be. My wife thinks it's a bird's head.

After getting a bit more of an overview I'd say most of the new icons are too similar. Drains, pet cleanse/pet attention. Hell dodge the blame and evasive stance has the exact same icon. Pretty sloppy work...

I agree to this. Also perks and specials were easy to seperate from nanos since they all had the same grayish simple theme. Now its harder to tell the difference since the "rule" is broken.

I've gotten used to them by now but they should colored by attack type though one color for melee one for ranged one for system etc.

I seriously HATE HATE HATE, i cannot stress this enough, I HATE the new control panel icons, they are horrible. almost impossible to distinguish between them while fighting, I aactually have to mouse over them...what's the point in even having the control panel anymroe!? >< PLEASE CHANGE THIS!!!!!!!
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Bump.

the point of an Icon is to be easy to distinguish, unique, and unambiguous.

The new icons are NOT that.

Bump - 100 agree - they look the same
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast