Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Troa'ler nerf

Though..

The only thing really wrong with fixers is Mongo Rage.

50% FastAttack and FlingShot evade checks would be very interesting. A "mini" AS.

Maybe even regular attack lower evade checks would help considerably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Though..

The only thing really wrong with fixers is Mongo Rage.
    No.

Fixer has PO - can perk anything already. What is wrong is that they can kill anything and die to nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Metafizis View Post
    No. Fixer has PO - can perk anything already. What is wrong is that they can kill anything and die to nothing.
    A good doc, adv, agent or enforcer won't die 1v1 to fixers. You play a squishy prof plus you're bad which naturally makes fixers seem more powerful than they really are overall. PO is no argument either, look at it's recharge and NR check coupled with the fact that fixers have the lowest base nanoskills of all professions in this game.

lol puf, just because YOU die, doesn't mean fixer's aren't the most OP class in game right now.

A well built and played atrox/high HP fixer won't die to..... anyone! except an NT (and good luck finding one of those right now).

Most profs have a reasonable chance vs most other ones. But when it takes 4-5 toons to even THREATEN a high HP fixer... you know that's called OP in most circles.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    lol puf, just because YOU die, doesn't mean fixer's aren't the most OP class in game right now. A well built and played atrox/high HP fixer won't die to..... anyone! except an NT (and good luck finding one of those right now). Most profs have a reasonable chance vs most other ones. But when it takes 4-5 toons to even THREATEN a high HP fixer... you know that's called OP in most circles.
    This quote is testament to a historic moment when the gigantic skill disparity between omni and clan was finally acknowledged among clan folk. Seriously it never takes us more than two (inb4 multiboxers qq) to flatten a clan fixer in a second.

lol puf, just because YOU die, doesn't mean fixer's aren't the most OP class in game right now.

A well built and played atrox/high HP fixer won't die to..... anyone! except an NT (and good luck finding one of those right now).

Most profs have a reasonable chance vs most other ones. But when it takes 4-5 toons to even THREATEN a high HP fixer... you know that's called OP in most circles.
    here we go again. aaight. we gotta live with the troll pistol because knuckle's engi dies to fixers. that really must have been one traumatizing experience. you've been delusional for at least a year now. before you snap back at me for saying that, roll a fixer and i'll reactivate just to kill it with with 4-5 toons to prove you wrong, then kill it with 2-3 toons just to prove a point and then, after you apologize for terrorizing the forums with this for years, we can duel a bit. i don't have an equipped engi though. but i do have an nt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    A good doc, adv, agent or enforcer won't die 1v1 to fixers. You play a squishy prof plus you're bad which naturally makes fixers seem more powerful than they really are overall. PO is no argument either, look at it's recharge and NR check coupled with the fact that fixers have the lowest base nanoskills of all professions in this game.
    er no offence but you aren't what i call a good fixer eitheir But people like Neophyte or another nm female fix from paradise are pretty good. It isn't because Fixer is OP but mostly because they know perfectly well their toolset and timing. I don't think Fixer are OP even if on paper they got one of the best def (Hot+def) and pretty off (3300/3400 AR without tower but 12+pen). They can be annoying because: 1 they run fast 2 they can meep 3 THEY RUN ALL THE TIME <3
    To sum up they are far from OP, when i meet them in BS on engi i just pop snare mine and watch them drop, but in open pvp they can be really good due to the fact they can escape when they want. But it is their toolset ^^
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Nice to hear that the criteria for being a good fixer is rolling nanomage and meeping at >50% hp from a 1v1 as a display of perfect timing :rofl:

as a bad fixer i know that fixers are the nerfest prof. rito pls fix

Nice to hear that the criteria for being a good fixer is rolling nanomage and meeping at >50% hp from a 1v1 as a display of perfect timing :rofl:
    Meep at >50% is what all fixer do -_- Well if you beg to be different because you meep at 49,99%, it wont change a Lot. Dying from a sneaky AS/SA is stupid as a Fixer you can meep and come back to harass your target and make him use a big part of his toolset, to let the other sneaky Aser/Saer from your side finish the target ( You can see here that i don't state about Clan or Omnis because aside of the RP stuff, it is always the same way to play -mostly.)

About the breed part we can sum up like that: Opi you got blind perk (:X and you lose 3 precious perk from conc or cola)
    Soli well nearly nothing sadly (sphere isnt really needed)
    Trox you can get 11 AS/FA, MR (but you lose conc or cola); in combat gear you need at least 1 item swap to cast hot and you will spam it less than NM, high HP is great with % heal hot
    NM you can self cast all debuff/hot with combat gear , still have 15k hp, spam longer HOT and you get the nice nm absorb to avoid those sneaky gankers (YEA MEEEP!) but no 11 sec FA

It is just a point of view, but for my part NM give most of the advantage but other are viable they got less advantage.

About your statement on 1 vs 1 you can still propose the people you disagree about being a good display of fixer by proposing them a Duel, i will be curious to see it, at least meeping wont be involved ... :rofl:
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dritst View Post
    Meep at >50% is what all fixer do -_-
    Didn't bother reading further after this very narrow minded generalization.

Didn't bother reading further after this very narrow minded generalization.
    That is why i stated you aren't the best exemple when we talk about fixer and why i stated that other player might be more accurate about it.
    You read half of the text like you use play half well your fixer <3 Being average isnt an offence btw it is a point of view when you compare to what we got atm on the server ^^

Opinion disregarded as you obviously think fixers are good if they continuously meep to avoid a sneaky AS/SA. A good player however will be aware of their surroundings and will take that into account without having to panic, unlike your average fixer who will meep every time their fear of dying kicks in regardless of their hp, opponent, surroundings etc. Daring to fight doesn't mean I die any more than other fixers do, timing my opponent's attacks and counting their perks means I can actually push my character to the limit instead of being the generic noob who meeps for the sake of meeping (wow I'm so good I pushed a button!). I find that killing my opponents is a much more effective pvp strategy than continuous meeping, if racking up my kill count instead of running away from every fight makes me a bad fixer then I'm sorry but you really don't know what you're talking about.

Opinion disregarded as you obviously think fixers are good if they continuously meep to avoid a sneaky AS/SA. A good player however will be aware of their surroundings and will take that into account without having to panic, unlike your average fixer who will meep every time their fear of dying kicks in regardless of their hp, opponent, surroundings etc. Daring to fight doesn't mean I die any more than other fixers do, timing my opponent's attacks and counting their perks means I can actually push my character to the limit instead of being the generic noob who meeps for the sake of meeping (wow I'm so good I pushed a button!). I find that killing my opponents is a much more effective pvp strategy than continuous meeping, if racking up my kill count instead of running away from every fight makes me a bad fixer then I'm sorry but you really don't know what you're talking about.

Well i saw you pvp and not only from my engy then if you think you are different from other fixer in term of meep/fight you are pretty wrong, like the majority of fixer. And the "generic noob" represents a little part of the fixer pvp communauty (BOTH SIDE) that meep not at 40% not at 50% but when you press Q (no need to put some name, they are pretty famous) outside of any MB tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by dritst View Post
    Well i saw you pvp and not only from my engy then if you think you are different from other fixer in term of meep/fight you are pretty wrong, like the majority of fixer. And the "generic noob" represents a little part of the fixer pvp communauty (BOTH SIDE) that meep not at 40% not at 50% but when you press Q (no need to put some name, they are pretty famous) outside of any MB tactic.
    fixers are just doing that to p@*$ you off. its not like you could kill a fixer below 50% hp if they didn't meep. at least according to knuckle.
    Last edited by Xootch; Dec 18th, 2014 at 22:44:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    fixers are just doing that to p@*$ you off. its not like you could kill a fixer below 50% hp if they didn't meep. at least according to knuckle.
    Any fixer worth his salt knows that meeping at 40-50% is missing the good half of the fight.

