Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Troa'ler nerf

Nerf it so that in full pvp setup you will still need QL 275 scope to cap AS speed. Seems fair that you have to sacrifice something to be able to cap such OP weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    You can't cap AS on fixers
    the fixers you can't cap as on aren't the fixers you should be scared of as an evade prof.
    1 vs 5 and STILL outhealing.
    is it really that hard to type "!cd target %t and press o" in an orgbot?
    Last edited by Lazy; Dec 19th, 2014 at 09:06:09.

If you can't kill a fixer 5v1 the problem isn't in the fixer. Like I said already, it doesn't take more than two decent coordinated players to get rid of a fixer with ease.

But that's not the problem either. The problem is HOW good they can be. Sure, well played toons you expect to have a close fight or lose. And I got no problem with losing, I've been crappy at videogames my whole life, but what I struggle with is how a fixer can straight out outheal damage spam from 5 toons.
    The problem is HOW bad others can be. The average AO player is a significantly worse than the average player in most other games with real time combat, it's a consequence of AO's very simple combat system that made it so. Basics like proper movement, positioning and reaction time are things AO players never had to work on because of things like auto facing your fighting opponent, everything is pick a target and and shoot, perk queuing etc. For most that's enough because 99% of AO's content is pvm, and pvm in this game is ridiculously easy or in terms of skill requirement: low. Most consider pvp in this game an optional, leisure like activity and bring that mentality, a combination of laziness and ignorance, with them. Then of course (pvp being pvp it's not as easy or predictable as pvm) chances are they'll run into a player who knows a lot more than just the holy trinity of AO pvm funcionality (1.follow the blob 2.assist/q 3.spam specials and queue perks) which will depending on circumstances make the player who's simply a lot better seem OP or like some kind of cheater.

I've been crappy at videogames my whole life, but what I struggle with is how a fixer can straight out outheal damage spam from 5 toons.

1 vs 5 and still outhealing.

How in the F*ck is that balanced?
    I might have posted this in another thread, but I'm curious. Isn't that working as intended, I mean back before SL GA fixers were same way right? I remember an old org called Mockers that was almost 100% GA fixers and they regularly used 2 players to kill off 3 teams of tower defenders.

Has there been a change in the way GA works? Don't MP's and traders still drain them out of it? What about remodulator engi's and crats? Just curious before I jump back into this game fully what I am looking at?

Fixers don't use GA at 220. Don't take his post seriously though, countering fixers is very easy. Funcom made sure evades were rendered useless in anything other 1v1s or fighting gimps by providing every profession (except fixers and poor keepers lol) in this game with a high damage AS or SA weapon.

Clearly not soldiers rocking KEC3's.

As an aside, I also find Fixer's incredibly annoying to kill/damage/make meep, but that doesn't make them invulnerable to attack.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Clearly not soldiers rocking KEC3's.

As an aside, I also find Fixer's incredibly annoying to kill/damage/make meep, but that doesn't make them invulnerable to attack.
    +1 that why i tryed to explain before. If they got all there toolset up , but that is the same for Enf/Engi/Sold (without nsd)/Adv/good shade ect ect
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

The fixer's toolset is no more dangerous than the person pulling the strings behind it. Not sure if that is any consolation to the 220 fixer from Paradise who failed to alpha my unbuffed semi /afk 212 doctor while waitng for the xp buff *shrug*
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

2. fixers can outlast ANY prof based on latent evasion
    Wrong.
    In parts atleast. (duel situations, not open pvp):

Engineer (pets+AS), Doctor (AS+malp), NT (strangely unevadable nukes), Crat (pets+AS+nukes) and I´ve seen duel situations in which some trader were performing
    well against a Fixer. I could recall incorrect but didnt perform Grrrrl very well too? I might be wrong with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    If you can't kill a fixer 5v1 the problem isn't in the fixer. Like I said already, it doesn't take more than two decent coordinated players to get rid of a fixer with ease.
    This.
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

I'd love to know where the assumptions that "Fixers can survive 1v5 with ease" and "Troa'Ler AS never hits more than 1500" are coming from. I've definitely been hit for more than 1500 on a Troa AS several times w/ def stance, etc. and fixers are plenty vulnerable to coordinated AS/SA.

Fixers may be one of the best pvp professions at the moment these exaggerations are somewhat laughable.
    Mcbtj 220/30/70 Adv
    Mcbtk 220/30/70 Fixer
    Syntactician 220/23/70 Doc
    Clyptica 170/24/42 NT
    Fluffydeer 60/6/14 Enf
    SPIRIT

Quote Originally Posted by EmSeeBee View Post
    I'd love to know where the assumptions that "Fixers can survive 1v5 with ease" and "Troa'Ler AS never hits more than 1500" are coming from. I've definitely been hit for more than 1500 on a Troa AS several times w/ def stance, etc. and fixers are plenty vulnerable to coordinated AS/SA.

Fixers may be one of the best pvp professions at the moment these exaggerations are somewhat laughable.
    AS testing.
    troaler *can* hit more than 1500, but it's rarish.

you'd need to be hitting a 1500*2*/(1-0.3) = 4300+ non critting AS with troaler which translates to a 4430/(0.7*225) = 4x multiplier, meaning you'd need 5+ multipliers to do more damage than that.

Since at 1700 skill your AS multiplier distribution is:

16.7% 2x
    32.1% 3x
    15 % 4x

that leaves only 25% of your hits being 5+ multiplier. (11% of which are 5x, 8% are 6x)

So 75% of hits will be 1500ish.

Also, "fixers can survive 1v5 with ease" isn't an assumption. It's not even close to correct. I made the OBSERVATION that no less than on four occasions, my 5 man box was outmatched by one of two exceptionally well played atrox fixers. In 90% of cases, a fixer will die in <5s to a 5 man box (from personal experience), basically, that is:

Engi/crat/advy/soldier/keeper with all specials up with static 3.6k ish+ AR up to 4.4k AR on sold

spamming specials+nukes+pets vs fixer.

Fixers who survive are:

1. OSB'd with 7 blockers, RRFE, omnimed,ibehe and ILC (giving them a 6k HP buffer to start, 30% flects, and eating first 7 specials that land)
    2. Already have all hots running
    3. come prepared (meaning, got DS/DOF up)
    4. have already snared both engi+crat pets (meaning no pet dmg and no MB procs)
    5. NEVER come within melee range (why right?)
    6. This is the less obvious one... but spends time behind the box eating the engi blockers from 35+ meters and not doing dmg on that toon so I can't see that he's under attack

7. the first kill: disable the engi.. timing special spam to make sure AS/FA will land then stun engi with jarring burst and go for the perk alpha+AS+FA (I've only been able to prolong engi death but never avoid it if this is done properly)

8. once engi is down, run away, heal up if any dmg taken, wait for 2 minutes, then come back to make the kill vs healer (i.e. advy), this takes a lot longer but can be done with a bit of perserverence plus refreshing snares etc.

9. once advy is down it's an easy kill vs crat, sold is cake and keep is useless solo.

Anyway, it's not particularly unbelievable by any means, but in my opinion it's very impressive utilisation of the fixer toolset to manipulate range mechanics, utilise big defences and big OSB's to soak specials/avoid any extra HP loss, then wait out the obvious big defensive boost engi supplied and focus down one char at a time.

I mean, it is kind of what fixers were built for, but holy crap is it powerful. Obviously, in a 5 PLAYER vs 1 fixer situation, it would be a lot different because each PLAYER could adjust and PVP with significantly greater defensive skill, i.e. cooning, watching blocker loss, etc. But the main complaint I was making was that a fixer could, even when all 5 of my box were spamming damage/pets/nukes/specials... Fixer could EASILY tank all of them.

I hope that clarifies the situation. Of course, if I chose to use a 5 NT box, for example (which I don't like because it's such a cop out) it would be a insta gank and no fixer would survive it.

I hope that clarifies the situation. Of course, if I chose to use a 5 NT box, for example (which I don't like because it's such a cop out) it would be a insta gank and no fixer would survive it.
    Imma come, hug grace, spam /wrist to death and meep 1s before grace period ends. <3

And my 2 cents - fixer that easily tanks 5 people is an extremely ridiculous statement except when those 5 people went to aquapark and afk in AO atm.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

i alphad most fixers alone with rrfe on some of my alts.. some i even did without mr. fixers is the ones i usualy aim for first to be honest if they dont have blockers becose in my eyes they go down fastest if your within their reach.
    fixers can be a pain in the ass becose of snare/roots and they usualy are on the run so they are hard to catch, but i think it be wrong to claim fixers is this OP to get funcom to nerf em.
    nerf outside buffs if anything then. you cant kill a enf with blockers+rrfe either, or keep, soldier, ma, shade, engi, adv, nt, shield mp.. well i gues evry profession more or less... should we nerf evryone?
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Mar 5th, 2015 at 22:13:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    fixer nerfest prof!
    I think fixer players are the most delusional players in the game. They're the profession that singlehandedly makes this game a balance train wreck.

I mean let's be real, there's one special and 2 professions that can even remotely deal with fixers.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    I think fixer players are the most delusional players in the game. They're the profession that singlehandedly makes this game a balance train wreck.

I mean let's be real, there's one special and 2 professions that can even remotely deal with fixers.
    You're right about the delusional part but wrong on who. Fixers just have the perfect noobstomp/griefing toolset, at higher skill levels they're not powerful. Honestly I've never ran into a lone fixer that posed a threat, worst case scenario they were just annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    You're right about the delusional part but wrong on who. Fixers just have the perfect noobstomp/griefing toolset, at higher skill levels they're not powerful. Honestly I've never ran into a lone fixer that posed a threat, worst case scenario they were just annoying.
    At higher skill levels they're not powerful? Did you add a not in there by accident?

Fixers with lower skill levels are just annoying, I agree, but high skill fixers are brutally powerful.

I meant against higher skill level opponents. Fixers with lower skill aren't even annoying, they're free kills.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    I meant against higher skill level opponents. Fixers with lower skill aren't even annoying, they're free kills.
    in 18.6 if a fixer has spin nanoweb, and has only one brain cell in his entire body working, and that brain cell has the object to press the button that makes spin nanoweb fire on target... that fixer, while being low skill, is annoying as sin.

In 18.7 I think the durations are changing substantially so hopefully they won't be so interminably annoying.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123