Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 14.6 -=- Npc Pets -=- Engies

Anything to make AI better is GOOD.

Now let's just get some cooperative mobs, these slackers just watch me kill their buddies and won't lift a finger to help and if they do, they act like trisomy21 babies.

I don't get what y'all are so worried about with the new NPC pets, just run a couple rooms away from the MP/Engi/Crat and their pet will start running into a wall for the next 5 min while you take out their master. (Yes I know that the npc pet pathing will be different than ours, but still I'd like an authentic pet representation from the mobs.)
    Pope Of Cereal - RK2's only Discordian pope, melding punk mentality with soulless corporate practices. Leader of DiscordiaCorp, the only org to recruit through disassociation,"Remember that one time on Cheers when Norm ordered a beer, man that was hilarious. Join DiscordiaCorp now!!!"

"Hail Eris!!! All Hail Discordia!!"

My peepz:
    Prophezzah - 70 Crat, Bozgo - 41 MP, SteelKrusty0 - 39 MA, TheDiversion - 41 Agent, ScarsToProve - 30 Enf, Healinator - 18 Doc, Innocuous - 48 Fix

Heard tell of NPCs casting slayers in ql150 Missions. Rumor since this is alot higher than I can pull right now.

Ill have to check the running away from the pet, but seems that if an NPC can still hit u while casting or thru walls then a PEt should do the same. Computer controlled AI can cast a prog and make it stick even if your out of range or no longer seen, why couldnt a pet hit you three rooms away while it humps a wall?

Knowing pet pathing you probably don't have to worry..

NPC slayers will get stuck in some table or door and you won't have to worry about it during the entire mission...

Would be funny to see a Veteran Robotbuilder next to a table screaming "ATTACK" "ATTACK I SAID DAMN YOU"
    Krionis - Rising Keeper

Shandrahs - 215 NT - Retired

- Hells Heros -

As far as I could see, mob pets follow the same pathing as all the other mobs.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

Originally posted by Kaghelion
    As far as I could see, mob pets follow the same pathing as all the other mobs.
    I was kidding

I dont go on test, but it's pretty safe to assume mob pet's work just like regular mobs.
    Krionis - Rising Keeper

Shandrahs - 215 NT - Retired

- Hells Heros -

Originally posted by reality
    Set the slider to chaos and get monsters instead of humans. Or, hunt outside.
    This may sound like a simple solution, but it's not for several reasons.

1) Human mobs give more credits/xp/etc than monster mobs.

2) Human mobs actually have less agro than monster mobs if pulled correctly. (try pulling 1 Anun Tearer in any mission..NOT!)

3) Hunting outside isn't valid since token board bonuses are critical to the soloist as it gives an advantage over time.

Originally posted by GreyBear
    Umm If Ive seen this right the NPC pets are NONCHARMABLE. That puts Burueacrats in that same Boats as ENGIES except that one of their NANO lines has been SHUTDOWN. So who got screwed?

Hopefully this changes. 0 Cast Time on Pets, Pets at some point are as if OEd on NPC, Dish higher damages than Equal level Pets of same class, NPCs cant be DEBUFFED to make pet not work like players, NO EXP, and sometimes after Owner is dead Pets still continues fighting.

All this is subject to change, hopefully.
    The pets are charmable. Occasionally some vets, and much more often aces, will cast pets that have psychic above the psychic check. imho this isnt really a problem(other than it just shows how much charms suck). The biggest problem i have with the high lvl pets(ie when i a fregin 178 engie mob summons a lvl 230 wardroid), is that they have insaaane nano resist. Using crat calms(100% nano resist), and nearly 1500 nano skills, i fail to calm two in three casts.

another problem, as i see it, is that engies lvl 150 cast slayers that are green to them, but then a lvl 178 casts a wardroid that is dark dark orange. Excuse me, but arent slayers higher than wardroids? Demons/ninjas/slayers pose almost no problem. They attack slowly for little damage. But the wardroids...jesus christ...if engies could make bots like that id be lvling and engie twink right now. Hell, these things even seem to follow me better when charmed than my crat bot or mp demon. They hit often, they have massive hp compared to normal bots.

And dont even get me started on the insta cast thing...either a) the mobs are exploiting by having multiple unique shells in their inv or b) they have 58457329478534 nano init, and dont even show a cast animation.

Another GIANT problem...if you for some reason charm, then free a npc's pet, and the npc summons a second pet in between, the npc gets control of BOTH pets, and the one that was charmed becomes UNCHARMABLE, and UNCALMABLE.
    President of Midnight Reveries

Fired up my Engie for a ql56 Mission. Came acroos an Engi in game, sent my pet on him. He sends his pet onto me and start shooting me also.

Well. Soundlike what ur supposed to do to me, only problem is the Engi is doing quite well by himself with the Shooting damage, then his pets is doing more damage. When he falls, his pet does not stop. Thank god I stuck him on a door frame and stepped behind a Column in the main room. My pet comes running back to me, he forgot how to guard me?

End result, Barely won. Granted Im no twink but this would surely make me park the Engie for an MA. More Damage to get the EXP, then zone and return to loot.

:(

FC needs to slow down a little. Fix some other things in the game first.

-===-------=---------=-=-

Walk before you run.

yeah funcom, let's make it even tougher on the weakest in game profession!

morons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12