Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flying is slooooowwwwwwwww

Flying is slooooowwwwwwwww

Hopping into a yalm used to give you capped movement speed. It doesn't anymore.

Why?

Why why why why why nerf low, slow characters EVEN MORE by nerfing their flying speed?

I just can't figure out how this combined with no more parrot and no more city whompahs is something the game needed. To make new, low, slow characters take even longer to painfully trek out around the huge landscapes of RK and SL

And no, 1 metre per second higher base runspeed does not in ANY WAY make up for this.

Please, someone anyone - how does this improve the game for new players and low levels, to have it take half an hour to get anywhere within reason?

Seriously. I cannot wrap my head around this absolute and utter insanity.
    Last edited by Ophiuchus; Apr 21st, 2015 at 15:52:41.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

It could be unwanted result of changes that were made to swimming/movement speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusagent007 View Post
    Hopping into a yalm used to give you capped movement speed. It doesn't anymore.
    It never has.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    It never has.
    Actually yes it did.

Considering I used a yalm on a level 25 without gsf and it went as fast as my 220 enf with gsf in a yalm.

Would love to hear how you'd explain that one.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

I think it used to set you to a fixed speed and that fixed speed was the same regardless of your level/RS/etc and what yalm you were in.

Anyway, none of this makes one whit of difference to endgame characters, all it does is nerf lower levels. So much for the new starter experience supposedly welcoming new players. They finish that, then BAM huge empty open world it'll take ages and ages and ages to cross just for one mission.

How are appropriate level range characters supposed to get back home after TOTW assuming they survived the experience?
    Last edited by Ophiuchus; Apr 21st, 2015 at 16:14:44.

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union

Yalms gave you a flat movement speed of 2.4-2.5k run speed and wasn't affected by debuffs/buffs, seems it's been changed to move based on your Run Speed now + whatever your yalm gives

welcome to the future

Quote Originally Posted by ByLogic View Post
    welcome to the future
    ...to the future where speed of a car is given by your ability to run. Would be very funny to see that IRL. Less accidents too, cos most wouldn't ppl be even able to reach speed limit, haha.

Yeah, that's a bit stupid. Big point of getting an air vehicle early was the fast standard speed (along with, you know, flying), regardless of your characters speed.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Yalms were always bugged and just buffed your speed to max instead of actually adding the speed they said on them... was why lowest QL possible yalm was always the best. And I guess changing it now to make airspeed a stat that you have to lvl your flying vehicle stat to use and to buy more expensive yalms at high ql is completely unacceptable
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Scottik View Post
    ...to the future where speed of a car is given by your ability to run. Would be very funny to see that IRL. Less accidents too, cos most wouldn't ppl be even able to reach speed limit, haha.
    Literally the Flintstones.

Quote Originally Posted by legendfluf View Post
    actually yes it did.

Considering i used a yalm on a level 25 without gsf and it went as fast as my 220 enf with gsf in a yalm.

Would love to hear how you'd explain that one.
    aomh.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Yalms were always bugged and just buffed your speed to max instead of actually adding the speed they said on them... was why lowest QL possible yalm was always the best. And I guess changing it now to make airspeed a stat that you have to lvl your flying vehicle stat to use and to buy more expensive yalms at high ql is completely unacceptable

But it had been that way for many years, it doesn't make any sense to change it now. Besides it's not very logical, because Flintstones, as Pondo pointed that out. I have the feeling it's one of the "changes" (intended or not) that slipped under Michi's radar, kinda like nodrop tutoring devices.

I bet, its just bug fixed itself. Fc actualy need to FIX A BUG.... =))

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    aomh.
    If you have a link, I'd go back into the past and use it, otherwise it was just part of the game.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

I'm on the fence over this.

On the one hand, making lowbies slower is never good.

On the other hand, it's really silly how the lower quality yalms are more sought after, and there's literally no reason to ever spend IP in vehicle air because the ones you can ride with trickle are every bit as good.

If flying is going to work like this now then it should have a higher base speed. Base speed for forward ground movement is supposed to be 5 m/s now, so make flying start at 10 m/s. I've always thought flying could have a higher cap without running into the claimed sync issues as running, but I of course have no actual idea if there would be any truth to that. Whatever, cap it at 20 m/s and see what happens!

Have you tried using an awesome yalm?
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

How would a lowbie character acquire and more importantly be expected to equip an awesome yalm?

As I said, endgame characters wont even notice this change. It's the lowbie characters that are getting nerfed very hard. The one demographic that did NOT need their movement restricted even more than it has already been restricted. High level characters have a ton of beacons, warps, meeps, casts, clickables, stats for high yalms and high RS. High levels can get from A to B in seconds. Why is it the low level characters getting hit instead?

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast