Thread: 18.7 Patchnotes : Tutoring Devices & Grafts

18.7 Patchnotes : Tutoring Devices & Grafts

I did not see mention of tutoring devices becoming NODROP with 18.7 ... did that change get reversed? Also, I thought I remembered the decision on grafts was reversed, but I see them going away in the patchnotes.

Emma

Tutoring devices going nodrop? Was that an intentional change before?

I hope it's being scrapped becasue really, why would they need to be nodrop? That and all mine are on a mule which would really suck >.<

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Tutoring devices are NODROP in the 18.7 branch.
    As for grafts, they're simply buyable from an NPC, but still YESDROP.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    I hope it's being scrapped becasue really, why would they need to be nodrop? That and all mine are on a mule which would really suck >.<
    Agreed. I too have stored my tutoring device collection on an alt and fetch them as needed. Seeing that I have to distribute them "correctly" tonight doesn't fill me with happiness.
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

Well those 2 bags of tutoring devices I have squirreled away on a bank mule somewhere are suddenly as useful as a lead balloon. Thanks funcom

Not sure I understand why this was even done. This just leaves the emphasis on the kind tradeskiller you've spent ages hunting down to have to go out looking for the correct level tutoring device for the treatment library tradeskill. Basically meaning if you don't have one already.. You probably won't be getting one unless you have a ts monkey as an alt?

This really is a pointless, uneeded and unwanted change. I don't understand - how was having them yesdrop so drastically overpowered it had to be changed?

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union

I'll give this a +1 as an unwanted change.

It's bad enough having to hop store to store and usually only find a tutoring device that's "close enough". I am definitely not a fan of not being able to save it on a bank toon for a later project, or having to run a low level twink toon around, in general. I'm specifically talking about Computer Literacy Tutoring devices, but it doesn't make sense any of them would be NODROP.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Funcom employee

I am not sure of why this change was made, nor do I feel very strongly either way...I'll add it to my list of things to change for 18.7.1.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    I am not sure of why this change was made, nor do I feel very strongly either way...I'll add it to my list of things to change for 18.7.1.
    Perfect, thank you!
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Yep, I got backpack of 200QL them stored on my mule for future use...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Thank you Michizure !!!

Emma

Thank you Michizure

LeQuack

Was there an issue with these? I do not see them in the 18.7.1.0 T/L patchnotes as returning to yes-drop.

Emma

I don't see this changed in the 18.7.1 patchnotes..?

I've put on hold CL twinking several characters because my bags of CL tutoring devices are bound to a mule

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union

I guess this did not make it into 18.7.1 patch ... ?

Emma