18.7.0.20 - Traders!

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure
    Trader
    Added nano Sudden Diversion, a TL5 SL-friendly mezz
    Increased speed/recharge of some of the less-used debuffs
    Improved damage buffs and moved into another damage line
    Skill drain buffs in PvP last for 20s, in PvM they last for 60 seconds
    Low Recoil Diamondine Kick Pistol can be upgraded further
    It's been a long time coming. All professions have gotten some sort of refinement to their toolset and we're no different, though we're in a camp that doesn't see much in the way of adjustment.

1) Sudden Diversion. This is one of the things I remember asking for all those years ago, a TL5 mezz - should help level 150+ Traders be a somewhat decent asset in PVM teams before 205.

2) Something else to note besides this. Quite a few of our nanos have now gotten short recharges but cooldown mechanics, to encourage Traders to bounce around their nanos as efficiently as possible. Of particular note is Improved Health Plunder, which now has had its recharge halved to 2.5s with no cooldown. Otherwise, expect quite a few of our nanos to have a 1.5s recharge with varying degrees of cooldown timers for their local nanolines. Pretty neato.

3) More damage is always neat, and again, makes us just a bit more of a minor asset in teams.

4) THIS is our biggest change, and while it doesn't shake up PVM all that much - though there are no AAO debuffs on drains anymore - it's going to change the face of PVP pretty much across all title levels. Reducing the duration of drains by around 90% is a very ballsy move, one that probably was long overdue but will necessitate a rethinking of how the class is played in PVP. Furthermore, a general change is that the profession lock on the Mk6 Silverback has been removed and the gun slowed down slightly to 1.6/1.6, which is a bit of a hit to us. So overall... bit shaky here, especially as the debuff was also changed to match the buff on us and (once again) there isn't an AAO debuff attached to any of our skill drains.

5) MY BABY!
    Code:
    Perfected Diamondine Kick Pistol
    NODROP 
    Rarity: Unknown
    Quality level: SPECIAL
    Requirements:
    Wield:

On Self:
      Level from 210 and 
      Fling Shot from 750 and 
      Burst from 1000 and 
      Shotgun from 2250

Ammo type: Shotgun Shells
    Damage: 280-425(500)
    Dps: 140.0-212.5(250.0)
    Speed:
    Attack 1.20s
    Recharge 1.20s
    Equip delay: 0.10s
    Initiative: Ranged Weapons Initiative
    Range: 28m
    Dual wield: Multi Ranged 1500
    Special: Burst FlingShot 
    Max beneficial skill: 2750
    Attack skills: Shotgun 100% 
    Defence skills: Duck-Exp 97% 
    Modifier:
    On User:
      Modify Ranged. Init. 20
      Modify Duck-Exp 20
      Modify Multi Ranged 20

Damage type: Imp/Proj AC
    Description:
    Before modification, the recoil of this cumbersome 'pistol' would probably kill any other breed than the Atrox.  However, it has been hooked up to an Inertial Adjustment Processing Unit, and can be used by any breed.

This weapon masterfully marries Rubi-Ka and Kyr'Ozch technology, tweaked to perfection.
    And the tradeskill is as simple as you could get too!... well, except for one minor detail:

It is theoretically possible to combine "Screwdriver" with "Low Recoil Diamondine Kick Pistol". But you need at least 3150 in WeaponSmithing.
    It is theoretically possible to combine "Screwdriver" with "Low Recoil Diamondine Kick Pistol". But you need at least 2925 in MechanicalEngineering.
    It is theoretically possible to combine "Screwdriver" with "Low Recoil Diamondine Kick Pistol". But you need at least 2925 in ElectricalEngineering.
    Combine failed!

My trader did not specialize in tradeskills so I have no idea if these numbers are possible. But from what I know, these are HUMONGOUS requirements, supposedly done so that not everyone has access to this thing, but my god. Three thousand WeaponSmithing?! Maybe I missed something and you can get much lower requirements with another tool, but sheesh...
    [EDIT] Nope. Tradeskill window says it only has one process. Drat.

6) Thanks McKnuckleSamwich for reminding me about this (don't make posts about important shiznit at 2 AM, I guess). Our old Industrial Sabotage/Corporate Protection are now PVM usable! The crit drain that was on our Nanite Improved drains were moved here, and they debuff/buff 170/17% (Lesser, 851 TS/PM) and 300/30% (regular, 1800 TS/PM). A little bit lame that it doesn't debuff AAD and buff AAO like the old versions did, but the fact that we have PVM-usable AAO drains is HUGE and, again, thanks to McKnuckleSamwich, saved pretty much this whole thread.

====

{Feb. 16 EDIT} No longer excited for this patch. While PVM Traders gain some neat options at TL5+, it comes at the behest of some truly scary nerfs at TL7 that must be addressed if this profession is going to be taken at all seriously.
    Last edited by Saetos; Feb 16th, 2015 at 07:32:46.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

IIRC a big problem identified with 18.7 originally was the removal of shutdown skills. The removal leaves traders with no (?) method to deal with an MR alpha.

I have a 220 trader and a 158 trader (150 on TL) and when I tried my 150 trader in S10 I was really impressed at how smoothly it operated despite the short durations on drains - generally speaking the AAO/crit drains are far more effective in PVM so you don't really need to worry about the skill drains which eases the casting burden to some extent.

LAWL MR was nerfed McKnuckle... get on with the times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

LAWL MR was nerfed McKnuckle... get on with the times.
    MR nerfed from 1500 AAO tooooooooo 1500 AAO?

hmm...

I'm excited to bring back my trader into play instead of just using him as a wrangler toon ^_^
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

I wonder if Michi also added the backend buff to the drains allowing them to land on Beasty that he said he'd do.

More earlier mezzes? Very good, providing they have reasonable landing %s.
    I wonder if the increased Speed/Recharge was applied to the RK AC drains? If so that is exceptionally useful.
    Again, more damage, very helpful and with it being in separate line it also means we won't be bumping into Soldiers and Keepers when using it.
    PvP aside, an increase in the duration of drains in PvM from the current 20s is good, we asked for that and it was delivered upon.
    Ewww! Shotguns!

Other than that, it looks good to me. Cracking job Michi.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

In regards to the TS requirement on that weapon.

Yeah, sorry for the scare...I'll need to kick around the tradeskill tool a little bit. These requirements are a fair amount higher than I had originally intended. I'll fix that for the next Testlive update.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    MR nerfed from 1500 AAO tooooooooo 1500 AAO?

hmm...
    ... with a backend 1500 AAD debuff and the 1500 AAO not coming online until 2 seconds in, which is about enough time to stun or otherwise attempt to disable perks from firing.

There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Funcom employee

I wonder if Michi also added the backend buff to the drains allowing them to land on Beasty that he said he'd do.
    These didn't make it into this patch, but I haven't forgotten. :P
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

These didn't make it into this patch, but I haven't forgotten. :P
    I'm holding you to it!
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Actually, after looking at the new Kick Pistol. I can see it possibly beating MA for pure DD output

Having Burst would more than make up for the loss of damage from Accumulator. AND you can dual-wield them!

Oh dear, I might have to actually reset back into Shotgun
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Yea.. imagine that.. trader with good shotgun damage... unheard of!
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Yea.. imagine that.. trader with good shotgun damage... unheard of!
    It had to happen sooner or later
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Actually, after looking at the new Kick Pistol. I can see it possibly beating MA for pure DD output

Having Burst would more than make up for the loss of damage from Accumulator. AND you can dual-wield them!

Oh dear, I might have to actually reset back into Shotgun
    Back to Dredd Rapier + Shotty then ?

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Dunno why you'd use the Rapier, unless the Burst recharge on the PDKP is that bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Back to Dredd Rapier + Shotty then ?
    Depending on the Burst cycle of the upgraded Kick Pistol, it might just be Pistol x2 :/

I'll need more complete DB rips to make a sensible choice.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Dunno why you'd use the Rapier, unless the Burst recharge on the PDKP is that bad...
    As Raggy says, once we know what the Burst cycle is like on the upgraded Kick Pistol, it'll give a more clear picture.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Hi guys and girls, for whatever reason my test will not patch. Could someone let me know if the positive effect from the drains is 3mins, or has that been lowered to the 20s in pvp also?

many thanks
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

Quote Originally Posted by Spead View Post
    Hi guys and girls, for whatever reason my test will not patch. Could someone let me know if the positive effect from the drains is 3mins, or has that been lowered to the 20s in pvp also?

many thanks
    Its 3mins, yeh

Quote Originally Posted by Poko View Post
    Its 3mins, yeh
    ahhh thanks poko, you just saved 8 of my toons!
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011121314 LastLast