The reality is that fixers don't need to meep until 5-10% HP (IF THEY PLAN ON GTFO THERE LIKE A SISSY NINNY).

But Paf clearly shows her lack of understanding of fixer prowess. Good fixers know that by the time they've reached 50% HP that they've well expended the blockers on 1-2 toons and now *should* have free reign to kill them if they haven't done so already.

Further to this point, any fixer meeping at 40-50% HP is a effing noob. You can't cap AS on fixers, so if you are playing fixer, you *should* know that troaler AS won't hit for more than 1.5k and thus you can outheal 3-4 players spamming it on you (which is the problem with fixers). 80% static crit resist, 100% snare/root resist, get out of jail free card and OP hots basically make fixers unkillable EVEN if they don't meep, EVEN when it's 4 on 1.

It's no joke and no big secret Fixers are WTF OP right now. It's just a matter of time before they get some hard love - AT LEAST our GD is awake and active so I expect it might come sooner than all you omlet fixers would like.

Nerf fixers, says advy.

In any case playing my opi fixer today in BS did make me feel da power. Will do it more often.

Fixers are hard to balance.

Take away their tools and they suck at pvm..

But surtenly op. Compared to other professions of their class.

Fix evades, AS gameplay and Fixes should fix themself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

ok. so all fixers meep at 40-50% and the ones that do are noobs. says so in the last couple of posts. so where are the op fixers? and where are all the fixers excelling in duels?

more seriously though. fixer killpower is limited. even with mr. discussed a thousand times. i'm not saying a fixer alpha is bad, its quite powerful with mr, no doubt. but if you routinely instadie to an mr fixer, you either need to wtfl2p or quit. yeahyeah. you disagree. i don't care. doesn't change @%t.

the point is: fixers are good at farming noobs and good at getting away. farming noobs creates an image of a kill machine while the latter makes fixer unpopular beyond comprehension. the whole griefing debate was because people couldn't cope with not seeing a corpse. some folks were even honest enough to admit that. so if you think that a profession built around getting away is getting away too much (which, truth be told, has been the bottom line of this for years now), yes, fixers are op. but keep in mind that getting away without dying does not equal sustain.

but to claim fixers can kill everything 1,2,3 is just nonsense. fixers aren't even close to being the deadliest prof out there. saying that either shows you have no idea what you're doing or you should finally grind 220 and get some equip. a year ago, in one of the many discussions with knuckle on this, we went over every single prof. no one was able to name one scenario where you'd go instasplat against a mr fixer with very few exceptions, e.g. non nm crats that don't see it coming.

so. i know you won't agree. and it doesn't matter. you'll continue to cry until fixers are nerfed. and then you'll jump on the next prof. it's sad how a community that takes pride in being so insightful takes drama as the lead motive to demand game changes. to me, the really sad part is that because of this, we have to live with aimed shot online, thanks to the as pistol and everything. in parallel, you demand more sa on melee weapons. i mean seriously. how many profs have as in their toolset already? and how many already have as and sa? i fundamentally disagree with the direction of giving more and more specials to everyone. i certainly don't think giving fixers such a low cooldown on fa was a good idea. but is it a problem in the light of the dd output other profs have or in the light of the sustain other profs have? by far not top of the list. but hey, i'm not even playing anymore. so whatever. what i'm trying to say is: it's really sad what these forums have become.
    Last edited by Xootch; Dec 19th, 2014 at 00:41:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    i certainly don't think giving fixers such a low cooldown on fa was a good idea. but is it a problem in the light of the dd output other profs have or in the light of the sustain other profs have? by far not top of the list. but hey, i'm not even playing anymore. so whatever. what i'm trying to say is: it's really sad what this GAME has become.
    Agree and Ftfy.

