Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One of the elephants

Just open all symbs for all classes already. It wouldn't really make that huge a diff for any single class. It might help ppl switch between pvm and pvp setups easier, and that would be a great thing imo. Wouldn't be so locked into one mode.

Oh, and give shades some combined spirits or whatever :>
    Last edited by Phatkeep; Mar 17th, 2015 at 17:54:46.

I just want some base ability support in my symbiants please. That is all.
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

I cba to even read the thread. But I thought I'd make a list and perhaps we can discuss who would benefit most/least from having access to all symb types etc and what new setups might be enbled. I'm referring to end game setups only since all levels would be too big a topic. Correct me where you think I am wrong. Perhaps we can have a healthy discussion about this and conclude whether it would be a good thing or not.

Adventurer
    I guess alpha control foot would be a bit of a boost compared to inf. You'd get HD but lose AAO.
    Not gonna enable anything not alreday possible.

Bureaucrat
    Art eye, ra rw and rh art instead of contr/imp mix ofc. Maybe lw also. What it would mean is a bit more nano skills for pvp setups and a bit more AR for pvm setups. No need for imped RA that costs a bil!
    Not gonna enable anything not alreday possible, I think.

Doctor
    Art eye, ra, ra, rh, control waist, leg, feet. It would mean a big boost for docs for sure. Much easier to equip weapons and get decent recharge on specials. But lack of perks, buffs and such will mean docs won't have enough AR still I think to make it make much of a difference in pvp. Def might be a bit OP though.
    Not gonna enable anything not alreday possible, I think. maybe make d-shark doc more viable!

Enforcer
    Control ear and feet possibly.
    Twinking will be easier for troxes for sure. But not enabling anything that wasn't already doable.

Engineer
    Art eye. ra, rw, rh. Obviously this will be a big boost. But not really in pvp power. Just in convenience (nano skills). You can already use EOE, imp RA, RW and RH and get nearly the same pvp abilites as with art symbs. It's just that it's a friggin bish to buff!
    I don't think you'd be able to swap from pvp setup to pvm cuz of art symbs, yes? So not gonna enable anything rly.

Fixer
    Ctrl leg and feet. even more def and hd for fixx! But is it going to make a difference?
    Not going to enable anything new.

Keeper
    I guess maybe ctrl feet. Maybe.

Martial Artist
    No diff I think.

Meta-Physicist
    Art eye, ra, rw and rh. A bit power powa for an underpowered class. MP's mihgt be able to buff easily even in an imp setup. But MP's need good nanoskills in fight. So for them it's a nice bump to not have to sacrifice them for bow/as.
    Might make swapping between shield and bow easier.

Nano Technician
    Biggest bump of all. Completely new set! Full setup of control symbs. Support might be viable too in some slots.
    Means more def and more HD and more abils as well. Imo nt's deserve this. Ext is total suck.

Some ppl might try some really exotic setups both for pvm and pvp with other symb classes. Might be lots of fun to try!

Soldier
    Inf LA, control leg, feet, ear, left arm. Left hand too perhaps if you don't use RE.
    The biggest boost will be to twinking. Trox sold is the only combo (afaik) that can't get full alphas. This would be possible with ctrl symbs for twinking (I think). It would also mean quite a bit more def. Which I think solds need. They drop way too fast once ams is gone compared to some other tank classes.
    Will enable alpha chest. I think.

Trader
    No difference.

Shade
    No symbs here, but perhaps some spirits should be combinable so that shades don't have to choose no def or no ar. I don't have one myself, but I can see some pvp setup shades that just insta die to my relatively gimpy soldier in BS. Unless they catch me with ams down that is ofc. The I insta die. :>

I realized the extra CL and in some cases tradeskills might make planting towers easier. I have no issue with that. Sucks to have to "twink" to plant something that might be gone 30 mins later.

Also I believe that while prices would go up for certain pieces, in some cases you can use either support or ctrl. So the effect might not be that huge. For certain classes that couldn't use ctrl and had to use overpriced support symbs, prices might go down.

And yes, we can finally stop going to primus camp and having our souls broken trying to farm hd/aad clusters!

As for class balance.. Might help in a few cases and not help in some others. But it's mostly about convenience with nano skills and twinking and in some cases just to get rid of those ugly, dreadful, sucky, ancient imps!

Whatcha think?
    Last edited by Phatkeep; Mar 19th, 2015 at 09:27:25.

RIP Exterm Symbs.

I don't actually see much variability. Some slots have one clear winner: arty eye, support brain, control ear. Some separate on caster vs weaponskill, or for particular profs, but don't really give different options for anyone. Feet could be interesting, I guess.

I think we'd just get power creep and more AS. I think the Arty eye will be the biggest destabilizer. Maybe it's ok though. Everyone imps the AS, so would just be nanoskills all around.
    Tradeskilling would be easier, and twinking, I guess like phat said.

Since it's not in your list:
    Agent: Few things like -skill lock, -interrupt and stuff, but no major changes.

By the way, 18.7 puts all the snazzy clusters buyable in the shop, so primus farming is gonna be done soon anyway.
    Last edited by srompu; Mar 19th, 2015 at 09:45:12.

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    RIP Exterm Symbs.
    And it wouldn't be too soon in any way. just so gimpy!

I don't actually see much variability. Some slots have one clear winner: arty eye, support brain, control ear. Some separate on caster vs weaponskill, or for particular profs, but don't really give different options for anyone. Feet could be interesting, I guess.
    Art eye would be used by everyone except sold. fix, keep, enf, ma, melee mp, melee doc, max dd engi and crat and ofc NT. But the pvp crats, engis, mp's and docs don't rly get much more AS. Just a bit more nano skills and a lil more pistol, as you said. So imo it's not that bad.

Imo, having a best option is far better than having no option like docs, solds, engis, nts and agents today.

I think we'd just get power creep and more AS. I think the Arty eye will be the biggest destabilizer. Maybe it's ok though. Everyone imps the AS, so would just be nanoskills all around.
    Tradeskilling would be easier, and twinking, I guess like phat said.

Since it's not in your list:
    Agent: Few things like -skill lock, -interrupt and stuff, but no major changes.

By the way, 18.7 puts all the snazzy clusters buyable in the shop, so primus farming is gonna be done soon anyway. [/QUOTE]

RIP Exterm Symbs.
    Meh. I don't like it. Rather upgrade Extermination Symbiants. Give them useful mobs, like %nano dmg, or static %dmg2nano mods, or +%ip'd-nano-pool, or ..... you get it.
    Not quite sure if I'd like to see %chance to resist nanos on them, never liked those for static mods. But whatever happens, Extermination Symbs need a boost. Accross all levels.

Actually, OVERHAUL all the symb lines. Yes, many mods no longer fit reality, e.g. Support Symbs could use more MA & Bow mods, or Grenade and HW for Control symbs.
    My biggest issue with the symbs however is that all their mods simply scale from ql1 to ql300 equal to the respective implant ql. Why should Extermination Symbs be great at Pistol skill, when the focus is clearly on nano skills? Why would Infantry Brains have just as high nano skill mods as Control or Extermination? The list goes on.

Imo, Symbiants should not be the get-all-the-mods-free thing they are now. They should still be about choice. To balance things out, mods that are not available at that slot via cluster could be added. E.g. give the Infantry Brain just 75% of nano skills, but add an HP mod or a bit of crit resistance.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123