Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 18.7.0.21 Testlive notes.

Isn't that fog able to be turned off in your graphics settings? Would it have to be coded differently to make sure that doesn't happen? I like the fog idea, I'd even maybe make the radius that's visible around you a bit smaller. If I get a vote on how blinds affect your screen... my nomination is this!:Mario Kart Style
    ....................................-Eridonis-
    ................-Sleighbells-................-Northpole-
    ....-Psyche-...............-Decembersky-...........-Karma-
    ...............-Winterbelle-.................-Snowing-
    .....................................-Graffiti-

I'll make some comments on the compilation thread here, since it's locked.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...-7-suggestions

Ok so here are my opinions on this:

Nanobot Guard:

Change terminate action to "Set nanopoints to 0" - Pending.
    I don't really see a need for this, do soldiers get their reflect set to 0% after ams/tms goes down? No.

Adjust nanoline / stacking order for soldier reflects to not stack - Pending.
    Let them stack in case nothing gets done with our nanopool/damage to nano ratio get a serious adjustment, like 1:1

Consider recasting Nanobot Shelter on terminate - Pending.
    This is a must, not even optional.

Absorbs:
    We need much better absorbs since we have 0 healing. (3k-5k top tier) and ofc adjusted cooldown to that.
    Our top absorbs where good 10 years ago, but it's 2015 now so get with the times
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by DecemberSky View Post
    Isn't that fog able to be turned off in your graphics settings?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    Admittedly, the Vision Preservation suggestion is one of the few I haven't put much thought into and just lobbed out there :P

Here's what the fog mechanic looks like that I'm thinking:

http://youtu.be/PRApjwGz4NE?t=6m15s

You can still see, but not far. It would give the person blinding a legitimate chance to run if needed, but the target's screen isn't totally blackened out.
    That would be fair enough but, as stated, it'd need a bigger debuff to compensate for the lesser "disorientating" effect.

As for the Vision Preservation changes.. the item would need a rethinking of sorts since you're not really preserving that much vision if it doesn't prevent the new blinds.. and that's what we're going for here, right?
    I also don't think this item was created solely to fight the blind's visual effect in PvP, that seems like speculation to me. If there's some patch notes or Dev Post stating it, kindly correct me on that.

We obviously have to make sure the fog isn't preventable on the current and on the new engine with any graphics-related option as that would be ridiculous in itself. Normal fog and "sandstorms" can be turned off, but I actually think this effect isn't normal fog

I see Nanoforcer's point as well.. Even though we're not a tanking class (Soldier is), if Soldiers have access to such high damage that it would kind of make sense for our NBG to not nuke our nano pool after it runs.. this needs to be thought through though.. Should we just be able to keep it up until we run out of nano? Should there be a line CD similar to NS? Ideas, please.

Just being happy for keeping NBG seems short when we compare it to most other professions' defenses. DoF/Limber, AMS, Coon, Heals, etc.. they don't cripple you afterwards in any way. Why should ours? Because of our still sub-par DD?
    There's a balance to be hit between our offensive and our defensive abilities. We're not there yet. I'm just happy Vinkera and Michizure seem to be the right people to voice our concerns to and get things on track.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    I also don't think this item was created solely to fight the blind's visual effect in PvP, that seems like speculation to me. If there's some patch notes or Dev Post stating it, kindly correct me on that.
    They were because like I already said the blind function was complained about A LOT.
    Last edited by Vinkera; Feb 21st, 2015 at 19:37:25. Reason: Easy tiger... That's all you needed to say :P

The issue I see with not having some kind of draw back to Nanobot Guard is we could have very high defense up 91.6% of the time. That seems unbalanced to me. Because NS2's timer is now longer at 20 seconds, and Nanobot Guard is 25 seconds, you could nearly cycle through very high defense indefinitely if there's no catch somewhere.

The catch now is nano regeneration, and the inability to maintain it. There's no catch for NS2, and I'm not going to allow one without kicking and screaming involved. Nanobot Guard has to have the catch then, but that doesn't mean the one we have currently is the best. At least in the "Set nanopool to 0" situation, there's no hard lockout, and you can, in theory... Start with NS2, use Nanobot Guard when it terminates, use NS2 again if you survive and recover nano/hp through perks, stims or IW, then get another chance at Nanobot Guard, but not as good as the first with lower HP and nano. There's obviously less going on for a Soldier. They hit TMS and pray. We have the unique ability to fight two different things at once. The mob/player we're trying to kill, obviously, and our own ability to maintain our defense and offense with nano. That brings us to simply a matter of proper nano regeneration to balance our defenses and offense.

Obviously, the easy solution is no drawback, and more than one minute line cooldown on Nanobot Guard, but that's not the fun solution. To me, there's a certain level of fun trying to cycle through defense if I'm fighting something big, or even a group of mobs. Part of playing NT is/was supposed to be about being wreckless and impress people when you lived.

NS2 is arguably the best defensive nano in the game and Nanobot Guard is high on the list itself, so we need to be careful about how powerful we suggest that combo should be in the interest of balance.

That said, I realize Soldiers do get their SL reflects back after TMS/AMS, so it does make sense for us to get Nanobot Shelter back. In the grand scheme of things, Soldiers are probably the most similar profession to us, in terms of defenses, and team function. It makes sense that we don't have drawbacks that they don't either.

That includes our ability to tank mobs, because we certainly can step in if the primary tank goes down. I have done so, many times. Most recently was a DB2 run, but I have done some DB3, Ipande, and probably others. This is one reason I'd prefer the detaunt removed from GIVA. In fact, the nano documents speak of a single target taunt that seems to be just for this purpose. It is a taunt that wipes the mobs hatelist like a calm, but taunts for 60,000. In the nano documents, it's called "Izgimmer's Enflaming Self-Righteousness", and I'd like to see it in game at some point. The only thing I don't like is it appears to require that you have NS2 running. That's kind of stupid and not needed though. Of course, tanking is not an NT's specialty, but it is definitely a possibility if things go wrong and the Enf/Soldier die.

In terms of absorbs, I haven't forgotten about those, but it seems we haven't quite gotten that far in 18.7 yet, as they remain unchanged. We could definitely use some stronger absorbs, as ours are a bit underpowered. The nano documents show changing Superior Fleeting Immunity to 2467. I haven't really thought about this much, though. Does that seem to high? Right away, I'd say no, but what do you guys think?
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    Speaking of blinds, I thought engineer blinds got nerfed, but still appear to be over -1200 AAO.

Now, I'm not trying to suggest they should, but that figure makes ours look pretty crappy by comparison.
    Given that they have a 100% chance to break on hostile action, aren't they, in practice, closer to a poor man's mezz than a genuine AAO debuff? They only help against enemies you aren't trying to harm.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    Given that they have a 100% chance to break on hostile action, aren't they, in practice, closer to a poor man's mezz than a genuine AAO debuff? They only help against enemies you aren't trying to harm.
    While that might be what it says, it doesn't seem to be the case.

I was at Beast last week with an Engineer using it, and it was running in Beast's NCU pretty consistently. I'm assuming here that this would follow the same action as a calm, and terminate immediately if it were truly a 100% break chance.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Shouldnt be hard to boost NT damage with few codechanges like the "if target = monster" since were lacking alot in pvm atm.
    [Robosapiens - 220eng] [Melchran - 220nt] [Mirkku - 207agent] [Litina -157doc] [Fatina -157fix] [Notatina - 116trader] [Lotina - 110nt] [Notina - 95enf] [Tupu - 95sold] [Hotina 76agent] [Clotclown - 43agent] [Melchram - 30agent] [Jytina 21trader]

As 18.7.0.22 is now available, we will continue this discussion in a new thread.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...Testlive-notes
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456