Thread: NPE Suggestions

NPE Suggestions

I've very recently started playing AO again after a long time away, so at this point I'm only moderately better than a new player myself. That being said, I was thrilled to hear about the recent 18.7 update and very pleased with most of the changes that it introduced. I've only had a chance to mess around with the NPE so far, and on the whole I find it to be much more comprehensive and useful than noob island. However, I have two simple suggestions to improve the NPE and make the game somewhat easier for new players.

First, Arete Landing has much higher level monsters than were present on noob island, and many more quests, which makes it significantly easier to level up. This is great for new players, but it also means that they will very quickly exceed the level 10 cap on Neu. Newbie OOC. Without that chat group, Arete Landing is rather lonely, and players will have nowhere to ask for advice. Furthermore, seasoned players who exceed the level 10 cap on Newbie OOC will not be able to guide newer players through Arete Landing, provide any advice, or answer any questions. There does not seem to be any downside in increasing the level cap on the chat group; in my humble opinion, the level caps on the Newbie OOCs should be raised to somewhere in the neighborhood of level 20 to carry players over until they reach a main city and to keep people from feeling as if they *have* to move past Arete Landing as soon as possible once passing level 10.

Secondly, while noob island had the Teleport Tower, Arete Landing has nowhere (that I've seen, at least) for low level players to playshift to try and enter the same GS as their friends. Asking how to change GS was one of the more common questions I saw in chat while I was playing through Arete Landing. If possible, I think it would be very convenient to add a small zone (even as minor in scope as the teleport tower was), or some other mechanic, so that lowbies have an opportunity to meet up with friends or teammates.

Thanks for the incredible update and the hard work! I hope you'll consider these suggestions for the NPE.

Also, the guards in NPE like to KS... was just killing the garbage flea boss, when suddenly an ICC Peacekeeper comes out of nowhere and fires 1 shot to kill it, I get 0 xp and no loot what-so-ever. I was 1/8 of the boss hp left to kill, then a guard comes by and KS's for no xp/loot ...

Please change it so they don't do this.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

As of level 11 toons on Arete have zero public OOC type channels available ... not even "regular" OOC's available on RK. Perhaps a new channel for Arete only ... since all professions start in Arete now. My toon can no longer offer advice or help to others on Arete.

Emma

A channel just for Arete would be really great yes, bump!
    Also, is not not possible to pf shift zone inside the ai ship? Haven't tried.
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Apr 25th, 2015 at 08:19:37.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Hey, michi would you consider making it possible to make AI armor in the NPE? All thats missing currently is Kyr'Ozch Structural Analyzer and basic armor. Would be cool for noobs to see someone they admire and aspire to look like eventually.
    -Equilibrium-
    Perkable - 220/30 Crat
    Enforcblack - 220/30 Enf
    Blacklist - 200/30 Adv
    Blackhawkzz - 200/30 Crat
    Nano93 - 168/23 NT
    Blackhawkss - 164/22 Sold
    Black - 150/20 Enf
    Blackhawks - 126/15 Agent
    Cannibalz - 92/9 Enf
    Blackhawks00 -57/6 MP
    Blackhawkd - 29/3 Tard

Those are already on Arete. I admit the structural analyzer is expensive, but it is there. Basic clothes are part of one of the quests, Leet King maybe.

Emma

Leet King & the Farmer missions have basic fashion piece rewards (random part) and the alien general does drop bots (supple I think) but even if you had the 1m creds the logistics manager wants for the tool, the reqs to use it make it un-possible.