Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perks/nanos that could use a minor tweak

Perks/nanos that could use a minor tweak

I know I've started a lot of threads lately, but this is an important topic especially if stuff is getting looked at/dealth with rapidly.

LEG SHOT - for heavens sake, why is there no snare/root attached to this - note the name??
    I suggest: (15s -1000 RS)

BLINDSIDE BLOW
    (just axe the hatelist/facing target bit otherwise it's fine)

CLEARSIGHT - 110% dodge... please lower this, it's a killer.
    (95%-100% check would be fine)

RANGER LINE
    (look at please... damage range, damage types?)

CYBERNETIC SAMURAI
    (Can enforcer get access, if not... why?)

SHOTGUN MASTERY
    (perk recharge align a bit)

ANTITRUST - 3s activation time?!
    (reduce activation time to 1s)

VIRAL COMBINATION - would be nice on doc to have one perk that actually lands
    (lower check from 90% to 75% NR)

MEDALLION - such a nice perk, if um it was usable.
    (change check to AMS vs DMS or MC vs 85% NR)

ENERGIZE recharge makes NO sense for the rest of the line
    (lower recharge to 65s)

POWER BLAST same as energize
    (lower recharge to 60s)
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Feb 18th, 2015 at 04:40:06.

Make SMG mastery perks scale with AR like every other major perkline

Fix gadgeteer qq
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Louderer789 View Post

Fix gadgeteer qq
    QFT. That's been bugged for years. If engie pets were less awesome, I'd feel sorry for them.

On another topic, I think the Starfall line could use a look. It currently takes 13 seconds to go through the perk progression, and the 35 second recharge on Dazzle with Lights lines up really awkwardly with the 90 on Supernova. I really like the changes planned in the perk documents released years and years ago.

My suggested changes:

Dazzle with Lights: 1 second attack time, 11 second duration, 22 second recharge.

Combust: 2 second attack time, 45 second recharge

Thermal Detonation: 2 second attack time, 45 second recharge

Supernova: 2 second attack time, 90 second recharge

These changes would reduce the activation time for the perk chain from 13 seconds to 7 seconds and line up the recharge timers so each action could be used on cool down without going over the top of the others. It would also increase the percentage of time Dazzle's debuff could be up to 50% from 43%, which seems reasonable given how much initiative debuffs have been nerfed across the board. Doctors, Bureaucrats, MPs and NTs are not at the top of the PvP heap right now or likely to be there if 18.7.21 went live, so I don't think these changes would hurt balance, and they'd make the perk line a lot more pleasant to use.

MP perks:

Channel Rage, in the perk documents, was going to be changed from a 30 second buff to a 2 hour buff - basically, it was going to become a static buff line for our attack pets in the way that Soothing Spirits is for our heal pets. That would be really nice. For Soothing Spirits, the perk document was going to reduce the recharge on Spirit of Blessing and Spirit of Purity from 40 seconds to 20 seconds. That would also be nice. However, neither of those are game breaking problems in their current form. More "nice to have" than "need to have".

Also like to see a hostile NCU effect for dazzle.

Ok, might as well post some of my findings here as well.

Perks in rifle mastery are still very very slow. (perkline called infantry atm)
    Enf perk Cause of Anger still checks mc as attack skill, make it check AR so itäs the same as Arouse Anger. (Mutate perkline)
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Enf perk Cause of Anger still checks mc as attack skill, make it check AR so itäs the same as Arouse Anger. (Mutate perkline)
    I always thought this was because enf with: kizzer/brawl/fast/sneak/dim/crave/+2 mutate perks = death for anyone ... The MC vs def perk makes it a lot harder to land in PVP but not that difficult to land in PVM.

I don't know why it's like that but i cant ute it in challanger nsd so i thought i'de bring it up so The man can glance at it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Also like to see a hostile NCU effect for dazzle.
    +1 for this. Definitely a great quality of life improvement to see if this is up on nano target ncu.

(Same for all the hostile LE procs - f.e doctor, mp, trader hostile procs to show up on nano target ncu and not to keep guessing that have they landed?)

Quote Originally Posted by jooo View Post
    +1 for this. Definitely a great quality of life improvement to see if this is up on nano target ncu.

(Same for all the hostile LE procs - f.e doctor, mp, trader hostile procs to show up on nano target ncu and not to keep guessing that have they landed?)
    I wonder what the reason is why we've not had this before...I assume there is one?
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Shouldn't be an issue when some perks already show up at nano target ncu - like Soldiers -dodge ranged perks. So why doesnt that happen with every hostile perk containing a debuff? Dazzle with lights is a good example to start, but it should work with every debuff. Keeper has similar perks like Soldier which perks -evade to the target and they do not show up at nano target ncu, would be good to see in that window that have they landed. So what's happening here when they show up on some perks and not on others? Forgot to add that feature on all?

On a similar note: why Fixers "Backyard Bandages" friendly LE proc shows up in everyones nano target ncu when they tab fixer? These things continue to be an mystery.

Just to add to this that Dazzle of Light and other perk/proc debuffs that you cant see in your ncu window do in fact show up but only in the target NCU window and not your own window, pretty annoy when you cant both watch your ncu and your opponent's ncu at the same time without switching targets so I agree with fixing this.

Quote Originally Posted by jooo View Post

I thought that the Doc and MP init debuffs did show on target NCU? As for Traders, our LE proc drains are hostile in our own NCU.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Been looking at perk lines the last couple of days, and there are a few that, IMHO, don't actually do what it looks like they were meant to do, or are otherwise flawed. A lot of the general perk lines are either never used or used solely for twinking, and it would be cool if they were legitimate alternatives to the profession and group perk lines. A few suggestions/ thoughts.

1. Theoretical Research

This line just doesn't quite work. The root at TR 3 is awesome, but that's most of the value of the line. Knowledge Enhancer is worth, on average, 1.5% direct nano damage multiplier (12% nano-damage multiplier for 30 seconds, 240 second lockout), and the 6 second activation time is rather brutal. As this line is MP/NT only, there is a bit of an intrinsic dilemma with a nano damage buff. Any value big enough for MPs to notice will be way too strong in an NT's hands. Personally I think it should be changed to a direct damage perk, ideally low damage/short recharge like Antitrust (neither MPs nor NTs have a quickly recharging damage perk, and it makes it seem like you're playing more actively when you do, at least to me). Accelerate Decaying Quarks is on a 70 second recharge, but only works when the target is running the TR 3 root, which is on a 160 second recharge, and has a synergy with Tinkerer which I'm pretty sure never actually gets used. I think it should be castable on cool down without needing anything already running on the target, but only trigger the NSD and bonus damage if the root is up (rather than if the Tinkerer 2 Sabotage Quark Field is up).

2. Demolitions

This is the Engineer grenade line. There are some cool ideas here, but I'm not sure that any engineers actually use the line. The perk actions are really, really slow (two with 6 second execution times, two with 5 second execution times) and I'm not sure how much you'd really gain over just using the combined 22 seconds for auto-attacks rather than perk actions. Additionally, Suppressive Primer says that it's a DoT, but isn't. It makes Install Notum Depletion Device more efficient. That should be added to the description for Suppressive Primer, and either it should get a DoT component or that should be removed from the description.

3. Enhance DNA

The self-only HOT at perk 6 is really not strong enough to justify such a long (6 minute) recharge. It maxes out, at Enhance DNA 10, as 190 heal followed by a 1 minute, 1,900 total health hot (190 every six seconds). This seems like it could have a six minute duration and a one minute recharge rather than a one minute duration and a six minute recharge. As is, this is pretty much a "get your symbs/imps in" line and nothing more.

4. Combat Knowledge

Initial Strike is useful solo, but close to useless in teams because of the "target must have 95% of max health" requirement. I think it could have a 75% target max health like Opifex Primary's Opening is being changed to. Redeem Last wish, the 20% skill lock modifier buff, is cool, but I think the percentage of time you can have it up is too low to justify the perk line. I would like to see it at 25 second duration (up from 20) and 75 second recharge (down from 110). This would, for instance, allow a player to use a heath and nano stim immediately after using Redeem Last Wish and then use another one 20 seconds later (as skill lock modifier caps at 50%), which is not possible with the current 20 second buff duration. It could be a pretty interesting tool, particularly for MAs and NMs (for the NM coon).

5. Nanomorph

Tick scales with MatMet, but this isn't in the perk description, and should be added. Assume Target is gimpy - long recharge (120 second), kinda slow (3 second activation time), weak effect (-800 health/nano on target, +600 health/nano on user at Nanomorph 10). Given the recharge and activation time, this could be a bigger hit - maybe -2,400 health/nano on target, +1,800 health/nano on user. Peel Layers is slow (5 seconds, has a long recharge (155 seconds), attacks at 100% MC vs 130% NR (won't land on anyone unless they're heavily NR debuffed) and is useless in PvM. Perhaps it could do something different in PvM than in PvP? A strong DOT would be reasonable given the recharge, execution time and defense check.

Ambidextrous seems like it could add sense and agility. Int and Psychic are buffed by Genius, Strength and Stamina by Freak Strength, but there is no corresponding sense/agility buff line. Trox Keepers still can't get Alpha Support brain in.

7. Genius

Regain nano is absolutely awesome at lvl 110, considerably less awesome at lvl 220. Perhaps the nano heal could increase (double maybe) at Genius 3?

8. First Aid

Four minute recharge on Heal is a bit much. It heals for roughly .8*First Aid skill. Health and Nano Stims heal for roughly 1.5*First Aid skill on a 40 second rather than four minute lockout. Maybe a two minute recharge and the heal could increase to 1.2*First Aid skill at perk 3 and 1.6* First Aid skill at perk 4?

9. Notum Source

Access Notum Source restores an average of 625 nano/minute (team) at Notum Source 10. For comparison, Nano Heal (from the 3 perk NT line Essence of Notum) restores an average of 2,000 nano/minute (self), Regain Nano at Genius 2 restores an average of 800 nano/minute (target) and Notum Siphon 10 restores an average of 5,004 nano/minute (self) at Notum Siphon 10 (not including Tap Notum Source). The big passive gain from Notum Source is the nano delta, but that doesn't come until late game (which is also when you hit 2 second tic on nano delta). Notum Source could help a lot at lower levels if it had a lower recharge, and if that would end up giving more nano/minute than intended at higher levels, perhaps that could be balanced by reducing the nano delta gained.

Stop Notum Flow is useless to NTs, as Constant Barrage is better in every way. On the other hand, it's the only way MPs have to meaningfully debuff NR. Unfortunately, because it checks 100% MC against 100% NR, it only lands on stuff MPs don't need to NR debuff in the first place. To compare, Constant Barrage checks against 53% NR, Eviscerate Defense checks against 10% NR, and Workplace Depression checks against 100% NR but is spammable. Traders, NTs and Crats (as of 18.7) will be able to have 100% uptime on NR debuffs, but Stop Notum Flow can only be up 4/9 of the time (assuming you can land it). I think it should check 100% MC against 80% NR.

Notum Overflow increases damage taken from nukes. It thus has the same problem as Knowledge Enhancer - if it increased damage taken from nukes by enough to make it useful to MPs, it'd be too strong when used by NTs. It has a 60 second duration and a six minute recharge, so on average it increases nuke damage taken by the target by 2.5%. I think most players aren't quite sure what it does, either. I think it'd make sense to turn this into a direct damage perk. Equally useful that way to NTs and MPs, easily understandable by everyone.

10. Channel Rage

I think a perk action similar to MA's Moonmist would be cool, only increasing MC rather than MA. The idea is to make it easier for MPs (who, as previously mentioned, can't really NR debuff) to land the Starfall perk line. 30 second duration, 90 second recharge, increases MC by 200 at lvl 200, available anywhere from Channel Rage 6 to Channel Rage 10.

If combined with the suggested change to Stop Notum Flow, it'd give bow MPs something almost like an alpha (AS-> Channel Rage MC buff -> Notum Overflow -> Dazzle With Lights -> Nano Feast -> Combust ->AS again-> Ka Mon->Thermal Detonation->Supernova->Bot Confinement->third AS). Ok, that takes 23 seconds assuming the theoretical MC buff has a 1 second activation time and isn't that impressive of damage output, but hey, it's something.
    Last edited by JustinSane4; Mar 5th, 2015 at 04:30:44.

^^ some great ideas there.

Just as an observation... isn't it kind of WTF ridiculous how much constant barrage debuffs NR? Like, There isn't another prof in game that can debuff the ONLY defence an opponent has vs you by such a colossal margin.

MA's can reduce AAD by up to 450-550 for 10s.
    Keeper's can reduce AAD/EC by up to 750 for about a minute
    Soldiers can reduce DR by LPT=-100 18s, Tracer -200 all evades, 15s, triangulat target -400 dodge, 30s (max debuff -700 DR for 15s)
    Fixers can reduce DR with LFF (-85) and LICC (-250) 5 MINUTES LOL wtf.
    Enf can reduce MA evades by 1k lol wtf but only for 15s and it's getting nerfed thank god
    Shades can reduce AAD by 220 (blur) for 15s, and -54 for 1m, -81 for 1m, -126 for 1m, -252 for 1m (all of which can be up continuously for a total of -513 AAD and 733 AAD for 15s) That is a lot.
    Traders can reduce AAD with IS for -350 for 1m (up continuously if desired), as well as -250 NR (eviscerate defence) neither of which are ever used in PVP afaik.
    Other profs dont' have much, then...
    NT's can reduce NR by -3000 ....?! That's a solid 4x more than shades which are already OP as hell in terms of debuffs :/

Clipfever (Power in Numbers 6) should check Attack Rating instead of Assault Rifle, unless it is intended for Assault Rifle to have a (meager) AOE element for damage. (Which is weird considering the premier SMG class has an AOE attack in the Paramorpha bullets...)
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    ^^ some great ideas there.

Just as an observation... isn't it kind of WTF ridiculous how much constant barrage debuffs NR? Like, There isn't another prof in game that can debuff the ONLY defence an opponent has vs you by such a colossal margin.

MA's can reduce AAD by up to 450-550 for 10s.
    Keeper's can reduce AAD/EC by up to 750 for about a minute
    Soldiers can reduce DR by LPT=-100 18s, Tracer -200 all evades, 15s, triangulat target -400 dodge, 30s (max debuff -700 DR for 15s)
    Fixers can reduce DR with LFF (-85) and LICC (-250) 5 MINUTES LOL wtf.
    Enf can reduce MA evades by 1k lol wtf but only for 15s and it's getting nerfed thank god
    Shades can reduce AAD by 220 (blur) for 15s, and -54 for 1m, -81 for 1m, -126 for 1m, -252 for 1m (all of which can be up continuously for a total of -513 AAD and 733 AAD for 15s) That is a lot.
    Traders can reduce AAD with IS for -350 for 1m (up continuously if desired), as well as -250 NR (eviscerate defence) neither of which are ever used in PVP afaik.
    Other profs dont' have much, then...
    NT's can reduce NR by -3000 ....?! That's a solid 4x more than shades which are already OP as hell in terms of debuffs :/
    On the same vein, any prof can choose to entirely block out a NT's offensive toolset by perking Notum Repulsor. There's nothing like it in-game for weapons-based damage.
    8 perks and you push a profession out of the fight (and gimp several others to varying extents).

Something to possibly look at, too.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    On the same vein, any prof can choose to entirely block out a NT's offensive toolset by perking Notum Repulsor. There's nothing like it in-game for weapons-based damage.
    8 perks and you push a profession out of the fight (and gimp several others to varying extents).

Something to possibly look at, too.
    Eh.... ya. Notum repulsor has always been a bit of a ??? in my eyes. I'd advocate taking it out of game completely, or shorten it to 3-4 perks that offer up a total of 1k NR for 1k nanoskills or something.

1k NR isn't make or break, but it should make it more difficult for nano based profs to debuff/do damage to you, at the obvious expense of being unable to use top end nanos. in general, I agree, NR is completely borked.

I like the concept of NR at least, but yeah the execution leaves a bit to be desired. Most profs can at least plink away at you with no nanoskills, or buff/support themselves, but NTs are rendered more or less helpless if someone waltzes by with 8000 nano resist. "Weak" is fine, and "countered" too, but "helpless" should never be a state someone is in, it's just not fun.

Just spitballing, but what if the last couple levels of NR, where the bulk of the resist is added, shortened or even disabled outside buffs (or at least the combat-focused ones like reflects, runspeed, hots, etc.)? Super harsh, yes, but finishing the perk line cripples a large portion of the profession and outright nullifies a couple. People who still want casting/buffing and NR could simply stop partway through, not enough to become immune but enough to make a difference.

You do bring up a really good point in the weapon-related version. How much of a fuss would people raise if there was a general perkline added which added 8000 to all evades and reduced all weapon skills by 8000, and also offered 100% immunity to stuns and any other effects you can think of that perks apply. The level of whining would likely be incredible, and yet several professions would be able to catch and murder these people. Well, all except for Pacifist Pete who has perked NR and the evades-NR and sits crosslegged in the middle of the BS chanting a mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post

2. Demolitions

This is the Engineer grenade line. There are some cool ideas here, but I'm not sure that any engineers actually use the line. The perk actions are really, really slow (two with 6 second execution times, two with 5 second execution times) and I'm not sure how much you'd really gain over just using the combined 22 seconds for auto-attacks rather than perk actions. Additionally, Suppressive Primer says that it's a DoT, but isn't. It makes Install Notum Depletion Device more efficient. That should be added to the description for Suppressive Primer, and either it should get a DoT component or that should be removed from the description.
    Just a note about it. This slow perk action is really wonderful if you Queued it with other engi perk. If you reverse order on damage perk and Thermal Primer you can allow it to hit your target at the same time as Deadeye.
    To sum up you use install Notum Depletion Device then Suppressive Primer , you use Quick Shot (1st pistol perk) then you use the trick with damage's perk from demolition. Now you can use Freak str (stun) then deadeye and Double Shot followed by your ai perk. Demoliton's dommage perk will hit at the same time as deadeye while your target is stuned, then double shot and aiperk (fast one).
    Using chem blind/is ring + hhab effect before is pretty useful and against doc it is pretty fun ^^ But it is only doable because demolitions perks are sooooo slow.
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Notum Overflow is cool in the way it works, Nano vulnerability 15 means that when it lands on a target that target takes 15% more damages from nukes, EVERYBODYS nukes so it helps the raid as a whole
    Peel layers is a cool idea but needs to be developed further, iirc it can't remove coon just normal layers at best?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast