Thread: 18.7 Mongo healing messed up (BUG)

18.7 Mongo healing messed up (BUG)

I was just scoping around in AOitems and was looking at enf healing.

Seems something got messed up.

Mongo Demolish!
    1150 PM/BM, 215 lock <---------------------------LOW?! on live is 1534PM/BM
    Self Heal for 550. 10 times, once every 2.00s.
    Self Heal for 3%. 2 times, once every 10.00s.
    Total Healing: 5500 over 20s + 6% of max HP, assuming 45k HP is 2700, so total healing is 8200HP/20s

Mongo Break!
    850PM/BM, 190 lock
    Self Heal for 312. 5 times, once every 4.00s. <------------something wrong here
    Total healing: 1248 /20s ?????????????????? that's low.

Here's where it gets really weird.

Mongo Crush!
    596BM/PM no level lock <--------- on live, reqs are 696PM/BM
    Self Heal for 224. 10 times, once every 2.00s.
    Total healing: 2240 /20s <----------------------higher healing than Mongo break?!

And now it just gets ugly.

The following Mongo is just an insult to levelling enforcers - honestly I don't even see how an enf is supposed to use this in combat...

Mongo Smash!
    400BM/PM - an enf would likely be using this at Ely tiigs/ hecks range
    Self Heal for 169. 2 times, once every 10.00s.
    Total healing: 338hp / 20s <----------- that's a death knell right there.

Mongo Bash!
    250BM/PM
    Self Heal for 79. 10 times, once every 2.00s.
    Total healing: 790/20s <---- ok this is more reasonable but consider this: that's a TL2 enf that's healing almost a third as much as a TL6 enf? Something is definitely wonky here.

Mongo slam! seems to be fine.

It's clear from looking at nanos on either side of Mongo smash and mongo break that these two nanos have messed up tick frequency, but I'll also say that the healing provided by the second highest mongo isn't enough.

The obvious changes are:

1. change tick frequency on Mongo Break! to 2s and change number of ticks to 10 which would change total healing to 312*10/20s = 3120hp/20s which is reasonable... but still pretty low considering how much DPS keeper/soldier/advy/MA/fixer/agent/MP/shade/trader/engi/crat have at that level.

2. change tick frequency on Mongo Smash to 2s and change number of ticks to 10 which would change total healing to 169*10/20s = 1690/20s.

That will bring all mongo nanos into line with those on either side.

The only other less obvious change I'd make is either give 3%/5s on all mongo's, OR give all mongo's a short term (20s) second heal reactivity buff so it makes it easier on healers if enfs are maintaining their mongo hots.

Funcom employee

With the initial 18.7, the Mongo! buffs were changed to heal for a % of life every x seconds, the intervals being the ones that aren't 2s above. When I changed them back to normal HoTs, I seem to have forgotten to fix the intervals; they've been corrected for the next Testlive patch.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    With the initial 18.7, the Mongo! buffs were changed to heal for a % of life every x seconds, the intervals being the ones that aren't 2s above. When I changed them back to normal HoTs, I seem to have forgotten to fix the intervals; they've been corrected for the next Testlive patch.
    When is the next patch?

good thing you spotted it
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm