Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wishlist

Wishlist

List of changes we'd like to see (Older wishlists can be found Here, Here, Here, Here, Here, Here, and Here):

UPDATED 10/01/2009

Immunities:
    nothing like having that random nobody resisting every blind or root attempt...
    Team Friendliness:
    if loX showed something it's that we're now considered a good choice for a DD role in team, but still not the first choice... we don't have anything that makes us worth inviting...
    Nano Pool and Regeneration:
    As Enforcers have multiple HP buffs in their Essense-series of nano programs, NTs should have similar nano programs at the lower levels that increase our nano pool like Izgimmer's Wealth.
    We could use some updates to our nano regen nanoline.
    NT Cooperation:
    There aren't enough incentives for NTs to cooperate.
    Defensive Nano Programs/Perks/Situations:
    There are not enough situational PvP defences.
    We still can't blink-teleport.
    We still have no illusion/distraction nanos based on holography.
    GTH not being removable out of BS, and NSD/drain/UBT/snare/whatever procs not being removable at all.
    ADDED 10/01/2009 NT-specific healing- We have very few self-healing options, whether they be nano program-based or perk-based... Maybe a self-only nanoprogram that converts nano points to hit points (must have a high nanocost or drain to prevent overuse/spamming)
    Casting Caps and Lockouts:
    We still have capped 2s cast times, meaning using /assist in raids kills your DPS. Along with it slowing down gameplay...
    UPDATED 10/07/2009 Offensive and Defensive Focus lockout times are too damn long-- Why must we wait a half hour before switching from PvM to PvP or vice versa? Reduce the lockout time, or have the nano program terminate upon entering the Battlestation or provide us a nano program that can terminate the Focus lockout.
    Nano casting:
    We still can't cast while running, even at a penalty.
    We still don't have an auto nuke so lag directly effects our DPS.
    We still can't dual/triple execute nano programs, meaning we have to slowly choose between offencive and defencive actions.
    What about that you can upload a nuke to your cyberdeck, that decides what damage type you do? Example: Upload IU and you get radiation. Upload IEF and you get fire.
    Visual:
    Our OFAB is fugly.
    SL nukes need to have differences to their visuals-- possibly different colors reflecting the type of damage.
    LoX Booster Items and Rare Items:
    There aren't enough rare / special nano programs to keep the oldies searching and active... We didn't get anything cool in the LoX expansion
    Kicker of Kell was a nice letdown.
    Perks:
    Program Overload Debuff should not exist. Or at least be in the same nanoline as NSD, so it can be removed.
    Nanomorph perkline is a bit useless except for maybe Tick in a nanodrain setup.
    Peels layer should effect every layer. Including coon and nanomage booster.
    With the current changes to perk damage (that being damage-dealing perks will have the same damage type as the wielded weapon), then we will need an update to our Layers nanoline.
    Level Scaling, Damage, and Alpha Ability:
    NT still not being a DD prof below 215.
    Expand Detonation Matrix nuke mechanics to permit more non-spammable instacast nukes.
    Last edited by Crisalys; Oct 7th, 2009 at 15:47:20. Reason: Updated List on October 7, 2009
    Christine "Crisalys" Kochanski 220/30/70 Nanomage Nano-Technician

License Plates: 2007 / 2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011 / 2012 Plate Debate has ended!

Crisalys was born on Fri, Mar 29, 18:48:45, 2002, and as of November 6, 2011, 04:11 GMT,
    Crisalys has played 482 days 15 hours 48 minutes 36 seconds

There is DEFINITELY no letter "A" in the word DEFINITELY.
    What annoys you most at work?

Quote Originally Posted by Crisalys View Post
    So, would you, the NT Community, feel this is a fair assessment of our current status?
    Pretty much. Only things that still piss me off are
    - flat immunities: nothing like having that random nobody adventurer resisting every blind or root attempt...
    - team friendliness: if loX showed something it's that we're now considered a good choice for a DD role in team, but still not the first choice, a soldier will be prefered for the DD and team reflects, a keeper for the DD and team fear resist, a shade for DD and tankage ability...

But that's kinda nitpicking, the prof is overall in a good shape imo. I will wait the Prof Balancing Act though before I feel safe
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

{Edited by Venachar: Original work of troll art was removed, so getting rid of this as well}

Why is that lol? Phenom 2 are the phatest gaming CPUs this side of xmas. Though personally I have an X3 as that outperforms every other CPU for gaming unless you sit with 2 or more highend GPUs and run your games in 2560x1600 in which case you'll want an i7. Otherwise, waste of money.
    Last edited by Venachar; May 4th, 2009 at 23:58:25.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

actually, screw the system, but give me those SSDs. Wonderful shiny little things. Lovely indeed for those that access loads and loads of tiny small files in rapid succession.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

The SSDs are my C:\ drive in RAID-0. Zoning in AO is near instantaneous.

I do admit the whole system is mucho overkill to play AO on, but I use my desktop for audio, video and photo editing as well... and due to living space limitations, I don't have a television, so I have my cable box plugged into a video capture card (a Hauppage WinTV-HPV-1600) and watch TV in a window on the desktop.