I also agree that just handing out specials isn't the way to fix the game.

But there are some issues which aren't going away:

1. special spam on fixers/soldiers WILL destroy any prof if you wait out their other defences (with exception of advy/doc due to healing)
    2. fixers can outlast ANY prof based on latent evasion
    3. MR throws ALL balance to the moon - and this isn't a fixer qualm, this is a Anyprof qualm

The problem isn't that fixers are WTF OP in a bazillion area (even though they are), it's the combination that's so potent. and i'm not even talking about meeps.

Sure, some fixers can't play worth sh*t, it's true. I gank some fixers 9/10 times with my box, some have NEVER beat me even when they come back with friends. But obviously we aren't judging the prof being OP on the way guys play who seem to always be eating a sandwich the moment PVP starts.

We're talking about the guys who approach warily, who spam debuffs before getting in range, who play properly, and utilize all their defences, CC, offense, wait for blockers to be down before unloading perks, who keep the hots running and stay mobile.

I mean, I'm not saying that playing a fixer well is easy. Most of the guys who are really good are either als just good at the game in general, or have so much experience on that prof that you'd be surprised if they weren't good.

But that's not the problem either. The problem is HOW good they can be. Sure, well played toons you expect to have a close fight or lose. And I got no problem with losing, I've been crappy at videogames my whole life, but what I struggle with is how a fixer can straight out outheal damage spam from 5 toons.

1 vs 5 and still outhealing.

1 vs 5 and STILL outhealing.

1 VS 5.
    1 VS 5.
    1 VS 5.
    1 VS 5.
    1 VS 5.
    1 VS 5.
    1 VS 5.
    1 VS 5.
    1 VS 5.
    1 VS 5.
    1 VS 5.
    1 VS 5.
    1 VS 5.
    1 VS 5.
    1 VS 5.
    1 VS 5.
    1 VS 5.
    1 VS 5.
    1 VS 5.
    1 VS 5.
    1 VS 5.
    1 VS 5.

And still outhealing, still alive, still meeping.

How in the F*ck is that balanced?

Agree and Ftfy.

I also agree that just handing out specials isn't the way to fix the game.

But there are some issues which aren't going away:

1. special spam on fixers/soldiers WILL destroy any prof if you wait out their other defences (with exception of advy/doc due to healing)
    2. fixers can outlast ANY prof based on latent evasion
    3. MR throws ALL balance to the moon - and this isn't a fixer qualm, this is a Anyprof qualm

The problem isn't that fixers are WTF OP in a bazillion area (even though they are), it's the combination that's so potent. and i'm not even talking about meeps.

Sure, some fixers can't play worth sh*t, it's true. I gank some fixers 9/10 times with my box, some have NEVER beat me even when they come back with friends. But obviously we aren't judging the prof being OP on the way guys play who seem to always be eating a sandwich the moment PVP starts.

^^^^^^^^^^^^/SNIP
    I'm not sure which 5 people you have beating on that fixer, but if they're all half decent, the fixer will die (albeit not quickly) unless he meeps. I will agree that fixers are OP... I don't deny that at all, but they can't 1v5 without meeping out. Most people I know consider a meep a kill (or at least a concede). Fixers probably shouldn't get Deceptive Stance or they should put it on a 30 minute cool-down or something. There should also be a larger penalty for meeping than a just lowering their hp to 1.

My suggestion for meep balance?

Make instant meeping put the fixer into ress sickness. The fixer gets to live but they have to wait to ress their skills as if they died... The fixer gets the benefit of denying kill points to his enemies but now he can't immediately return to fight against a bunch of people who have MR on cooldown and continue to screw with them. If not literal ress sickness, put a very large nanoskill and evade debuff on them when they meep that lasts the time of a traditional ress.
    Last edited by Dajam; Dec 19th, 2014 at 12:59:40.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast