Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New clan raid bot appetite?

Ultimately, if the bot had to use an approved raid leader system, then I would not allow any cronyism/nepotism in the selection of raid leaders. Anyone who is willing and able, would be given the opportunity to try it.
    Defrag 220 Crat
    Chuckle 220 Doctor
    Nates 220 Shade
    Magnite 219 Enf
    Chipbutty 212 Fixer

Anyone able to recommend a hosting package?
    Defrag 220 Crat
    Chuckle 220 Doctor
    Nates 220 Shade
    Magnite 219 Enf
    Chipbutty 212 Fixer

Bot is ready to go, VhaBot already had a set of mature raid plugins which allowed auctions. The only extra functionality I've had to build is the raid queue (ala Iraid). The points are earned per boss and the amounts are similar to Iraid.

Just need some help with a host. I'd spend maybe £10/month but I'm not sure I want to tie myself in for 12/24 months. I could offer a points bonus to anyone who is able to assist.

Thanks
    Defrag 220 Crat
    Chuckle 220 Doctor
    Nates 220 Shade
    Magnite 219 Enf
    Chipbutty 212 Fixer

You can always try Gratis VPS which you can get 6 months of hosting for free to get you up and running before you find alternate hosting.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Did a bit of reading up on Gratis as I stumbled on it also, it appears it is a known scam site (survey bot).

There are some companies out there offering a month free but they tend to commit you to 6/12 month plans. Will keep shopping around.

I found a thread on these forums the other day which advertised bot hosting for in-game credits, may pursue that.

Thanks anyhow
    Defrag 220 Crat
    Chuckle 220 Doctor
    Nates 220 Shade
    Magnite 219 Enf
    Chipbutty 212 Fixer

Did not know that about them heh.
    Never personally used them, they just came up when searching for free vps.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Hope you get this up and running. Missing an active raid-bot
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

Great to see someone taking a stab at running raid communities in AO! Past few months I have been working on a new concept for iraid probably got 400-500 hours invested, however in middle of this i got some job opportunities that i could not say no to which meant i have been neglecting my responsibility to care for iraid much, but instead of hijacking this thread i can find a better place to inform people of these changes. (new bot was ready in early November just remain to deploy it and configure it)
    Last edited by Dochere; Feb 11th, 2015 at 15:35:21.
    New site www.iraid.io

Dochere____ :: 220/70/30 :: Doctor
    Kitessolja_ :: 220/70/30 :: Soldier
    Kitesengy__ :: 220/70/30 :: Engineer
    Kitesenfo__ :: 220/70/28 :: Enforcer
    Shadykites_ :: 220/60/17 :: Shade
    Cratalot___ :: 220/70/30 :: Bureaucrat
    Kitesnt____ :: 215/57/13 :: Nano-technician
    Crattykites :: 217/48/15 ::
    Bureaucrat
    KItescrat__ :: 217/48/15 ::
    Bureaucrat

No need to worry about hijacking threads or anything like that. Great to hear you're trying to revive Iraid.

I've no interest in "running" a raid community, I'm building the bot to not require approved raid leaders in the hope that the bot will largely run itself!
    Last edited by nat3s; Feb 12th, 2015 at 20:57:19.
    Defrag 220 Crat
    Chuckle 220 Doctor
    Nates 220 Shade
    Magnite 219 Enf
    Chipbutty 212 Fixer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12