But anyway, to address the Shrubb's reference to team friendliness: If NTs had a consistent damage scale as AO grew (that is, if we were at the top of the PvM damage charts for the last eight years, rather than receiving most of our damage enhancements over roughly the last two), I think the general AO community would consider us much more team friendly. In the past we just didn't have the tools to keep up with everyone, and right now, that's our Achilles' heel. Now that we have them, we have the task of turning that perception around. We're doing that, albeit gradually. The profession balancing patch(es) will help too, I agree.

Crisalys was born on Fri, Mar 29, 18:48:45, 2002, and as of November 6, 2011, 04:11 GMT,

I know I've not been in game for about 6-7 months now (back soon™) but back then our nano regen for NBG sucked and so did flat out direct resistances to various nanolines.

Both still exist and have not been adressed. In fact Izgimmer's Wealth has made the nano regen issue worse and even more nanolines have been given direct resistance counters that we cannot do bugger all to beat.

Damage has at least been bossted, but overall we are in fact going in the wrong direction...

Resistances are the worst, in fact I think they are complete bull****. If someone has lots of NR you twink nanoskills to land nanos on them, if a prof has high evades then whatever prof just twinks there attack rating etc etc.

If someone has direct resistance...sod all we can do about it, can twink to having 20 million in nanoskills and still won't land anything. That is utter crap.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

I agree that total and complete resistance to our toolset is crap. If we had the ability to take absolutely no damage (either due to evades or shields) in perpetuity against any profession or damage type (melee or ranged or nano), the AO community would be all over it like bees on honey, cryin' "Nerf NTs! They resist anything I do- no fair!"

You'd have thought that FC would have learned something from the Dust Brigade Quest debacle with the Mort Turrets.

I also agree that we need to have some upgrades to our nano regeneration subset. The recent massive nano pool drains we're finding in the Xan team instanced zones are proof of this (a Doc with zero nano pool can't heal very effectively). I would say that Doctors and NTs are near polar opposites- while we use nano programs to do damage, they use nano programs to heal... and while they are the "masters of hit point regeneration" (so to speak), we should be the "masters of nano point regeneration" to complete the pairing.

But if I can also play devil's advocate for a minute, One could argue that NTs are also the only profession that, with absolutely no nano or perk casting, can refill our base nano pool to full by doing... nothing. Our nano delta (thanks to our profession-specific perks and/or equipment) is completely unparalleled compared to any other profession. After death, our nano pool will fill itself on it's own before our rez-shock is finished, which few if any other professions can claim. This alone makes it difficult to push for a high-powered "Complete Nano-Healing" buff along the same lines as a Doctor's Complete Healing nano.

I think our biggest proactive argument for a boost to our nano regen toolset will be team nano heals. As far as I know, team HP heals that Docs use can be cast both in solo and team environments, so we could argue that team nano heals should have the same effect. I'm also thinking of both one-time buffs as well as short-term team "NoT"s (like (like +2000 nano to each team member, or +500 per second for 10 seconds all team members). I'd also like to see the lockout for Izgimmer's Wealth removed-- I can live with the Notum Ravager nano vulnerability debuff while the pool is being filled, but it's unlikely that someone is going to want to be that vulnerable to nano damage for 20+ seconds (as they would by casting IW back to back), nor want to try to cast it in the middle of a firefight. Removal of the IW casting lockout seems justified.

In any case, the implied "what do you think of the state of NTs today?" question was more in terms of PvM more than PvP. I've always been an advocate of "teamability" for NTs, although I'm certainly proud of our soloing NTs (including you, Nanofox, 'o LoTV killer!). I believe we were truly designed to dish out damage, while other professions were designed to take damage (Enfos) and remove damage (Docs). With our significant damage boosts over the last few expansions, I'd say we are truly an asset to any team, rather than a leeching liability. As I mentioned previously though, we've been perceived by the other players as a liability for years, and now that we've been given the tools, we (the NT Community as a whole) have been working to change that perception.
    Last edited by Crisalys; May 5th, 2009 at 09:11:42.

Thats a pretty nice looking puter ya got there crys.

Will be nice with the new engine hopefully

/me waves hi to everyone

It is funny the way things change over time. I used to read our forum most of the day. It was the most active forum, but over time as nt's have become more workable we just have less to talk about

Well, that and Elysium kiting has become a non issue, those were most threads, we suck or screw kiters.
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2
    Contagion 220 Clan Doc RK2

Proud wielder of the Pitchfork of Satenia

Last post was Steveo a week ago- Is that it? The only two issues we have in today's game are Nano Regen and 100% Resistance? Are people that happy with their NTs?

Last post was Steveo a week ago- Is that it? The only two issues we have in today's game are Nano Regen and 100% Resistance? Are people that happy with their NTs?
    No, quite the opposite.

There arn't enough incentives for NTs to cooperate.
    There arn't enough rare / special nano programs to keep the oldies searching and active.
    There are not enough situational PvP defences.
    We still can't blink-teleport.
    We still have no illusion/distraction nanos based on holography.
    We still can't cause orbital strikes.
    We still arn't a useful team member at ANY TL - we're not required or even that beneficial at some ranges.
    We still have capped 2s cast times, meaning using /assist in raids kills your DPS. Along with it slowing down gameplay.
    We still can't cast while running, even at a penalty.
    We still don't have an auto nuke so lag directly effects our DPS.
    Offencive and Defencive focus still last 30m instead of 20 seconds.
    We still can't duel/triple execute nano programs, meaning we have to slowly choose between offencive and defencive actions.
    NBS is pointless.
    Our OFAB is fugly.
    We didn't get anything cool in the LoX expansion, which actually cost money! I unwittingly paid extra for disappointment, nias. ><
    Kicker of Kell was a nice letdown.

And so on... and on... and on...

Just hurts a little to list it all every time so i tend to avoid doing it all at once.
    Last edited by Nanofat; May 12th, 2009 at 08:27:21.

Main problem with NTs is how useless we are in PVM. No raid/instance team ever thinks of picking a NT if they can pick a <insert ao profession here> instead. Apart from decent damage on high hp mobs we don't have anything that makes us worth inviting, and even the damage is useless if the team doesn't have an enforcer (hello aggro and reclaim in most cases).

I think nt's could do with some pvm love. I'd love to see NTs get something original in pvm that makes us worth inviting.

we don't need pvm love just some kind of support buff that makes people want to invite us.
    we are already one of the highest dps profs in game with SI DM.
    Squad Commander of Lex Noctis
    'Larp' 220/22 Atrox Enforcer Phats
    Ohne "Qixote" Dich 220/30/70 Solitus Nano-Technician Phats
    Cellar "Shiae" Door 165/22 Solitus Adventurer Phats
    Little 'Twinks' Boy 21/2 Atrox Enforcer

Lockouts. There you go. FIIIIIX THEMPLZ!
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

I know some are already in the wish/bug list, but my main concerns would be :

- This should not exist. Or at least be in the same nanoline as NSD, so it can be removed. Seriously. I *hate* that. That is does not give us the damage boost 1%of the time, maybe, but it should not shut us down completely for 32s without anything possible to do to get back in buisness.

- off/def focus lasting far too long. 1-2 minute would be enough, or removed on death, or a speedcapped nano to remove currently running focus. Keep in mind that currently, to change the running focus, we can't use NS2 nor LE nukes for 30 minutes.

- resistances

- NT still not being a DD prof below 215.

- GTH not being removable out of BS, and NSD/drain/UBT/snare/whatever procs not being removable at all.

- Even if not NT specific, the Nanomorph perkline is a bit useless, except for maybe Tick in a nanodrain setup. Peels layer should effect every layer. Including coon and nanomage booster.

- Last, but not least, more NT-specific items would be nice.
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

Eveything Molotoff said but two things especially piss me off: GTH and off/def focus duration. Why do I have to sit around for half an hour to switch from one playstyle to another. Even agents got TP, why not give NTs something similar? Or make it removable on death, or just shorten the duration. And WTB more GTH resistance. Yes I got alpha symbs in but so far I haven't seen a single GTH resisted.
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

Updated List based on NT Community input... See First Post

Ok, here is my list of issues:
    1) If pistol perks in 18.1 are going to have 80% dodge check, almost every pistol user will be able to perk us, including some docs. 80% check means we are loosing ~400 (!) dodge.
    2) Retarded 110%+ blind resist.
    3) Nano regen.

What i d like to see eventually, is those 2 things happening at the same time :

- Hotswappable cyberdeck : open the door to an entire new world of creativity in pvp, from AS to SA hotswap - eventually add a "Combined MA skill" on the cyberdeck, so we can stab people with it :P We have the spare IP to spend i think too.

- A lock on LE tripple, like 1 minute, with a little dmg increase on em, or a closer dmg range, so that when it hit you can predict how much it ll do. Would make tripple a situationnal alpha tool, combined with our hotswap possibilities. At the moment, i feel like we do need the tripple to kill some prof that require an alpha : agent, docs, advies, engy and keeper to an extent to kill em b4 they coon, or you know the fight will last way longer. In the fight vs traders that spam GTH on us, they ll be needed too, and with AS / SA hotswap we may then try to alpha em b4 that we are totally screwed by their toolset. All in all, lock tripple to reduce the OP effect they can have when spammed in mass pvp or on low HP target, but keep em to give us more alpha potential. I don t feel the same about double as they aren t that deadly : i consider double being our regular dmg with IU (Double is odding IU in pvp whenever the target runs RRFE, which happens quite often).

Btw what can yall push in matter of alpha dmg ?

vs a 25k HP doc with 13% reflect and +55ish nano dmg with prog overload, i see me doin something beetween 15k to 23k in 2 second (tripple cast)

approx DM 4500 + 3K/6K supernova + 3k CoNC + 6K/11K tripple

That s why i think we lacking a bit of alpha power ^^

Because you can't alpha kill a 220 doc in ubergear? O.o
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast