Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 18.7.3 Live - Discussion

What adv calms? 5min lockout on the AoE and blink-and-you-miss-it duration on the leet ST adds up to a couple of freed-up hotbar slots...

The SL requirements and LE shop to purchase the low version of the auras is unfair, when froobs could cast the previous pre-201 wolf auras.

The PM reqs on the tops morph buffs are ridiculous. We have to find IP from somewhere for Deflect and now PM too? I have grudgingly IP'd for the aura but the massive jump of ~400 extra PM for the instas is terrible.

Walking tree would be funny though. But that might play havoc with the root/snare resist aspect..?

And ofc, bump for Team Parrot. My adv feels so useless trying to help lowbies now.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    What adv calms? 5min lockout on the AoE and blink-and-you-miss-it duration on the leet ST adds up to a couple of freed-up hotbar slots...
    You do realize they can be refreshed/recast right, unlike the old calms? Still, they don't last long enough. And the new Serene Sky line isn't really intended to be an AoE calm, but the cooldown on it is indeed nuts.

The SL requirements and LE shop to purchase the low version of the auras is unfair, when froobs could cast the previous pre-201 wolf auras.
    Generally agreed. The whole aura thing feels like a hasty addition to placate whines about the loss of team-buffing and many people still seem to be unhappy with them.

Walking tree would be funny though. But that might play havoc with the root/snare resist aspect..?
    Havoc in what way? Snares already set you to walk speed. The question in my view is whether a walking root/stun immune tree would be unbalanced. I don't think it would look too goofy either.

Mother wolf/ leader of the pack / howl of the wolf were one of the best nano lines in game.

Here's why:

At first glance they don't appear to do much, if you didn't read the "fine" print you wouldn't even really notice that there were two buffs in one.

For this reason they were a great indicator - an advy with this line while levelling - you could be sure he knew how to play, while, an advy who didn't run it, or didn't have it, you could be sure that he wasn't pulling his weight, and 99.9% of the time it was true.

It goes deeper though, the nanoline gave very good boosts at very important levels, which are and were integral points:

135 is open to 170's (considerably stronger than sub 170 with 1 more perk and 230 symb availability)
    165 is open to 207's (considerably stronger than sub 206 with MR)

The new nanos do not do justice to the critically important PVP range relationships that (some) of us take for granted.

Bit late to the party, but here's my thoughts after playing my advie some since 18.7 went live.

TL;DR - By and large, I'm okay with the direction things are going for us so far, though I think some things still need work.

Morphs
    Given my usual gameplay style, Wolf/Sabre/Tree/Reet don't feel much different to me than before. I already miss the ability to morph others on request though, particularly with Reet.
    Pit Lizard has become considerably more useful for me, with its enormous 11k HP/AC buff at 220. Leet, on the other hand... seriously. The morph/aura themselves I'm fine with, and while I'm... kinda... pleased we get a 'proper' mezz... it's 30s with a 10s cooldown. What. And our 'pull' nano has a whopping 5 minute lock. Again... what.
    I'm very happy, though, that you can swap from one morph (except Reet, of course) into another on the fly.

Auras
    As above, not feeling much different about them compared to pre-18.7. I don't mind having to recast them when I switch morphs, since I have to do that with Poisonous bite anyway. Kin of the Tarasque could use a tweak though, to keep it from knocking my HP down 1100 points every time it refreshes (since I either heal, or my HD fills it up before the aura cycles).

18s morph buffs
    Aside from Hide of the Cerberus with its ridiculous 1444 PM req... I'm happy with these, I think, though I've only used Sabre/Pit Lizard thus far.

Perks/Procs
    Beckoning is now our version of Supressive Horde, which makes me very happy. By and large, I have no problem with the changes here.

Other stuff - The Good
    Very happy Invocation of the Phoenix became a proper CH, with a reasonable cast time... I can live with the 60s cooldown on it.
    Also happy that our little Spirit Tech fountains can be used anywhere, quite handy for doing ground raids.

Other stuff - The Bad
    Why on earth do we have an Agent-level Aimed Shot buff? I know Eagle Eye/Team Eagle Eye used to add 20 Aimed Shot, but... *sigh* I guess since us melee folks get access to the Sneak Attack buffs previously restricted to Shades, it's only fair. Doesn't do anything to curb the prevalence of the LOLpistol though, unfortunately. On the other hand, AS can be cranked down to 11s with some work, while Sneak Attack is still 45s, so... go figure.
    Really going to miss the Wolf perception buffs... while the Adventurer gained a substantial amount of self-buffable Perception (assuming level 220, +1400 currently, vs. +980 pre-18.7), our ability to buff other people (for putting in scopes or what have you) has decreased 300 points.
    Quite disappointed Wolf/Sabre morphs lost their instaheals, makes me less interested in using them.
    Proud Leaders and Members of Obsidian Order: Our Recruitment Thread!
    Khaldore: 220/30 Advie // Khalculus: 220/27 Engi // Medsareus: 209/20 Doc // Khalicokat: 196/20 Shade
    Phearitself: 210/22 Enf // Politikhal: 200/24 Crat // Khavalier: 218/24 Keeper // Gridburst: 203/24 Fix
    Various other random alts.

Necromachina: In AnarchyOnline Engineers play you? Technogen: God, that explains so much more than I ever wanted to know.
    Snakebite: OH GOD! OH GOD! THERE'S SMOKE EVERYWHERE! HAS ANYONE SEEN THE OFFICE CAT???
    Anarrina: I think this issue has been sufficiently discussed. If you have any further questions, please contact life support or email.

So is the 1444 PM requirement on Wolf insta being looked at? I object to having to dump a huge load of IP into a completely new nanoskill just to cast ONE nano that got foisted onto us at the same time as Deflect. If there are no plans to change either the amount of PM needed, or which nanoskills it runs off entirely, then please let us know and I'll just use the lower one. It is not THAT good.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12