Thread: Best equip for soldier these days?

Smile Best equip for soldier these days?

Hey guys,

I've just returned to the game and when i had to take a break 1 year ago ( i changed my job and couldn't spend time in AO anymore ) i was working on a soldier... now he's 219 and i really want to equip him with end-game gear.

Can you please help a fellow out with some pointers, or have some advice for a not-so-experienced soldier?

( My main toon is a MA, except crit crit crit crit crit, i basically have no skill in this game anymore, haha ).

Thanks !!

Top DD setup for endgame would look something like this. It requires two upgraded Envys and full auto almost everywhere you can get it, including ofab gloves (75+), ring (+25) and supple armor (can manage with Kaehler sleeves). Assault Module also gives full auto, but doesn't add any damage. Protector module is usually the choice for pvp.

Assault rifles are seen as a more available option. You can use more ofab pieces and don't generally have to gimp yourself quite as much just to get a few extra points of FA or damage. Dshark is still reasonable, then there is obviously Anger of the Xan. The Twice augmented hellspinner shock cannon also received a buff recently, but I don't know how viable it really is. Assault rifles give a little more attack rating for pvp, but it is argued that against high evade professions you will miss anyway and you are better off maximizing damage for those with low evades.

Many prefer implants for feet and leg because the symbiants don't add heal delta.
    Salomar [220/30]
    Rainbowz [200/23]
    Twopairs [150/20]
    SPARTA

Thanks man, I was thinking about a similar equip.

I'm too going for 2 x Envy... i already have one, which i equipped... and i'm sure i can manage to gather everything i need... except the parts i need to do raids/quests for...
    The Bastion shoulder, ACDC and the dustbrigade nanos will surely be a pain in the butt...

Thanks a lot for the help, i really needed to know if i'm doing it right ^^

ACDC is just icing on the cake, you can stick with a DB Module or a Superior Ancien Combat Tuner. Collatz pad is also a minor upgrade from the upgraded frozen pads. The Star/Stellar nanodeck on the other hand is a core item.
    Salomar [220/30]
    Rainbowz [200/23]
    Twopairs [150/20]
    SPARTA

You're absolutely right.

The problem is that i don't have more than 1-2hours/day to play... and teams for DB Quest are sooo hard to find... and informant is hard as hell... I have no idea how i'll manage to finish it...

I won't die if i don't get ACDC or db module/collatz pad but those nanos + nanodeck are vital...

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxxxx View Post
    You're absolutely right.

The problem is that i don't have more than 1-2hours/day to play... and teams for DB Quest are sooo hard to find... and informant is hard as hell... I have no idea how i'll manage to finish it...

I won't die if i don't get ACDC or db module/collatz pad but those nanos + nanodeck are vital...
    Many parts of the DB Quest (The Informant included!) were severely toned down. It should be considerably easier to gather people for it.

If I happen to be online on any of the toons on my sig while you're looking.. poke me and if I'm not otherwise occupied I'll gladly come heal, tank or dd on Informant depending on what's needed.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Thanks man, i really appreciate it ^^ it's hard to find good help these days, especially after a 1-year break, hehe.

If the servers will be up in 2050, i don't care if i'm 60 years old, i'll still play AO, haha.... for some of us this place is "home" ^^ and people like you guys prove it's worth being called that

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxxxx View Post
    Thanks man, i really appreciate it ^^ it's hard to find good help these days, especially after a 1-year break, hehe.

If the servers will be up in 2050, i don't care if i'm 60 years old, i'll still play AO, haha.... for some of us this place is "home" ^^ and people like you guys prove it's worth being called that
    Hah! Same here, this game is definitely "home". FC better take good care of it! Michizure (current GD) seems to be finally handling things right and fixing things. Definitely worth it checking out the new stuff and testlive patch notes
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion