Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Map Navigation Skill

Map Navigation Skill

Any chance we can reset this old skill without taking off all our equipment, etc.?

Emma

Agreed. A quick check in my org and around shows that it's highly wanted: can you imagine re-equiping Alphas and tricky weapons just to get back the points of a skill that was mandatory and that is now deleted (but not reset) ?

Same for swimming (yes many very old players have some swimming)

Chrisax
    MP 220, AL 30, Research 70, active, Born on Rimor
    In AO since 2001
    Founder and elected President of Athen Paladins
    www.athenpaladins.org
    Member of the Clerical Staff of the Council of Truth

swimming and map. nav would make sence to do that with, deprecated and all.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

I agree wholeheartedly. I expected these to just reset without any need to unequipp. Please can you change this so we can realign the IP.

Thanks
    ----------------------------------
    Masirxu - lvl 200 Soldier
    Stormkeep - lvl 107 Keeper
    Stormfix - lvl 102 Fixer
    NicStorm - lvl 134 Advy
    Stormforcer - lvl 131 enforcer
    DrThunder - lvl 121 Doctor
    Stormeta - lvl 121 MP

The IP that is visually in swimming and map nav is not actually there, careful with those resets folks, EG I have never spent a single ip in swimming on my shade but the bar says I have 400+ (652 with spirits equip) IP there, it's not. Resetting it does not give the VISIBLE IP
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    The IP that is visually in swimming and map nav is not actually there, careful with those resets folks, EG I have never spent a single ip in swimming on my shade but the bar says I have 400+ (652 with spirits equip) IP there, it's not. Resetting it does not give the VISIBLE IP
    Maybe you have something weird on your character, but everyone I checked with, and myself, have -as far as we can estimate- an appropriate number of points displayed in those skills compared to what we put in along the years.
    Chrisax
    In AO since 2001
    www.athenpaladins.org

Why the hell do you have points in Swimming and Map Nav anyway?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

This would be very nice obviously, but do they even have the ability to let us reset IP without unequipping everything if they wanted to?

to my knowledge, i never IPd either of those skills and found them maxed when i logged in... WTF? absolutely should be reset to 0 if theyre being disabled anyway and especially if they sucked up points i didnt have a say in placing...
    ""Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" --- Confucius""

too many alts to list, inquire for info. specialties: froobs, fixer, MA, advy, trader/NT

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisax View Post
    Maybe you have something weird on your character, but everyone I checked with, and myself, have -as far as we can estimate- an appropriate number of points displayed in those skills compared to what we put in along the years.
    I did a full IP reset on my keeper before the patch, ended up with 18453500 IP (which should be the usual maximum) and my swimming and map nav bars were still full after the patch.
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

Roll a new toon, check map nav and swimming and you will see the same VISUAL BUG at lvl 1 with out ever spending IP.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by rayje View Post
    to my knowledge, i never IPd either of those skills and found them maxed when i logged in... WTF? absolutely should be reset to 0 if theyre being disabled anyway and especially if they sucked up points i didnt have a say in placing...
    It's just a visual thing, it didn't cost you any IP.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

THERE IS NO IP TO CLAIM IN SWIMMING AND MAP NAV; THIS IS A KNOWN VISUAL BUG FROM TEST LIVE AND BETA, ANY IP IN THOSE SKILLS HAS BEEN REFUNDED TO YOU ALREADY

Is that a little clearer?

Dear big red letters writer, please accept my apology but if what you say is accurate and if this IP has be refunded, then I should have more IP available now than I had before the patch, right? But it's not the case. I have -and everyone I checked with too- the same points now than before the patch.

Is that a little clearer? Now, instead of shouting, you could simply analyze with us what the concern is, with possibly several different cases, so we can provide useful feedback in a clear and simple way to Michi who has already enough on his plate.

@Raggy: if you wonder why some people have IP in such things like Map navigation (and more occasionally Swimming), it's because, long ago, in AO, this was the only way to have all map upgrades. You made implants for map navigation, and use IP for the rest. There was no such thing like perks, no fancy SL / AI items, etc. I speak of a time where we had to gather 70 people to kill Mercenaries in Warrnet. Oh and, in the Stret river, sharks were eating you slowly if they caught you, and having a Yalmaha was luxury at that time, so better swim a bit better! But that's a time not many remember. Michi was there already though
    Last edited by Chrisax; Apr 21st, 2015 at 21:03:59.
    Chrisax
    In AO since 2001
    www.athenpaladins.org

Dear big red letters writer, please accept my apology but if what you say is accurate and if this IP has be refunded, then I should have more IP available now than I had before the patch, right?
    No, wrong.

The maximum amount of IP for any character level has already been calculated for what is possible WITH 18.7 , if you had any of THIS IP in swimming and mapnav over this amount then you now have it back.

IS THIS ANY CLEARER. ?

Roll a brand new toon, check skills window and oh look at lvl one with zero kills you have 1500 ip yet have two maxed skills swimming and map nav.

The big red writing is so people don't waste Mitchi's or their time with an issue already raised on BETA and test live countless times over a year ago and has already been answered.

Don't chase after IP you will not get. It is not actually there.

Roll that new toon and you will see the exact same thing lvl 1 1500 ip maxed map nav and swimming, waste an ip reset and you will still have the exact same 1500 ip.

I remember walking backwards made you do an impression of jebuz over stret river/newland lake and any other water mass in the game.

18.7 you have less ip to spend in total at any level than you did previously because two skills have been removed and one added/modified.
    The new model of max available IP over a new skills set has been changed.

You will never get the skill shown in map nav or swimming, because it no longer exists.

If you try and use a singular reset point, it will not work and you will get an error message.

This is like trying to explain that your life hasn't gotten shorter with the introduction of a new calender to the Romans; as it is to you.
    Last edited by Caloss2; Apr 21st, 2015 at 20:52:53.

You would have to admit that seeing a skill with points in and with a reset button means to any normal person that there is something to reset. Anyhow, assuming you are right, and that's still not very clear, you don't need to be so nervous hey

Then why does my skill window say that I can reset my Map Navigation or Swimming skill for FREE?

Maybe we could get a Funcom answer?

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    Then why does my skill window say that I can reset my Map Navigation or Swimming skill for FREE?

Maybe we could get a Funcom answer?

Emma
    We did over a year ago.

Roll a new toon and try it.

Thinking about this, I really don't see the point.

The only situation I can see this really being a pressing matter would be for someone who's already in their "final" setup, with alphas or whatever other hard-to-twink items they have already on, and they don't want to tear down and retwink their character.

But then... why would anyone ever set up such a character without optimizing their IP? Ask anyone around and they'll tell you that any IP left in swimming or map nav was completely wasted, and you should use your full IP reset before putting on your alphas as well. If you had extra IP tied up in those skills, you were already due a retwink and reset, with or without the skills going obsolete.

Think about the adventuring skill for example, the vast majority of people see 0 use for this skill. I know the only thing I can actually remember using it on is the inf boots which can be easily handled by trickle + imps/symbs. If someone got to 220 and put their alphas on with a bunch of IP in adventuring, and then started whining that they should be given a special gear-on IP reset for it, you'd slap them upside the head and call them stupid!

I'm not going to call you guys stupid or hit you, but I am going to say that this request seems pretty silly and I think you should just bite the bullet and retwink, because you already should have done that before the patch hit if you ask me

i will say, since they changed grid armor to taking bne instead of MC, i was resetting anyway so i did notice factually that they might look full but aren't.
    ""Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" --- Confucius""

too many alts to list, inquire for info. specialties: froobs, fixer, MA, advy, trader/NT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast