Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broken Shadow Crystals

The trash nano's you've been looting are typical chest drops for the dungeon QL. IE: Serene Sky, Bewilder etc. You may spend dozens and dozens of hours with no results. Some people get lucky, others spend countless hours farming dungeons and still more simply pay the piper and buy them at those crazy prices.

Wow. The people on this thread really need to take a Statistics class.

"I repaired six of these, and didn't get a Weird Looking Nano! Weird Looking Nanos must have a 0% drop chance! Fix the game, Funcom!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheNilvarg View Post
    Wow. The people on this thread really need to take a Statistics class.

"I repaired six of these, and didn't get a Weird Looking Nano! Weird Looking Nanos must have a 0% drop chance! Fix the game, Funcom!"
    I don't see anyone suggesting this idea at all.
    In fact, it seems like you are the one who is exaggerating.

Here's the situation, which some seem to not understand (these numbers are rough guesses):
    18.6 patch: All non-SL nanos drop as a "deteriorated" nano which can be repaired. I think any non-quest nano can drop. Certain nanos have a chance to be "Weird Looking" which alters the nano. Every chest has a chance to drop one of these nanos. The average run through a static would drop 5-6 nanos, approximately every 3 static runs would result in some kind of "Weird Looking" nano. The repair can fail, although the chance is so small it can be ignored.

18.7 patch: Every chest has a chance to drop a Broken or Shattered Shadow Crystal. Here is your first instance of RNG. Broken Crystals can be repaired, Shattered Crystals cannot. Every run through the static produces approximately 5-6 Shadow Crystals, approximately 3 are Broken and 3 are Shattered. Your droprate of usable nanos is reduced by half. Broken Shadow Crystals are repaired and produce a random result determined by a roll. Here is a second layer of RNG. The result of the repair can either 1) break the nano,or 2) produce a nano from an unknown list based on QL of the Broken Shadow Crystal. Your RNG of finding any desirable nano is reduced by this second layer of RNG.

It is, at this time, unknown if Weird Looking nanos can result from repairing the nano, although repairing the Weird Looking nano would ruin the nano in 18.6. It is also unknown if a Weird Looking nano will drop directly from a chest as it did in 18.6.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by sultryvoltron View Post
    I don't see anyone suggesting this idea at all.
    In fact, it seems like you are the one who is exaggerating.

Here's the situation, which some seem to not understand (these numbers are rough guesses):
    18.6 patch: All non-SL nanos drop as a "deteriorated" nano which can be repaired. I think any non-quest nano can drop. Certain nanos have a chance to be "Weird Looking" which alters the nano. Every chest has a chance to drop one of these nanos. The average run through a static would drop 5-6 nanos, approximately every 3 static runs would result in some kind of "Weird Looking" nano. The repair can fail, although the chance is so small it can be ignored.

18.7 patch: Every chest has a chance to drop a Broken or Shattered Shadow Crystal. Here is your first instance of RNG. Broken Crystals can be repaired, Shattered Crystals cannot. Every run through the static produces approximately 5-6 Shadow Crystals, approximately 3 are Broken and 3 are Shattered. Your droprate of usable nanos is reduced by half. Broken Shadow Crystals are repaired and produce a random result determined by a roll. Here is a second layer of RNG. The result of the repair can either 1) break the nano,or 2) produce a nano from an unknown list based on QL of the Broken Shadow Crystal. Your RNG of finding any desirable nano is reduced by this second layer of RNG.

It is, at this time, unknown if Weird Looking nanos can result from repairing the nano, although repairing the Weird Looking nano would ruin the nano in 18.6. It is also unknown if a Weird Looking nano will drop directly from a chest as it did in 18.6.
    Yes, that has been my experience as well. Before 18.7 we got lots of "regular" nano's that needed fixing, often a bag full per dungeon run ... many, many different nano's ... and once in every 3 to 6 full dungeon runs I would see a Weird Nano.

Now after 18.7 patched to Live I have done approx. a dozen full dungeon runs and have seen zero Weird nano's and only 5 different nano crystals (because I visited different sized dungeons) instead of the 8 - 10 bags of nano's with 30 or more different nano crystals I would have looted before 18.7.

Statistically the current chance for a Weird nano to drop may or may not be a similar percentage ... we don't know since we haven't seen one yet ... but the number of Shadow Crystals that drop in a given dungeon are down from 20+ per dungeon to 5 or 6 at best, one at the worst per dungeon. So from a player perspective the drop rate for Weird Nano's has fallen by 80% or more.

To check the nerf in drop rates ... 18.6 it took say 4 dungeons or 75 nano's for one Weird nano ... 18.7 it takes 25 dungeons to see 75 nano's so assuming the same drop rate as before, 25 dungeons to see one Weird nano. 4 dungeons vs 25 dungeons would be a 84% reduction in the drop rate overall, if I did the math correctly.

This is why I think the numbers are significantly nerfed compared to 18.6.

The drop rate for the Shadow crystals needs to be substantially increased (I would suggest 3 or 4 times the current rate) and the possible nano's any given Shadow crystal can turn into also needs to be expanded.

I suppose the up-side of the current situation is that the dungeons are always empty when I arrive and there are no 220's running thru mezzing all the mobs ahead of me.

The down-side is that only the very long term veterans with too many credits will be able to have the benefit of the old improved/weird nano's for their new alts.

Emma

So its been a few weeks and not one confirmed weird drop.
    Guess weirdd now pnly can be obtained by the rich ones. I have no problem about the cost, but it should be a fair chance like before for the others to obtain em. When i made my crats/docs i always set of time to farm em myself, but now id have to somehow farm silly amounts of credits to buy em.

I recently had to drop 40+ bags of junk nanos on a froob alt and delete the froob to be rid of the trash nanos and this was before 18.7 hit live. I never had ICRT or IRT and never will with these changes. Weird nanos should of been made quest reward nanos but fc decided to use them as a scapegoat for a credit sink for the wealthy go figure. When people ask my crat for ICRT I tell them to **** off.

These nanos ("Broken Shadow Crystals") do not should in Itemassistant for some reason, or is it just me that's having trouble with that?
    Slighy out of topic, sorry
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    These nanos ("Broken Shadow Crystals") do not should in Itemassistant for some reason, or is it just me that's having trouble with that?
    Slighy out of topic, sorry
    They show in my Item Assistant as "Broken Shadow Crystal" ... but only until I bring them back to a tradeskiller to "fix". You would not have any on your toons now unless you have been doing dungeon crawls since 18.7 and found some.

Emma

Hiya Mich...could we please have confirmation as to whether the weird nanos no longer drop in SL, and must be bought from the Greedy Shade?

I'll just change my way of leveling if they no longer drop

Also ... the Nano Programming skill to fix these seems to require a very high multiple ... 7 x ql?

Please make this more reasonable such that we can fix our own Shadow crystals instead of requiring a tradeskiller.

It would also be "nice" to know if weird nano's still drop, either as themselves or from a fixed Shadow crystal.

Emma

edit: Assuming weird nano's are Intended to drop then I suggest they drop as "themselves" rather than creating the conflict of wondering if you picked an honest tradeskiller to fix your Shadow crystals ... and to avoid tempting an honest one.

Also, When does the chance to roll (roll between 26 to 75 and 76 to 99 spawns ... ) which choice of nano occur?

When the Shadow crystal is looted by the player? Or, when it is "fixed" by a tradeskiller?
    Last edited by Emma; May 20th, 2015 at 18:53:32.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Dogberry View Post
    Hiya Mich...could we please have confirmation as to whether the weird nanos no longer drop in SL, and must be bought from the Greedy Shade?

I'll just change my way of leveling if they no longer drop
    They'll start dropping again in 18.7.4. Seems many nanos were removed from the possible drops of chests...I'm kind of surprised any have been dropping at all. The rate will be different, but the chance to find Weird nanos will be restored.

Not sure if I'll be able to change all of the reqs to fix all the crystals, but the Greedy Shade versions will drop, and shouldn't need to be cured.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    They'll start dropping again in 18.7.4. Seems many nanos were removed from the possible drops of chests...I'm kind of surprised any have been dropping at all. The rate will be different, but the chance to find Weird nanos will be restored.

Not sure if I'll be able to change all of the reqs to fix all the crystals, but the Greedy Shade versions will drop, and shouldn't need to be cured.
    Thank you for looking into this Michi!!! Your comments above regarding the Greedy Shade versions implies that they will drop as themselves from the chests in the various dungeons ... rather than being "stuck inside" a Shadow Crystal ... am I reading your comments correctly?

Emma

Maybe we should ask michi about the Crypt of home chests also or maybe we`ll get a coh chest dropping for halloween , a unopenable chest to decorate our HQ with

They aren't so far ... I checked two dungeons on Test Live 18.7.4.8, see bug report: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...ls-are-instead .

Emma

Not so far ... now the "old" 18.6 versions are dropping instead.

Emma

Found a weird looking nano, not the one I needed but its enough to confirm they are dropping again

Not sure whether or not they are working correctly though. I did get a weird Soothing Breeze, ql 24 in a 165 dungeon. So indeed they are dropping, but the range seems quite spectacular.

A friend found smoke bomb in ado.

I haven't seen any weird nano's yet, but I am seeing 220's again going thru ahead of me looting all the chests.

However, it seems that the chests are resetting faster, maybe Michi adjusted the timers so leveling toons have a chance of finding stuff also. I have seen chests respawn before I finish a level after a 220 ran thru ahead of me.

Emma

edit: If we are keeping the 18.6 version of shadow crystals vs the 18.7 ones ......

Could we please have the tradeskill process changed to Not consume the tool?
    Last edited by Emma; Jun 22nd, 2015 at 22:52:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    I haven't seen any weird nano's yet, but I am seeing 220's again going thru ahead of me looting all the chests.
    had a Improved Semi-Sentient Augmentation Cloud a169 drop in my usual scheol static and lots of Improved Soothing Breeze q24 , so it seems the ql of drops is so wide , you should beable to go to any static now, not just the old ones we used because they had the right ql to drop the wierd lookings we where after. So try some of the other static might be those aint checked by 220 ahead of you .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12