Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Veteran / Item Shop Beacons

Veteran / Item Shop Beacons

Veteran and/or Item Shop Beacons have been changed by 18.7 such that they are an "instant" cast ... much like an emergency Meep. Consequently they were apparently caught up in the Pvp issues and now can not be used if you or your allies are in a fight.

Currently on Live they have a "longer" cast ... 30 seconds iirc and they do not check for if you are in combat.

Please put them back to as they are with 18.6. I.E Do Not change them with 18.7. An instant cast is useless if you can't use them while in combat. I/We would rather have a longer cast, but still be able to use beacons while in combat ... particularly when it is often a mob we are not actually fighting or a bunch of mobs someone trained to us. Keep in mind these are items your Veteran customers and/or Item Shop customers purchased.

Emma

No thanks, those things should never be usable in combat to begin with. Its been ruining PvP for ages. Longer cast (2 minutes plus) I can live with, though.

Quote Originally Posted by lufa1982 View Post
    No thanks, those things should never be usable in combat to begin with. Its been ruining PvP for ages. Longer cast (2 minutes plus) I can live with, though.
    And why should PvM suffer because of Pvp complaints?
    Or, code them to not work if in combat with a player, but Ok if in combat with a mob.

Emma

I agree with Emma entirely. That is all.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

And why should PvP suffer because of PvM complaints? Don't be so self-centered. There's a solution to do this that would suit everybody, but the way it was on Live is not it.

And why should PvP suffer because of PvM complaints? Don't be so self-centered. There's a solution to do this that would suit everybody, but the way it was on Live is not it.
    Is a 20 second cast time meep really a big issue in PvP that's detracting from it as a whole? I find that really hard to believe.

Beacons are very commonly used and abused at lower levels, where perk alphas are minimal and its nearly impossible to kill someone within 30 seconds.

So if you think its not a problem, report back to me after someone keeps hitting your towers and evacing with beacon each time you show up. Let me know if it was fun having to spend 6 hours of your day, standing near your field like a lemon.

I quit simple as that. I'm tired of this crap. The game gets ruined over a few pvper scumbags.

Just give it not in combat flag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Just give it not in combat flag.
    That is what it has for 18.7 on TL ...

My OP was to remove the not in combat flag and take back the fast-meep if necessary.

Emma

I have a suggestion on this that should address some of the issues.

Keep instant meep.
    Remove "in combat" checks
    if not in combat when used cool down equals 10 minutes
    if in combat when used cool down equals 12 in game hours

this allows it to be a one time save your butt tool
    this allows it to be used in pvm as the got trained evac tool that emma references
    this allows a 1 time while a field is hot evac but prevents the 6 hours of field sitting reference above
    it is a clear choice for the user that will affect their game play for a significant period of time

hey it is crazy but sometimes it takes crazy
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

I just don't see the problem with the beacons as they are right now. PvP or PvM.

If someone pops a beacon, they can't do it again for another 15 mins. In towers this means you have 15mins of breathing space before they can bother you again, realistically, the same amount of time it'd take them to res and rebuff if you had killed them.

The only argument against this I can see is 'muh solo score'.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

I don't know what beacons you've been using, because mine lock either 10 or 5 minutes. Meaning by the time attacker:

1. finds Fgrid
    2. runs to the field, which takes a while on lowbie
    3. takes a tower down for you to see attack message

His beacon is unavoidably already up again.

In other words, you have zero, ZERO chance of responding unless you're literally standing there for 6 hours, scouting your field for possible incoming. And yes, there are people who will make you do that, sad as it is. So unless the idea of healthy gameplay is glueing people to the screen for hours, because previous devs have been lightheartedly handing in-combat evac to everybody, this needs to stop, pronto.

And no, solo score doesn't matter. Killing people does, because if they're towerflagged, 99% of time they'll give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    I just don't see the problem with the beacons as they are right now. PvP or PvM.

If someone pops a beacon, they can't do it again for another 15 mins. In towers this means you have 15mins of breathing space before they can bother you again, realistically, the same amount of time it'd take them to res and rebuff if you had killed them.

The only argument against this I can see is 'muh solo score'.
    5 minutes for the Insurance Recall Beacon, 10 minutes on Shadowlands/Rubi-Ka Recall Beacon.
    Also affected by -skill lock modifier.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

I don't know what beacons you've been using, because mine lock either 10 or 5 minutes. Meaning by the time attacker:

1. finds Fgrid
    2. runs to the field, which takes a while on lowbie
    3. takes a tower down for you to see attack message

His beacon is unavoidably already up again.

In other words, you have zero, ZERO chance of responding unless you're literally standing there for 6 hours, scouting your field for possible incoming. And yes, there are people who will make you do that, sad as it is. So unless the idea of healthy gameplay is glueing people to the screen for hours, because previous devs have been lightheartedly handing in-combat evac to everybody, this needs to stop, pronto.

And no, solo score doesn't matter. Killing people does, because if they're towerflagged, 99% of time they'll give up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    5 minutes for the Insurance Recall Beacon, 10 minutes on Shadowlands/Rubi-Ka Recall Beacon.
    Also affected by -skill lock modifier.
    Ah yeah, they are 10 mins and I haven't bothered using the insurance beacons yet so wasn't aware of the 5mins. So indeed, that's quite a bit quicker than my previous example.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    I have a suggestion on this that should address some of the issues.

Keep instant meep.
    Remove "in combat" checks
    if not in combat when used cool down equals 10 minutes
    if in combat when used cool down equals 12 in game hours
    You're kidding right?
    So there I am, doing my PW Daily at the borgs and to get away from there use my beacon. In return I receive a 12 hour lock?
    So there I am, hunting some Dynas in PW, starting West, heading East. When I killed the last Dyna, I STILL have aggro from that one random Anun mob and get a 12 hour lock?

Beacons have been a QoL change from the very first day they got ingame. While Fixers won't notice this change much, every other prof will. Even those with meep. I also dislike the change to insta cast very much. How often have I accidentally clicked the wrong beacon and managed to abort it just in time. This will go poof as well. There is nothing good in this change. Literally nothing.
    If it causes problems in PvP, find a PvP solution for the problem. No use on hot fields etc.
    (Wow this feels like the Fixer meep discussion all over again.)
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

What about adding a new function to towers that gives a debuff to any player attacking one which prevents teleporting for some time?

Then bring back beacons and fixer meeps to what they currenctly are on the live server.

Or just stop people being able to use it while flagged?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Some quests give you a pvp flag without you actually being involved in pvp. In such a situation I'd rather be able to meep away, so I'd prefer it to be kept to tower fights alone. Same goes for open pvp zones

I also consider adding these negative terms to these items as a breach of contract since I paid cash for fc points to get some on my toons though the shop... I demand a refund if this will be the case.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast