Thread: 18.8.0.20 breed perk comments

18.8.0.20 breed perk comments

Michi has these changes for breed perks

I looked at these changes and I've noticed that there is some imbalance between them which I'd like to comment on.

Breed Perk Changes
    • Atrox Primary Genome
    • Mongo Rage: Gives an initial 2 second +500 AAO buff, and then a 10 second +1500 AAO buff, with -1500 AAD/-25% Crit Resist (good - much better than current)
    • Body Tackle: Increased damage and chance to land, removed stun (good, maybe reduce the activation time as well)

• Atrox Secondary Genome
    • My Own Fortress is learned at Perk Level 3, Wit of the Atrox is learned at Perk Level 10 (not really fond of this, but that's just my opinion)
    • My Own Fortress: Adds 50 AAO, Reduces Run Speed by 100, and raises ACs by 4000 (OK but maybe scale the AAO to go to +150 at 10 perks?)
    • Wit of the Atrox: Adds 75 Evades, 20 AAD, and 60 to all damage types (OK but I really think it makes more sense to have this at perk 3, and the evades/AAD could be boosted a fair bit)
    • Nanomage Primary Genome
    • Reject: Damage and chance to land have been increased (good)
    • Sword: Doubles nano cost, reduces nano Init by 150, Reduces Healing/Nuke damage by 15% (good)

• Nanomage Secondary Genome
    • Pen: Removed blind, added scaling damage, reduces Run Speed by 300 and Nano Resist by 50 (good)
    • Notum Shield: Requires 2k nano, minor nano heal, reduces nano by 500 every second, reflects 10% of damage (good)

• Opifex Primary Genome
    • Opening: Increased damage, lowered requirement to above 75% health (good)
    • Derivate: Doubled damage, lowers AAD by 150, increased chance to land (good)

• Opifex Secondary Genome
    • Blinded by Delights: Reduces nano skills by 7%, Reduces AAO by 75 (good)
    • Dizzying Heights: Increased damaged, reduced execution time (good)

• Solitus Primary Genome
    • Tacky Hack: 20 second Snare/Root resist, 5 second Stun resist (good)
    • Sphere: Team Buff of 150 AAD/AAO and 10% Crit increase (good, a lot stronger now, 25s duration still?)

• Solitus Secondary Genome
    • Feel: Reduced max damage, reduced cooldown, increased chance to land (ok)
    • Survival: Lowered base heal to 500, heals tick every 2 seconds, added nano (good)

Overall, pretty good changes/updates. The removal of blinds is good - there were too many around at low levels and with no availability to resist ANY blind, it's good if there are fewer in game.

I think Atrox secondary genome is a bit weak, compared to, say solitus primary which gives more evades AND AAO, AND crit...

Atrox secondary could use a boost imo, but basically that's it.
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Feb 11th, 2015 at 00:26:38.

isn't 18.7.0.20?
    *Rooh*

{edited for inappropriate content}

heh heh yea that's a typo.

Read through these and thought pretty much the same as Mcknuckle.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Can't test atm but the (NM) Notum Shield is basicly still the same and not very usefull for any other profession then those with massive nanopools. (and even then it'll run out very quick)...
    The rest is nice or even great.
    To Equip User Faction == Neutral

Quote Originally Posted by Aimzor View Post
    Can't test atm but the (NM) Notum Shield is basicly still the same and not very usefull for any other profession then those with massive nanopools. (and even then it'll run out very quick)...
    do you have a suggestion?

like a flat 15 second 15% reflect or 15% damage to nano?

Quote Originally Posted by Aimzor View Post
    How does it work? Does it stack fully with NBD, NBG, Zset, and/or RRFE?
    If so, it may be insanely powerful.

As I still haven't tested it, I still assume the perk cycles till you'r below the 2k minimum. So small nanopools will last 1 cycle max and large nanopools will last about 3 or even 4 (self)? Don' t have a endagem NM NT (who could team a Keeper, Trader and MP for unlimited? 10% DtN).

@ Srompu, unsure but I believe it worked ontop of reflects and is added to the amount of DtN from other toolsets. My problem isn't it's use perse but that it's only usable for the specific few that have large amounts of Nano. So what I mean is Low nanopool professions should get abit more use of it while the large Nanopool profession get tooned down abit.

Counter suggestion.
    So make the nano tick both a fixed value and % based. (keep the 2k minimum and Nano-DoT stays a tick every second)
    4 ticks -10% nano
    1 tick -500 nano
    Cycle and repeat.

So with a minimum of 5k Nanopool you are able to cycle the refelct atleast twice, if you dont take damage. However taking damage, and the minor Nano hot you get from the perk, other perk, stims and other profession toolsets, you might get a cycle or 2 and take damage. For it's % DtN and duration per cycle isn't that OP at all. But this way it will be more fair and usable for any professions no matter the Nanopool (High Nanopool profession will still have an advantage in this system.).

You could fiddle with the numbers...
    Last edited by Aimzor; Feb 12th, 2015 at 10:26:53.
    To Equip User Faction == Neutral

Let's clear up a few things about notum shield perk.
    Is it a damage to nanopool deal or a real reflect??? (if so likely in the same nanoline as guardian perk)

I'm inclined to think that it's a regular reflect as the version currently on live, the version on live is however a real pos since it has a % chance to break on hit, yeah go figure a protection perk that can break on hit.
    Madness.

I'd like to know if it's been taken care of or if it's still crap.

Any db rips yet?
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Feb 12th, 2015 at 20:26:46.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

My lowbie twinks will love getting their hands on My Own Fortress. That AC is hot It'll be fun to rework some of them as well, so thumbs up. The only concern left for my low level twinks is that Kizzermoles gained a huge bonus from these changes, now it's virtually impossible to dodge them unless you're a pure evade profession (or a MP with shield).
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Just reduce mongo rage to the initial 500 AAO only, and we can end the age of the atrox right now. Why does FC insist on always dancing around the largest problems like MR and AS?
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Mr will be quiet useless i feel, so what do you think is better in pvp solitus or fex?

Small bug report, Wit of the Atrox currently has a heal/hot icon attacked to it when you see it in ncu, it's not a hot so time to change it

I'll post this in another thread, makes more sence.
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Feb 15th, 2015 at 09:58:02.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm