Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broken Shadow Crystals

Broken Shadow Crystals

These new Broken Shadow Crystals need to drop at a much higher rate than one or two per dungeon if the chance of a dyna, rare or weird nano is as low as it seems to be.

Emma

Have done 6 dungeons from Ely to Ado. So far average 1 broken per dungeon. Every resultant nano was a common, often store buyable, nano. So have to agree that either the quantity needs to be increased, or the loot tables refined to more desirable loot. Either solution would be quite acceptable.

Yes, we used to find 10 to 20 of the prior collection of crashed, broken, dirty, etc. shadow nano crystals in a given dungeon run, with a weird dropping after multiple dungeon runs ... often enough for 220's to camp dungeons looking for them.

Please increase the drop rate of the new Broken Shadow crystals ...

It would also be nice if a toon at the appropriate level to be in the dungeon for the XP could open the locked chests. Does it really need to be 4+ times the size of the dungeon? That even further encourages folks that are too high to get XP to be in there looking for crystals.

Emma

So the entire Corroded/Bullet Hole/etc nanocrystal drop mechanic has been nuked and the only thing that appears in chests now is this Broken Crystal, which you then repair and see what falls out? And the drop rates have been nerfed through the floor?

Well there goes one of my favorite pasttimes in this game, roaming around obscure statics picking up piles of random nanos and the occasional Weird Looking prize.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    So the entire Corroded/Bullet Hole/etc nanocrystal drop mechanic has been nuked and the only thing that appears in chests now is this Broken Crystal, which you then repair and see what falls out? And the drop rates have been nerfed through the floor?

That is how it appears to me at least, based on two days of dungeon crawling ... well in my favorite dungeons up thru Adonis at least.

Emma

OK, after spending time today and yesterday in various adonis dungeons I collected 7 Broken Shadow Crystals and had a tradeskiller "fix" them for me. Of the seven, I got 6 copies of the same agent nano Form of the Executioner ... now I know it is a dyna drop, but 6 of the exact same nano? The 7th broken crystal gave Numbing Shock, an inferno garden nano, but yet another agent nano.

Is this working as intended?

I also collected two ql 198 Broken Shadow crystals ... Both of them shattered. "You start the quantum scanning equipment.
    As you try to repair the crystal it cracks in to two large pieces. If it was broken before, it is rubbish now.
    As you try to repair the crystal it cracks in to two large pieces. If it was broken before, it is rubbish now."

I thought these Broken Shadow crystals were not supposed to break on tradeskilling? Particularly two in a row.

Emma

Edit: And what is this chance based on your last roll in the Broken crystal's description? Are we to take these to different tradeskillers, does it keep track of nano's fixed on previous logins? How does this work?

Edit: A friend did dungeon crawls in Ely dungeons & brought to me to T/S ... three ql 89 Broken Shadow crystals and ALL three produced the same nano - Vulnerability Seeker. Is this working as intended?

It seems to me there should be some variety ...
    Last edited by Emma; Apr 23rd, 2015 at 02:22:21. Reason: additional results ...

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    OK, after spending time today and yesterday in various adonis dungeons I collected 7 Broken Shadow Crystals and had a tradeskiller "fix" them for me. Of the seven, I got 6 copies of the same agent nano Form of the Executioner ... now I know it is a dyna drop, but 6 of the exact same nano? The 7th broken crystal gave Numbing Shock, an inferno garden nano, but yet another agent nano.

I also collected two ql 198 Broken Shadow crystals ... Both of them shattered. "You start the quantum scanning equipment.
    As you try to repair the crystal it cracks in to two large pieces. If it was broken before, it is rubbish now.
    As you try to repair the crystal it cracks in to two large pieces. If it was broken before, it is rubbish now."

I thought these Broken Shadow crystals were not supposed to break on tradeskilling? Particularly two in a row.

Emma

Edit: And what is this chance based on your last roll in the Broken crystal's description? Are we to take these to different tradeskillers, does it keep track of nano's fixed on previous logins? How does this work?

Edit: A friend did dungeon crawls in Ely dungeons & brought to me to T/S ... three ql 89 Broken Shadow crystals and ALL three produced the same nano - Vulnerability Seeker. Is this working as intended?

It seems to me there should be some variety ...
    Sounds like AO's not so random number generator working as intended ;P
    Equilibrium forums https://eqorg.com

You can see the same lack of randomness in the low level Dyna Boss nano drops in Arête. (Also Newland Desert) The nano dropped was always one of three types, agent, fixer, doc. (Names escape me ATM). When I pointed this out I got the old "working as intended" response.

Plenty of loot tables broken as intended. Dungeon spirit mobs drop spirits regularly on SOME days. Mystical and other armor work the same way. Outside mobs suffer from the same non randomness. Predators on most days don't drop sleeves and occasionally drop 3 in a day.

A cyclic loot system would be fine if players had to spend long periods of time in the playfields. The way the loot tables work now turns loot acquisition into a farm for non leveling toons. An excellent way to retain new players... far away from AO.

have found lots of broken shadow crystals, ql 185-195 were ALL Alpha and Omega, and over ql 200 they always were Jail break
    Demawil

Just opened 11 ql 140 broken shadow crystals and 1 ql 160.

Result:
    3 broke - no nano
    5 Nano Crystal (Mimic Profession: Soldier)
    2 Super Charged Nano Crystal (Bewilder)
    1 Nano Crystal (Mimic Profession: Enforcer)

That's rather ****ty loot. I don't mind them all being regular nanos, I only did 2 runs to gather this lot. But some variety, please.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

Even on a different day ALL the ql 89 Broken Shadow crystals became Vulnerability Seaker and the 97 Guard of the Grizzly ...

There must be more nano's in the 90ish quality range than just one per ql of Broken Shadow crystal.

Emma

Do Weird Nano's even drop in these dungeons anymore? Do they drop as Weird? Or, do they spawn from a Broken Shadow crystal?

Has anyone seen one drop/spawn since 18.7 patched to Live?

Emma

210QL:
    NanoCrystal (Jail Break)x2
    Super Charged Nano Crystal (Feet of Lead)x2
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

I have not seen one, but have only done 14 dungeons so far. As I used to get one roughly every three trips (even if most of them were not highly desirable ones), well you do the math.

How does one repair the broken nano crystals now?
    Last edited by If6Was9; May 3rd, 2015 at 06:09:42.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post
    How does one repair the broken nano crystals now?
    You click it, they have a nanoprogramming reg for you to even try and open them, as I read it you have 1/100 for it spawn a crystyal right away before its repaired, that sounds like thats the chance you have for a weird thats a ****ty chance.

roll between 26 to 75 and 76 to 99 spawns differnt nanos ,

so from the old days where we "only" had to be lucky to get a dungeon with a wierd in it, and then had 1/26 to get the right nano if all quality ranges could drop in that dungeon you have have to first be lucky to get a dungeon with some broken crystal in them, then you have 1/100 chance for it to be a wierd and then it has to be the right type , thats alot crappier odds than before.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone found a weird nano since the 18.7 patch?

Quote Originally Posted by wyldebeast View Post
    Just opened 11 ql 140 broken shadow crystals and 1 ql 160.

Result:
    3 broke - no nano
    5 Nano Crystal (Mimic Profession: Soldier)
    2 Super Charged Nano Crystal (Bewilder)
    1 Nano Crystal (Mimic Profession: Enforcer)

That's rather ****ty loot. I don't mind them all being regular nanos, I only did 2 runs to gather this lot. But some variety, please.
    This is very similar to my results.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Did another few dungeon runs, this time with a larger toon. 6 Broken Shadow crystals ... 5 copies of Form of the Executioner and 1 copy of Numbing Shock ... The Exact Same Assortment as my friend got from this ql of Broken Shadow crystals a week or so ago.

No Weird Nano's and a choice of only 2 different nano crystals for a given ql of Broken Shadow crystal. Please fix ... this can't be "as intended".

What is the chance of a Weird Nano? 1 in a Quadrillion+ ... ?

Emma

edit: 160ish Broken Shadow crystals ... 3 Ruse of Taren - 3 and 1 Bewilder
    Last edited by Emma; May 16th, 2015 at 17:14:07.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast