Thread: Hydro Vehicle still ingame and sold?

Hydro Vehicle still ingame and sold?

So what is the point of having terminal selling it with removal of swimming skill? Now it only debuffs run speed... One option could be to put it in line with Kodiak in RS...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

I'm personally ok with it being left in just as a legacy item for fun, but if we want to make it somewhat useful...

What about an "armored carrier"? Have it still restrict fighting, and buff runspeed a small amount, but give a significant amount of ACs, to let you travel through (outdoor) dangerous areas where taking a few hits is inevitable?

I can't imagine it causing any issues with tanking or whatever since you'd be unable to attack or cast and thus couldn't effectively build hate.

Would be cool if it added runspeed but was only usable in water. Could allow it to be used in Shadowlands too maybe along with ground vehicles as the whole ingame reason for no vehicles was really only explained for yalms (and the out of game reason was they wanted to disallow flying to make the zones progression based, while not having to model things people couldn't see from the ground), ground/water vehicles should have been allowed from the start.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Krause View Post
    Would be cool if it added runspeed but was only usable in water. Could allow it to be used in Shadowlands too maybe along with ground vehicles as the whole ingame reason for no vehicles was really only explained for yalms (and the out of game reason was they wanted to disallow flying to make the zones progression based, while not having to model things people couldn't see from the ground), ground/water vehicles should have been allowed from the start.
    This is cool too. I think there's a "player = swimming" tag somewhere in the database already isn't there?

Also, extra points for vehicles in the Shadowlands. It's always bugged me to no end that we have Adonis, a huge zone with no flying and a TON of swimming, and we can't use hydro vehicles there, one of the few places they'd be truly useful! With the amount of running in the shadowlands Kodiaks and Mids might be useful as well. I know I'd consider perking motorist on my newbies