Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Since the Troa'ler nerf

cool story bro. we should really start to change the game based on these.

err that wasn't the point.

The point is clan still count omni pets as players resulting in them always being outnumbered.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Doc's I think are fine offensively with dot damage/changes to Malp and the doctor specific pistols to a world of good for docs who want to boost PVM capability and PVP capability without reliance on AS.

Overall - no significant change to weapons/weaponlines are needed (imo).
    Nope, we are / would be not.

Do duels vs. professions with more then regular NR and see how low your rate of success in landing dots (i.e: making damage) is in reality.
    Sure, in PvM, we shall be fine and maybe, even better then before.

with proper backing, some decent support, all appropriate buffs/blockers...

I saw a clan doc survive onslaught of about 20 Omni. Clan had about 12 people, Omni well outnumbered us and doc had ramped up to about 33k HP, with reflects, blockers, boon basically allowed the doc to survive when we picked off the opponents.

I wouldn't say that is a regular occurrence, but everyone was impressed - even Omni side.
    Please, try to fool others.

Any player, playing any profession in any setup will never ever survive the descripted scenario. Blockers, all exisisting buffs, meaningless. 35k hp? Even with 50k, nothing would ever survive 20 players on him. In such a situation, only "pvp players" take part in such a situation. Players with atleast 1 special like AS/FA/SA. Could you tell me please, how much loads the team blockers (currently) grant before letting pass these specials? So, reducing the 7 layers spec absorb in about 1-2 seconds, what would the specials of the other 17 players do? Not to mention the regular / norm hits. Of course, 20 omnis and not even 1 debuff profession with malaise/ubt/malp/misdiagnosis, sure. And no stuns. Ofc these 20 players are not able to stun. And, omg, no perks at all.

Generally, your posts are not that bad but this... Was just a shame to even read it.
    Last edited by Dumonde; Mar 24th, 2015 at 10:25:36.
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonde View Post
    Nope, we are / would be not.

Do duels vs. professions with more then regular NR and see how low your rate of success in landing dots (i.e: making damage) is in reality.
    Sure, in PvM, we shall be fine and maybe, even better then before.

Please, try to fool others.

Any player, playing any profession in any setup will never ever survive the descripted scenario. Blockers, all exisisting buffs, meaningless. 35k hp? Even with 50k, nothing would ever survive 20 players on him. In such a situation, only "pvp players" take part in such a situation. Players with atleast 1 special like AS/FA/SA. Could you tell me please, how much loads the team blockers (currently) grant before letting pass these specials? So, reducing the 7 layers spec absorb in about 1-2 seconds, what would the specials of the other 17 players do? Not to mention the regular / norm hits. Of course, 20 omnis and not even 1 debuff profession with malaise/ubt/malp/misdiagnosis, sure. And no stuns. Ofc these 20 players are not able to stun. And, omg, no perks at all.

Generally, your posts are not that bad but this... Was just a shame to even read it.
    Really.

You're Omni right? I chalk it up to butthurt.

Said scenario happened. I was there In case you forgot basic mechanics, there's two defensive mechanics you forgot which are FAR more important than any of the ones you're mentioned...

1. range and LOS
    2. staggered special damage

You really think it's impossible? I agree, the odds were stacked against the doc, but he was in a full defensive/HP setup, had a second doc healing him as I recall, and was kiting/running the whole time.

Maybe you guys on Rk3 didn't learn how to PVP or something, but there are at least two docs from Rk2 that knew how to do it. Whatsherface kate omniside and wont clanside.

those two docs got called more than anyone else I've ever seen, and while they died a lot, they also learned to deal with massive numbers of opponents better than other people...

And the only sure fire way to deal with many attackers is with hard stop mechanics.

dumo, two things are endless in today's afk population: afk and the lack of skill. and i am not sure about the afk. i think some dude name onestone said that. or something like that. so maybe it did happen, but if it did, the doc most likely didnt survive due to his awesomeness but due to the lack of awesomeness of the opposing players.

like in real life, such tales do nothing for anyone. its a story to tell at a fireplace while chewing tobacco. nothing more.
    Last edited by Xootch; Mar 25th, 2015 at 00:36:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    dumo, two things are endless in today's afk population: afk and the lack of skill. and i am not sure about the afk. i think some dude name onestone said that. or something like that. so maybe it did happen, but if it did, the doc most likely didnt survive due to his awesomeness but due to the lack of awesomeness of the opposing players.

like in real life, such tales do nothing for anyone. its a story to tell at a fireplace while chewing tobacco. nothing more.
    Well said.

/agreed

just sayin

Back on topic, I do agree that having more spammable dots/malp isn't enough for docs.

The question for me is whether docs need to be able to kill people "with ease"

Someone mentioned above that I should try making a kill vs any toon with decent NR, and to that I respond that I actually made DIRECT comments about that exact thing.

I logged my doc on test and with RH of hope/LH of grace and a reasonably defensive setup (HP/nanoskills), I did several duels to test this exact thing.

My observations were, if I can recall them correctly:

UBT didn't land
    UBT was too short
    Dot casts were too long
    Dot's didn't land
    Dot's were too short to actually generate opportunity to actually use malp between UBT/dot/heal spam.

I did about 5 duels and all of them were insanely slow with ridiculous amount of nano spamming and casting and by the 3rd or 4th one I'd had it.

Doc's were relegated to PVM only in my books.

My goal in reporting that was to make playing docs more dynamic. Doc's don't need so much healing, they don't need UBT, they just need to be able to land their bloody damage producing nukes/DoT's.

If you actually take UBT out of the equation... Doc's are pretty fun. Duels are fast, damage/healing is fast and as an opponent of a doc you don't feel like this is the slowest your character has ever done anything in your whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooole life, etc.

In any 1 vs 1 situation, the ideal balance is: my damage vs your direct mitigation+HP+healing vs your direct damage vs my direct mitigation+HP+healing

But when you add in these parameter crippling pseudo defences, the game is boring.

Traders crippling an opponent? BORING.
    Doc's making your attack bars stop moving? BORING.
    65% of casts resisted? BORING
    Can't perk a fixer/crat/ whatever? BORING
    AMS whatever does more dmg to you than you get thru to soldier? BORING

obviously FC is aware of this, and Michi is dealing with the first and worst one (traders) but also note that the OMWTFG trader thread is 13 pages long and counting so there's clearly some dialogue that's happening in order to sort these things out.

Does doc NEED to cripple your inits? HELL NO. They just need more damage or different tools to mitigate damage (I don't really believe they need more mitigation tools actually)

Do soldiers NEED to block all the damage? NO!
    Do fixers NEVER need to get perked? NO!
    Crats on the other hand... their "you can't perk me" thing is very temporary so it's ok for me as a temp mitigation measure..

Anyway, ya the game is in flux. I like it. Sure, lets adjust stuff.

Really.

You're Omni right? I chalk it up to butthurt.

Said scenario happened. I was there In case you forgot basic mechanics, there's two defensive mechanics you forgot which are FAR more important than any of the ones you're mentioned...

1. range and LOS
    2. staggered special damage

You really think it's impossible? I agree, the odds were stacked against the doc, but he was in a full defensive/HP setup, had a second doc healing him as I recall, and was kiting/running the whole time.

Maybe you guys on Rk3 didn't learn how to PVP or something, but there are at least two docs from Rk2 that knew how to do it. Whatsherface kate omniside and wont clanside.

those two docs got called more than anyone else I've ever seen, and while they died a lot, they also learned to deal with massive numbers of opponents better than other people...

And the only sure fire way to deal with many attackers is with hard stop mechanics.
    Just like mentioned in the past - try some duels vs. me and you may step back from your arrogant position.
    I am doing PvP since over 10 years on all servers, but besides that, you are simply not in a proper position to judge anything.
    A players origin has nothing to do with any skill. Your "assumption" just shows that you do not even have a clue about RK3 players, so, please
    be so kind and try to talk again about things you are not apparently totally incompetent to talk about. Stay at your maths.

Your arguments are silly.
    - Oh, he was kiting? running? Apparently. Otherwise your story would be even more silly.
    - Full defensive / HP setup? It is really simple to number out the absolute possible maximum for a Doctors HP. You are the wrong person to give me advices in this topic.
    - LOS is one thing, sure. But another healing doc will have the same problem as the attackers with LOS. Unlogic statement in reality.
    - Staggering specials from an Endgame-Profession against a... Doc? Dude.

And now, there comes in Xootchi´s statement. OF COURSE a doc can survive such a number. Even you can do it if you are a pvp noob from RK3 like me, if your oponents are simply that bad that even 20 of them do not manage to root/stun permanently and do not capped specials like FA/AS/SA. And this is the only thinkable situation, you just signed this in your post above, that is possibly exisisting.

And no, this is not worth a post. It is a sad, very sad story, even more sad then twilight, that this was happening and it is so no-heroic like beating 5 5year old children and preteting to have 5 against 5 persons aolne.

I can name only 5 pvp players and they will kill every Doctor in a comparable situation. Even with blockerz, hackytack, a seconds healing doc, whatever you even like.
    This is pvp.
    Not this lame and silly story you told us here.

Best regards,
    Dumonde

Well said.

/agreed

just sayin

Back on topic, I do agree that having more spammable dots/malp isn't enough for docs.

The question for me is whether docs need to be able to kill people "with ease"

Someone mentioned above that I should try making a kill vs any toon with decent NR, and to that I respond that I actually made DIRECT comments about that exact thing.

I logged my doc on test and with RH of hope/LH of grace and a reasonably defensive setup (HP/nanoskills), I did several duels to test this exact thing.

My observations were, if I can recall them correctly:

UBT didn't land
    UBT was too short
    Dot casts were too long
    Dot's didn't land
    Dot's were too short to actually generate opportunity to actually use malp between UBT/dot/heal spam.

I did about 5 duels and all of them were insanely slow with ridiculous amount of nano spamming and casting and by the 3rd or 4th one I'd had it.

Doc's were relegated to PVM only in my books.

My goal in reporting that was to make playing docs more dynamic. Doc's don't need so much healing, they don't need UBT, they just need to be able to land their bloody damage producing nukes/DoT's.

If you actually take UBT out of the equation... Doc's are pretty fun. Duels are fast, damage/healing is fast and as an opponent of a doc you don't feel like this is the slowest your character has ever done anything in your whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooole life, etc.

In any 1 vs 1 situation, the ideal balance is: my damage vs your direct mitigation+HP+healing vs your direct damage vs my direct mitigation+HP+healing

But when you add in these parameter crippling pseudo defences, the game is boring.

Traders crippling an opponent? BORING.
    Doc's making your attack bars stop moving? BORING.
    65% of casts resisted? BORING
    Can't perk a fixer/crat/ whatever? BORING
    AMS whatever does more dmg to you than you get thru to soldier? BORING

obviously FC is aware of this, and Michi is dealing with the first and worst one (traders) but also note that the OMWTFG trader thread is 13 pages long and counting so there's clearly some dialogue that's happening in order to sort these things out.

Does doc NEED to cripple your inits? HELL NO. They just need more damage or different tools to mitigate damage (I don't really believe they need more mitigation tools actually)

Do soldiers NEED to block all the damage? NO!
    Do fixers NEVER need to get perked? NO!
    Crats on the other hand... their "you can't perk me" thing is very temporary so it's ok for me as a temp mitigation measure..

Anyway, ya the game is in flux. I like it. Sure, lets adjust stuff.
    Here, I totally agree with you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123