Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 18.7.3 Live - Bugs, Suggestions and other Problems

Sparrow Flight bug appears to be fixed as of 18.7.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Timba View Post
    As a social suggestion since we are the only ones having exclusive morphs (not counting grafts here), there could be a way to make a nano that "cycles" morph appearances? Like the current top sabre morph has an orange tint, we could cast this nano to make it blue, green, etc? Same for the Wolf, Lizard or normal leet forms. Hell, why not the Reet into a different coloured parrot?
    Any opinions?
    Would love to be able to cycle the visual appearance of my morph,
    like in http://forums.anarchy-online.com/att...9&d=1329270045 :3

It would be nice if "Return to Form" worked while in Parrot form too.
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendaar View Post
    It would be nice if "Return to Form" worked while in Parrot form too.
    Yes that would be great however you aren't able to cast anything in flight. Therefore the "nano"should become an action that bypasses that flight check. Not sure if that can be dane withing a "nano".. I'll add it to the table.

Any opinions?
    Would love to be able to cycle the visual appearance of my morph,
    like in http://forums.anarchy-online.com/att...9&d=1329270045 :3
    Do I have thought about that one. !!! YES please. It might not be possible for all the morphs but woud be great to distiguish faction (and even the neutrals). Should work just like the Scorpio Tank armor.
    Bird has enough taxtures as well. and even tree has 2 or 3 different textures. Not sure abouth wolf, leet or dragon. But it shouldn't be that hard would it? Then again this would be just an Extra ontop of the already growing list of things. I'll add it and we'll see where it ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    Yes that would be great however you aren't able to cast anything in flight. Therefore the "nano"should become an action that bypasses that flight check. Not sure if that can be dane withing a "nano".. I'll add it to the table.
    maybe an action that removes flight nanos (like Sparrow Flight, Phasefront Stuff, Quantum Wings) and morphs but not vehicles like Yalms would be nice for everyone to have.
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

Having played around with this 1hand Edged Focus perk requirement for perks to even fire, I can safely say that I loathe and despise it. Why can't we get a proper solution to the hotswap perk doubling crap instead of this horrible, butchered, limiting system that screws over melee profs that didn't even make use of that crap?

Yes, I very mad.

EDIT: You must recently have 1-Handed Edge Focus running! You must recently have 1-Handed Edge Focus running! You must recently have 1-Handed Edge Focus running! You must recently have 1-Handed Edge Focus running! You must recently have 1-Handed Edge Focus running!
    Last edited by Ophiuchus; Aug 30th, 2015 at 20:30:36.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    Having played around with this 1hand Edged Focus perk requirement for perks to even fire, I can safely say that I loathe and despise it. Why can't we get a proper solution to the hotswap perk doubling crap instead of this horrible, butchered, limiting system that screws over melee profs that didn't even make use of that crap?

Yes, I very mad.

EDIT: You must recently have 1-Handed Edge Focus running! You must recently have 1-Handed Edge Focus running! You must recently have 1-Handed Edge Focus running! You must recently have 1-Handed Edge Focus running! You must recently have 1-Handed Edge Focus running!
    Yes I'm very much aware of this change and I think we all hate this untill we faced a 1HE/1HB Enforcer in PvP one on one with everything binded to 1 key... Then we all: Whaaaaat! O.o, hackz etc. and logged and started to roll an Enf our selves. On the other side, some ranged specials had the chaining up from perks already and not to mention the Shade were the worse when there chain got broken.

I rather see it changed back to what it used to be, with a slight different change.

The first perk in any weapon line is the damage booster adding 66% of the original damage a perk should do (For shades I have another idea but this might not be the right post for that...). Perks will do there 100% only if the first perk is running.
    If the first perk is not running only 33% of the perks damage is calculated, you can't have the first perk running for 2 lines simultaniously however that will not effect the perks specials or the order you want to use them.
    The first perk effect will last 5min //hostile - cant be removed/ can't be overwritten (or something about 3 full cycles of all the perks in that weapon line).

The 33% damage will nerf damage alot for PvP and as you can't run the first perk on 2 lines that will exclude atleast one line for PvP damage dealing-chains. It will however give you the freedom of using any order of perks again. The duration of the first perks 5min (or so) will illiminate swapping to other weapon lines and the full use of a second perk-line.

I think there is a thin line between the amount of damage that can be stacked by useing multiple weapon lines, the specials attached to those wepaonlines-perks and the skill of the player to make full use of all those tools. It used to be a kind of play "skill" to use so many diffent perks in the right order in PvP. Binding-keys kinda took that fun away..

When I play my Enf in PvM I use the AoE stun first as I want that to cycle as much as possible. Currently I can't and the first perk/ recharge slows me down by alot. I dont use it for the damage.. In the proposition above I could use it the old way by either giving up 66% if my first perk is down or it's full potential when the first perk is up.

Another example could have been my Engie that uses Pistol and Ranged energy combination. The RE-perkline adds a good amount of damage and unique perk specials and the Pistol-line is pure DD. The RE weapon is an ABC which I only use for its AS in PvP and a Dreadloch rapier for PvM. As the ABC isnt a 100% RE weapon the perks can't be used for PvP but when I use the Dreadloch in PvM the specails do add up nicely.

The way we use our perks realy depends on the use of the toon. This nerf of perks realy hits hard on both PvM and PvP while the main complaints where on behalf of PvP and stacking of many high (almost sure hitting) damage perks from mutiple lines.
    Last edited by Zwelgje; Aug 31st, 2015 at 12:07:13.

I run through a inf static dungeon yesterday and I couldn't open any chest for 15 sec after calming a mob with Pr0n0unc3m3nt 0f Sl33p1n3ss.
    There are a few things you can't do after calming something and I see no reason why.
    Angler - Level 220/30 Adventurer - RK 3-> RK 1 -> RK - PVP Equip - DMG Equip

I found today people morphed with Calia's Form: Sabretooth. When asked, they did not reply where they got it from, but it was obvious they were recently buffed. I won't name people but one was a Keeper and one was an Enforcer and an Engineer - I assume since the nano wasn't Calia's Form Sabretooth (Other) that it's some bugged nano they have uploaded, or something.

Can Michi be notified so this can be fixed? The other nanos were removed, it should be Adventurer only.

Found today (05-10), here's a pic: http://i.imgur.com/Q93KPM9.png
    Last edited by Timba; Oct 5th, 2015 at 22:05:42.
    Anarchy Online Concept Art Gallery
    Lazy "Timba" Sabretooth - 220/30/80 - Fire kitty
    Very "Timbats" Much - 220/22/xx - Tradeskiller for hire!
    Timbamf - xx/xx/xx - upcoming tanky
    Spray "Airwick" Alloveryou - 60/6/14

All the morphs(other+team) are back ingame but there is no way to make the nanocrystals.

What you likely saw was team versions which have the same name as the self version.

Well that's crappy for us people who had it removed. And it's totally against our unique morphs to have others with them ;(
    Anarchy Online Concept Art Gallery
    Lazy "Timba" Sabretooth - 220/30/80 - Fire kitty
    Very "Timbats" Much - 220/22/xx - Tradeskiller for hire!
    Timbamf - xx/xx/xx - upcoming tanky
    Spray "Airwick" Alloveryou - 60/6/14

Well that's crappy for us people who had it removed. And it's totally against our unique morphs to have others with them ;(
    All of this. I see people whose advys were not logged in for the period when they got yanked, so they still have some of their morphs. Meanwhile those of us who have been logging in all this time got ours removed after 18.7 with no way to replace them. I tried to TS the disks I found but they just turn into shattered nanocrystals.

It feels like a giant FU middle finger to me in particular becasue losing the ability to morph others, especially to help lowbies out, was the bitterest blow of 18.7 for advies like me.

Yes, I mad again.

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union

All of this. I see people whose advys were not logged in for the period when they got yanked, so they still have some of their morphs. Meanwhile those of us who have been logging in all this time got ours removed after 18.7 with no way to replace them. I tried to TS the disks I found but they just turn into shattered nanocrystals.

It feels like a giant FU middle finger to me in particular becasue losing the ability to morph others, especially to help lowbies out, was the bitterest blow of 18.7 for advies like me.

Yes, I mad again.
    I've not had the time to test all this. I might have a Froob Advy that I didn’t log in between (I hope, or I'll ask a friend Advy that just returned for the free month..) and should have some Morphs other/ team (if this bug is still around). If this is correct, then this has to be fix one way or the other.

Either the Nano's and Disks should return or all nano’s should correctly be removed like in the first place, true a big annoyance but something that we’ll survive (FC’s new way for a cred sink? O.o ). The way things get implemented atm are on a sand-box (SRCUM method?) kind of fashion, or so it feels like it. Lets hope the fix will be around before be can blink our eyes.

I’ll address these issues right away, if it’s not already been picked up.

Hey Zwelgje,
    i just want to confirm this. There are orgmembers who logged in during halloween and have fun with morphing others and when I build a nanocrystal from my instruction disc ist didn't work, like Ophi wrote :/
    Angler - Level 220/30 Adventurer - RK 3-> RK 1 -> RK - PVP Equip - DMG Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Angler View Post
    Hey Zwelgje,
    i just want to confirm this. There are orgmembers who logged in during halloween and have fun with morphing others and when I build a nanocrystal from my instruction disc ist didn't work, like Ophi wrote :/
    Thank you and I've mail Michizure about this. Lets hope a solid fix is incomming soon.

What about other nanos? I had a fixer that had Improved Semi-Sentient Augmentation Cloud. The nano changed, and it disappeared from my fixer. Now there's a new version, and I no longer have it. I contacted a GM and he told me that there's no way to prove that I had it before, so he won't restore it to me. I'm left with either farming another (drop rate is abysmal now it seems) or spending a small fortune at the Greedy Shade.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Ha, yeah. Hm... Especially since many of my alts lost nanos like this... I purpose prices on greedy be lowered by 75%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    Thank you and I've mail Michizure about this. Lets hope a solid fix is incomming soon.
    Is this going to be one of the things fixed in the upcoming profession tweak patch Michi hinted at? Now we're past the xmas hols and all...

Geif my morph others back so I can at least be like all the other advs who showed up fashionably late to the post-18.7 party

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union

Hopefully the the target other morphs will not be removed. My advy was born in Christmas 2004 and would be really sad to see those morphs gone (or keep them at least as a veteran benefit!) Just limit the team benefits and not remove other morphs. I use those morph regularly to buff new toons RS in shadowlands. There's no harm done for anyone about it. Only thing I use my adv for actually.

Btw. is there updated list where to get Adv nanos (at least endgame)?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast