Thread: Perfected Diamondine Kick Pistol

Perfected Diamondine Kick Pistol

It is theoretically possible to combine "Screwdriver" with "Low Recoil Diamondine Kick Pistol". But you need at least 3150 in WeaponSmithing.
    It is theoretically possible to combine "Screwdriver" with "Low Recoil Diamondine Kick Pistol". But you need at least 2925 in MechanicalEngineering.
    It is theoretically possible to combine "Screwdriver" with "Low Recoil Diamondine Kick Pistol". But you need at least 2925 in ElectricalEngineering.
    Combine failed!

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...0452774001.png

If you really don't want anyone but Engineers and Traders to use it... why not just lock the weapon/tradeskill to them? I don't even know if three thousand WeaponSmithing is possible...

And it's a shame too. The weapon looks freaking gorgeous stat wise.

[EDIT1] On Testlive, 220 Engi dedicated to Tradeskills tells me that with everything he has, including city buffs, he has about 2550ish across all tradeskills. This is still 600 short for WS. 2250-2400 would maybe work, with 2125-2250 on the others.
    [EDIT2]
    [Social] Epicosity: if I focused on TS items I could prob get at most.. with city
    [Social] Epicosity: 2.8k WS...
    Last edited by Saetos; Feb 11th, 2015 at 09:17:49.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

There is a thread with the potential cap for Tradeskills.
    If memory serves, it was a couple points short of 3k.
    I don't see this being building in its current state.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

wtb gm for tradeskiling? ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

from michi himself the Trade skill reqs were meant to be 2100 WS 1900ME/EE for kick pistol

Funcom employee

Yeah, sorry for the scare...I'll need to kick around the tradeskill tool a little bit. These requirements are a fair amount higher than I had originally intended. I'll fix that for the next Testlive update.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Yay! Thanks a ton. :3

There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quick note.

I've gotten feedback that both Traders and Engineerrs can indeed get the skills required to combine the items. However, this is not possible without IPRs for Traders, due to the vastly greater expenditure required for our nano skills (Engineers have 3 green nanoskills and do not need all six to have points put into them). While I'm very much of the opinion that there should be rewards for having godlike tradeskills, and while a thousand point drop is probably too far in the other direction, please ensure that the reqs do not require such exorbitant sacrifices.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Quick note.

I've gotten feedback that both Traders and Engineerrs can indeed get the skills required to combine the items. However, this is not possible without IPRs for Traders, due to the vastly greater expenditure required for our nano skills (Engineers have 3 green nanoskills and do not need all six to have points put into them). While I'm very much of the opinion that there should be rewards for having godlike tradeskills, and while a thousand point drop is probably too far in the other direction, please ensure that the reqs do not require such exorbitant sacrifices.
    Very much this. As an MA Trader I had to be extremely selective in my IP expenditure, even to the point of gimping some essential areas just to get the best out of it. This is still very much the case with Shotgun aswell, especially when you start to throw Multi Ranged into the mix. Unlike say if I was playing a Crat which has literally no IP issues at all

Also would it be possible to get information on the Burst cycle of the PDKP for theorycrafting purposes?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Perfectly doable numbers, absolutely possible........

Just not practical.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

This makes me all the more jealous that engis will be using tradeskills for castings nanos/pets in future. Seems traders will remain tied to blue nano skills which will make crafting weapons such as this a bit of a sacrifice at least vs engi pistols.

Michi, you're a clever chap, surely you are able to foresee the annoyance/upset/unsubs that allowing only 1 of the 2 primary crafting profs to have their nanos, and therefore IP expenditure, linked to tradeskills? On a pretty fundamental level, it doesn't appear to be a fair or well-measured decision. Engis will never have to sacrifice their skills to be a capable crafter like traders will.
    Last edited by nat3s; Feb 12th, 2015 at 09:47:29.
    Defrag 220 Crat
    Chuckle 220 Doctor
    Nates 220 Shade
    Magnite 219 Enf
    Chipbutty 212 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by nat3s View Post
    This makes me all the more jealous that engis will be using tradeskills for castings nanos/pets in future. Seems traders will remain tied to blue nano skills which will make crafting weapons such as a bit of a sacrifice at least vs engi pistols.

Michi, you're a clever chap, surely you are able to foresee the annoyance/upset/unsubs that allowing only 1 of the 2 primary crafting profs to have their nanos, and therefore IP expenditure, linked to tradeskills? On a pretty fundamental level, it doesn't appear to be a fair or well-measured decision. Engis will never have to sacrifice their skills to be a capable crafter like traders will.
    That is actually a really good point. I have a second 220 Trader who was built on Testlive (and is thusly much, much better equipped than my Live trader) and she has about 152k IP with Shotgun/Fling/Aimed/RangedInit maxed. SHe has several skills that aren't maxed (RS, NP, among others) and then zero tradeskills besides CompLit. IP expenditure for Traders has become horribly unfair and this weapon is what has finally put it into the spotlight.

#nogreenskills

oh I wanted to mention something, I was building some armour on my trader last night, and with a full set of alphas except for RA/RW/RH which I think are artillery, a full suit of CS, a few odds and ends for TS gear, and about 90% IP'd, I had over 2400 weapon smithing.

I didn't look at it too closely, but I could have swapped in 150+ Tskills without even looking for stuff, and got a 160 buff from city.

Add another about 120ish from IP and I'm at just under 3k WS

I didn't look to see if any of my symbs were missing WS but honestly I don't think 3150 is all that difficult to reach.

That is actually a really good point. I have a second 220 Trader who was built on Testlive (and is thusly much, much better equipped than my Live trader) and she has about 152k IP with Shotgun/Fling/Aimed/RangedInit maxed. SHe has several skills that aren't maxed (RS, NP, among others) and then zero tradeskills besides CompLit. IP expenditure for Traders has become horribly unfair and this weapon is what has finally put it into the spotlight.

#nogreenskills
    Not quite sure how that's possible. My Trader can TS everything (except 5-gem sabas), although it does require quite a few swaps, and has things like Shotgun, Fling, AS, RI maxed, some perception to swap scope/snipers friend, RS maxed and all the standard stuff and still have IP free.
    I wouldn't be able to TS this pistol, but I don't know where all your IP has gone that you have so little with zero tradeskills IP'd.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"

Quote Originally Posted by nat3s View Post
    This makes me all the more jealous that engis will be using tradeskills for castings nanos/pets in future.
    I dont think this is happening anymore, on the grounds that it ws WAY too much work to impliment, horribly unfair to force all engies in to a completely new and farmed from scratch set up AND not a single engie actualy wanted it to happen apart from an ex professional who is long since gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Reduce requirements and remove nodrop tags. The end.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Not quite sure how that's possible. My Trader can TS everything (except 5-gem sabas), although it does require quite a few swaps, and has things like Shotgun, Fling, AS, RI maxed, some perception to swap scope/snipers friend, RS maxed and all the standard stuff and still have IP free.
    I wouldn't be able to TS this pistol, but I don't know where all your IP has gone that you have so little with zero tradeskills IP'd.
    Heh. So it turns out that, for some reason, she has MultiRanged/RangedEnergy/Burst fully IP'd. Woops. New skill window made it rather tricky to find out at a glance - still getting used to it

Heh. So it turns out that, for some reason, she has MultiRanged/RangedEnergy/Burst fully IP'd. Woops. New skill window made it rather tricky to find out at a glance - still getting used to it
    Haha, still setup for the Dread Rapier, I understand
    When I still had that IPd, I could TS nothing outside of ql200 imps, pretty much