Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Troa'ler nerf

Troa'ler nerf

Troa'ler now requires over 2000 aimed shot to cap recharge. Does it really matter? Discuss.

The problem i see with it is it's an indirect buff to fixers.
    NO U

fixer nerfest prof!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    fixer nerfest prof!
    i like that, too!

While I would have approved this 5 years ago, it's not a good fix now.

Fixers are insanely OP as it is and they certainly don't need another boost.

Troaler pistols actually need a boost right now, not a nerf.

The boost that's actually needed to take out atrox fixers is a boost to max damage (225-->275) is probably the bare minimum that's needed right now.

i don't want to get into yet another discussion about fixers with you, so i'll leave it at this: I very very much disagree with that statement. There never was a reason for the pistol to begin with, and there is none now. But again, we'll never agree here, so let's leave it at that.

If you can show me 1 prof other than NT's who can kill an atrox fixer in open PVP at this time, I'll concede that the implication of the troaler nerf is unfounded.

However, until there is balance on high HP fixers with MR, 100% root/snare resist, refactor NCU, static 4k+ defence, static 80% crit resist, with second to best CC in game, and the most specials on demand with fastest recharge in game...

Anything that is weakening other profs relative to fixers, is not a good fix.

The best changes that can be made in game RIGHT now are:

1. lower the % that DB hots heal for
    2. increase the max damage on troaler
    3. remove the proliferation of full auto on fixer toolset (to some extent)
    4. increase the frequency of spec blocker recharge on engies
    5. increase the reflect % on engies top reflect
    6. scale up the damage on Garuks Viral assault
    7. lower the check on workplace depression
    8. lower the cast time on top doc dots
    9. give keeper's bow support
    10. give MP's more bow support
    11. Give ALL bow users a second AS based special that checks 75% DR (MP/MA/agent/keeper) that works in PVP and PVM
    12. reduce the amount of reflect NSD removes on soldiers
    13. increase range on MA fist, brawl, all 1HB,1HE,piercing,melee energy,2HE and 2hb weaps to 5m, and put weap range on infantry symbs
    14. lower the recharge cap on fling shot/fast attack to 3s and make it check 50% EC or DR
    15. lower the check on ALL stun nanos (crat/agent/MP)

Then we've got a better game where there's faster action and better balance between ranged/melee, and better balance between OP profs at this moment and profs that not a lot of people like to play because they are slow/clumsy and/or just unusable.

Atrox shade. Thank you, I accept your apology, now leave it alone, please.

Good riddence.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    Atrox shade. Thank you, I accept your apology, now leave it alone, please.
    Er, what apology?

I only said I'd admit it was unfounded but your argument fails at logic 101. Atrox shade can't hit a fixer... unlikely ever to even get in range.

Atrox shade cannot kill an atrox fixer in open PVP ever, not once in the entire time the servers have been active. A well played fixer will not even get hit by a shade... What's he going to do, SHD him to death?

When was the last time you were in game bro?

Do you even internet son?

Funcom employee

Sorry for causing all of this - AO tools can be magical, as they can store uncommitted changes to items, which can easily blindside someone who is going in to just edit something as benign as the requirements (adding the LoX expansion and Title Level).

It was not my intention to nerf this pistol as it has been, though, that is not to say I didn't have plans to play around with it in the future. Either way, adjusting this pistol is outside the scope of what I intend to patch with Christmas, so it will be reverted to how it is currently on Live. I hope to return to this weapon, and the reason it was implemented, at a later date.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Er, what apology?

I only said I'd admit it was unfounded but your argument fails at logic 101. Atrox shade can't hit a fixer... unlikely ever to even get in range.

Atrox shade cannot kill an atrox fixer in open PVP ever, not once in the entire time the servers have been active. A well played fixer will not even get hit by a shade... What's he going to do, SHD him to death?

When was the last time you were in game bro?

Do you even internet son?
    you're funny. haha!

I know I got funny bones.

OMG! Stop reverting good changes! 2k AS to cap would make it perfect for advies.... and well professions who actually deserve 11 second AS's... not docs, crats, mps, etc etc..

I look forward to time when you sir do indeed change it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

LONG over due change. Should just remove it from game, but ill take the 2k AS cap for starters.

BUMP !
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

not gonna happen chewy, michi clarified that 5 posts before this one!

nerf the 80% dodge check pistol perks to 100% and do the same with alien perks and enforcer 1h perks.

and give keepers sneak attack or a wep with 9999 dmg to make up for all the years of suffering
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Dec 16th, 2014 at 23:15:38.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    If you can show me 1 prof other than NT's who can kill an atrox fixer in open PVP at this time, I'll concede that the implication of the troaler nerf is unfounded.

However, until there is balance on high HP fixers with MR, 100% root/snare resist, refactor NCU, static 4k+ defence, static 80% crit resist, with second to best CC in game, and the most specials on demand with fastest recharge in game...

Anything that is weakening other profs relative to fixers, is not a good fix.

The best changes that can be made in game RIGHT now are:

1. lower the % that DB hots heal for
    2. increase the max damage on troaler
    3. remove the proliferation of full auto on fixer toolset (to some extent)
    4. increase the frequency of spec blocker recharge on engies
    5. increase the reflect % on engies top reflect
    6. scale up the damage on Garuks Viral assault
    7. lower the check on workplace depression
    8. lower the cast time on top doc dots
    9. give keeper's bow support
    10. give MP's more bow support
    11. Give ALL bow users a second AS based special that checks 75% DR (MP/MA/agent/keeper) that works in PVP and PVM
    12. reduce the amount of reflect NSD removes on soldiers
    13. increase range on MA fist, brawl, all 1HB,1HE,piercing,melee energy,2HE and 2hb weaps to 5m, and put weap range on infantry symbs
    14. lower the recharge cap on fling shot/fast attack to 3s and make it check 50% EC or DR
    15. lower the check on ALL stun nanos (crat/agent/MP)

Then we've got a better game where there's faster action and better balance between ranged/melee, and better balance between OP profs at this moment and profs that not a lot of people like to play because they are slow/clumsy and/or just unusable.
    if the fixer doesnt meep, they 99.9% of times die for me in open pvp
    Ciassene

Quote Originally Posted by Ciassene View Post
    if the fixer doesnt meep, they 99.9% of times die for me in open pvp
    With you playing the fixer, I assume ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast