Thread: New bs system and neutrals

Question New bs system and neutrals

For a long time, when neutrals asked for a board better than regular Xan ones, close to Xan sided ones, people objected that most of sided players
    would turn neutral mostly to join any of the two queue, damaging clan/omnis population.

Starting from 18.7 bs will be Red vs Blue, so faction indipendent.

Will be possible for neutrals to have a token(?) based board avaible, close to sided ones stats?
    *Rooh*

{edited for inappropriate content}

I think the problems that Neutrals have at the moment stretch alot further than token board access.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Agreed 100%.
    There is almost no incentives at all to roll new Neutral alts not only because of BS but also new Inferno missions, because ability to team any side is now available to everybody ...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Omni-Tek is your friend

but neuts already have the option for a better neckboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    I think the problems that Neutrals have at the moment stretch alot further than token board access.
    like the fact that they think they're a real faction?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    but neuts already have the option for a better neckboard. like the fact that they think they're a real faction?
    Neuts have always been a very odd addition to AO. I believe they were originally there only for an RP perpsective on the game.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

They need to get a unique social item ; a portable fence they can put down and sit on. While clans and omni do their thing

Totally agree with this, as well as Raggy. A better token board would benefit Neuts, and they need other help as well. Omni vs Clan has been progressively balanced as the game went on (it looks like Kegern/Jathos could be the next target), and Neutrals should be included in this process more.

like the fact that they think they're a real faction?
    I made a post about this not long ago, but let me try to summarize.

There's not one conflict on Rubi-Ka, there are two. The first is Clans vs Omni-Tek, Clans want their freedoms and Omni-Tek wants the land/businesses they rightfully own. Neutrals really don't care about this conflict because either side winning is a lose-scenario for them. This conflict is where the name "neutral" comes from, as well as the image of "Clans, the harbingers of freedom".

The second conflict is the one Tower Wars and most if not all of the actual game mechanics are based around, the actual fight over Rubi-Ka herself and the resources involved. The neutrals are indifferent to the previous battle because they want to win this one, which means pushing both the other factions off the planet. The Clans and Omni-Tek can still exist, but not with large-scale Rubi-Ka exploitation/domination as they do now. The other two factions have the same goal, they've got to remove both the "opposite" faction and the neutrals, who would continue to fight them even after a "victory". It's a three-pronged war and neutrals play a very real role. Tangentially, this is where the image of "Clans, the brutal terrorists" come from.

Note that I mentioned: one of those two conflicts concerns the majority of gameplay. So if we're talking gameplay we should be concerned primarily with it.

but neuts already have the option for a better neckboard. like the fact that they think they're a real faction?
    Do you find that your complete disdain for the neutral faction interferes with your ability to perform as the fixer professional?

Quote Originally Posted by haxi View Post
    Do you find that your complete disdain for the neutral faction interferes with your ability to perform as the fixer professional?
    He seems to fill role with equal measures of malice as well, it's all good!
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Xantrish View Post
    They need to get a unique social item ; a portable fence they can put down and sit on. While clans and omni do their thing
    I had to LOL at this one. Nice visual!